pixeltracker

Jean Smart - I guess it is not Annie.- Page 4

Jean Smart - I guess it is not Annie.

madbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
#75Jean Smart in talks for Annie?
Posted: 5/23/12 at 8:15am

I like Faith Prince, but that choice wouldn't inspire me to see this revival.

"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson

inlovewithjerryherman Profile Photo
inlovewithjerryherman
#76Jean Smart in talks for Annie?
Posted: 5/23/12 at 8:37am

I saw Faith Prince's cabaret show here in Chicago about a month ago and it was D-R-E-A-D-F-U-L. Her voice is just kind of...well, awful these days.

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#77Jean Smart in talks for Annie?
Posted: 5/23/12 at 8:44am

Faith Prince seems decidedly Irish for the part of "Hannigan." I don't think that matters in the least for this character (what's her mother's ethnic background after all?). Prince has that classically Irish flair going for her ... but not much else that is needed for the part, IMO.

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22

Kalimba Profile Photo
Kalimba
#78Jean Smart in talks for Annie?
Posted: 5/23/12 at 9:39am

I really hope it's NOT Faith Prince. I can see her giving the same bland, predictable performance with her schtick.

chanel
#79Jean Smart in talks for Annie?
Posted: 5/23/12 at 9:43am

For those who might be wondering what Rosie O'Donnell would have been like in the part, here are clips of her doing "Little Girls" and "Easy Street".

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/dailymusto/2012/05/how_would_rosie.php

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#80Jean Smart in talks for Annie?
Posted: 5/24/12 at 1:01pm

Really, Matt Windman? A false BWW rumor is considered "speculation"? The rumor was debunked quickly by a trusted member.

http://www.amny.com/urbanite-1.812039/behind-the-curtain-four-characters-axed-from-smash-and-more-1.3736700

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#81Jean Smart in talks for Annie?
Posted: 5/24/12 at 1:08pm

Actually ljay889.. the speculation started ( with me) by her interview with Sam Rubin on KTLA. Perhaps I am not the only one that saw it? Still trying to find a link.

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!

theaternut Profile Photo
theaternut
#82Jean Smart in talks for Annie?
Posted: 5/24/12 at 3:44pm

Last I heard both Christine Ebersol and Jean Smart were in "talks". I have noticed that Ebersol has cleared her appearances on her site.

MrMidwest Profile Photo
MrMidwest
#83Jean Smart in talks for Annie?
Posted: 5/24/12 at 5:35pm

Jean in Garden State

"The gods who nurse this universe think little of mortals' cares. They sit in crowds on exclusive clouds and laugh at our love affairs. I might have had a real romance if they'd given me a chance. I loved him, but he didn't love me. I wanted him, but he didn't want me. Then the gods had a spree and indulged in another whim. Now he loves me, but I don't love him." - Cole Porter

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#84Jean Smart in talks for Annie?
Posted: 5/24/12 at 7:28pm

Seth Rudesky (sp) must have just picked up on this. He just threw the two names he has heard into the mix. Tracy Ullman and Allison Janney.

jayinchelsea Profile Photo
jayinchelsea
#85Jean Smart in talks for Annie?
Posted: 5/24/12 at 11:40pm

Jean Smart all the way! It's the only way you could get me to see this tired, boring piece of drivel again. Come on, Mr. Lapine, can't you find a new play or at least a much more worthy musical to work on?

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#86Jean Smart in talks for Annie?
Posted: 5/25/12 at 12:46pm

The saga continues...

"
Theater reporter, Frank DiLella, tweeted that he heard it's Katie Finneran!

https://twitter.com/#!/fdilella

Updated On: 5/25/12 at 12:46 PM

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#87Jean Smart in talks for Annie?
Posted: 5/25/12 at 12:47pm

I just heard that from a good source.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#88Jean Smart in talks for Annie?
Posted: 5/25/12 at 12:48pm

Wow! Now Finneran is exciting casting without casting a name.

Borstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
#89Jean Smart in talks for Annie?
Posted: 5/25/12 at 1:45pm

I don't know if I told this story already (probably), but a friend of mine worked with Jean Smart at the Oregon Shakespeare Festival in the seventies alongside the likes of William Hurt. He swore up and down that she was an absolutely searing Shakespearean tragedienne and found it funny that she made her name in comedy.

Screw ANNIE. I want to see her R&J Nurse or Cleopatra!

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” ~ Muhammad Ali

Videos