Best seating for Spiderman

Mamie Profile Photo
Mamie
#1Best seating for Spiderman
Posted: 4/18/12 at 8:12pm

I have a 5 year old niece who is absolutely nuts (and I mean NUTS) about Spiderman. Her mom and dad want to bring her to NY to see the show but they'd like some advice on the best place to sit. I've never seen the show so I can't help them. Your opinions please? (And please don't suggest that they sit in another theatre....) Thanks!

www.thebreastcancersite.com
A click for life.
mamie4 5/14/03

binau Profile Photo
binau
#2Best seating for Spiderman
Posted: 4/18/12 at 8:16pm

I sat in box seats (rush), and while it wasn't a very good view of 1/2 of the stage the view of the flying was quite interesting. Therefore, perhaps seats in the front of the centre mezzanine would seem like a good place to me. It might get annoying to have to look up all the time if you're sitting in the orchestra, although that said maybe it is interesting to have them flying over you..

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

Mamie Profile Photo
Mamie
#2Best seating for Spiderman
Posted: 4/18/12 at 8:18pm

thanks so much. Front center mezz is my preferred choice for most big musicals but I wasn't sure about this one - particularly with all the flying.

www.thebreastcancersite.com
A click for life.
mamie4 5/14/03

ChildrenwillListen
#3Best seating for Spiderman
Posted: 4/18/12 at 9:45pm

A girl who's nuts about Spiderman. Sounds like my cousin. it's quite sad.

bryan2
#4Best seating for Spiderman
Posted: 4/19/12 at 2:11pm

The front of the Mezz are the best seats ...he lands a few times on the ledge and leaves from there also...It will be really fun for her to see him so close up and the flying looks great from there....i saw it from 3rd row aisle mez -it was amazing to watch the flying

Idiot Profile Photo
Idiot
#5Best seating for Spiderman
Posted: 4/19/12 at 2:33pm

Since 'mash ups' are all the rage, could someone please stage KISS OF THE SPIDER MAN?

LegallyBroadway2
#6Best seating for Spiderman
Posted: 4/19/12 at 2:48pm

I won't sit in the mezzanine again. The times I did, it just wasn't as exciting. I had more fun, and more thrills in the balcony. Id say go orchestra seats all the way, before row R and close to center.

Billy5
#7Best seating for Spiderman
Posted: 4/19/12 at 3:45pm

It's quite fun in the mid-orchestra. THe kid will love the characters above them. Too close to the stage, and you have to turn around.