pixeltracker

Shakespeare in the Park - Line Status Thread- Page 3

Shakespeare in the Park - Line Status Thread

luckyleo81
#50Shakespeare in the Park - Line Status Thread
Posted: 6/25/12 at 4:32pm

This is probably a naive question, but the only day I can go see As You Like It is on June 30th, the last day. I don't live in the city so I wouldn't be able to get to the park till around 8:00 a.m., and that's with taking a 6 o'clock train. Is it worth it to try and stand in line or will the line most likely be too long by 8?

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#51Shakespeare in the Park - Line Status Thread
Posted: 6/25/12 at 4:48pm

If it is, you can always line up for standby tickets at around 6PM.

Tickets are released starting at around 7, for people that don't claim them in time. There's only been one night that not everyone on the standby line has gotten tickets.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

dreaming Profile Photo
dreaming
#52Shakespeare in the Park - Line Status Thread
Posted: 6/25/12 at 4:52pm

And just to add to what Kad said-they do hand out slips to people who waited in line when they run out of tickets for general admission. You get a standby slip, basically, and you get to come back and get priority space in the standby line. (I think they have a certain number of standby slips they hand out. While they don't guarantee that you'll get in, they're a decent bet. I've gotten in both times this happened to me.)

aaronb
#53Shakespeare in the Park - Line Status Thread
Posted: 6/26/12 at 2:07pm

Any post-opening stories?

E.Davis Profile Photo
E.Davis
#54Shakespeare in the Park - Line Status Thread
Posted: 6/26/12 at 2:09pm

My friend one the online lotto 2 out of the three times he entered.

"I think lying to children is really important, it sets them off on the right track" -Sherie Rene Scott-

ClydeBarrow Profile Photo
ClydeBarrow
#55Shakespeare in the Park - Line Status Thread
Posted: 6/26/12 at 9:01pm

The whole standby line didn't make it in tonight. There were about 75 people left without tickets.

"Pardon my prior Mcfee slip. I know how to spell her name. I just don't know how to type it." -Talulah

Bobby Maler Profile Photo
Bobby Maler
#56Shakespeare in the Park - Line Status Thread
Posted: 6/26/12 at 9:16pm

Thanks, Clyde. Holy Crap, tickets are becoming harder and harder to get. Why is their run so short??

OK, I finally have time to see it this Thursday. Sounds like the stand by line is no longer a good guarantee. What time should I get in line on Thursday? Is 10 am too late?

daisychain44
#57Shakespeare in the Park - Line Status Thread
Posted: 6/27/12 at 7:59pm

I'd say 10 is way too late - walked by there this morning and by 8:15 the line already looked to be beyond the point of getting tickets.