pixeltracker

Nikki M James already left/leaving this week?

Nikki M James already left/leaving this week?

shrekster224 Profile Photo
shrekster224
#1Nikki M James already left/leaving this week?
Posted: 6/11/12 at 12:40pm

Just checked the BOM website to see if they updated Gertner/Rouleau and Samantha Marie Ware (expected tour Nabulungi) is listed. Anyone have details?

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#2Nikki M James already left/leaving this week?
Posted: 6/11/12 at 12:45pm

I believe Samantha Ware is just filling in for Nikki James temporarily in advance of doing the tour. Isn't James off filming LUCKY STIFF in California?

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.
Updated On: 6/11/12 at 12:45 PM

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#2Nikki M James already left/leaving this week?
Posted: 6/11/12 at 1:54pm

She's been cryptically tweeting about it for weeks. I personally kind of hate how BBB has handled the cast changes.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

bdn223 Profile Photo
bdn223
#3Nikki M James already left/leaving this week?
Posted: 6/11/12 at 2:05pm

You have to give to Scott Rudin for learning from Mel Brooks' mistakes in the marketing of The Producers...although since they never really advertised Andrew Rannells and Josh Gad were predominate in its advertising, it should of been much of an issue outside the theater community after they left, like Lane and Broderick were... Wicked proved that even if your leads were crucial to your shows initial success you can have a long life beyond that and not hurt ticket sales. It might be different since Chenoweth left in July right after the Tonys and Idena didn't leave for another 6 months, which Gad and Ranneells left within days of each other which often doesn't bode well.

JeanGudio
#4Nikki M James already left/leaving this week?
Posted: 6/11/12 at 5:23pm

Wicked while more than a children's show is suitable for children and fills that void. While there a many shows wicked also has kept up the casts as good solid casts without much of the stunt casting of other shows. I am talking to you rent

kidbroadway2
#5Nikki M James already left/leaving this week?
Posted: 6/11/12 at 5:39pm

Love the original cast, but the writing is so good in this show, the casting is pretty interchangeable. The characters are pretty much archetypes.

broadwayfever
LizzieCurry
#7Nikki M James already left/leaving this week?
Posted: 6/11/12 at 7:14pm

They also have out clauses.

Yes, the principals did all renew, and yes, they did make a major mistake in putting out a press release that could not really be guaranteed.

Back to the original question, I think Nikki is only going to be gone for about 6 weeks.

LizzieCurry
#8Nikki M James already left/leaving this week?
Posted: 6/11/12 at 7:14pm

They also have out clauses.

Yes, the principals did all renew, and yes, they did make a major mistake in putting out a press release that could not really be guaranteed.

Back to the original question, I think Nikki is only going to be gone for about 6 weeks.

wicked4l
#9Nikki M James already left/leaving this week?
Posted: 6/11/12 at 7:15pm

The contracts were never extended. The press release was just to keep ticket sales strong. They have always intended on leaving then. I do believe that James will be back soon. Per an understudy from the production.

LizzieCurry
#10Nikki M James already left/leaving this week?
Posted: 6/11/12 at 7:22pm

Wow, that's even ****tier of them, then!

I have to say, I never really believed them when that press release went out the first time. I just hope it doesn't backfire.

broadwayfever
#11Nikki M James already left/leaving this week?
Posted: 6/11/12 at 7:22pm

Do you know when Andrew is scheduled to leave?

LizzieCurry
#12Nikki M James already left/leaving this week?
Posted: 6/11/12 at 7:30pm

His last show was yesterday's matinee.

https://twitter.com/AndrewRannells/status/212147925038538753

Invisible926
#13Nikki M James already left/leaving this week?
Posted: 6/11/12 at 7:32pm

I spoke to Nikki at the stage door last weekend(June 3rd). She said she was definitely returning to BOM when she finishes the project she is working on.

Updated On: 6/11/12 at 07:32 PM

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#14Nikki M James already left/leaving this week?
Posted: 6/11/12 at 7:54pm

The creatives were smart casting nobodies in the first place. Rannells and Gad are no Lane and Broderick, or even Menzel and Cheno (yet).
Very few care who the leads are in this show. Ka-ching.

BWJohnson
#15Nikki M James already left/leaving this week?
Posted: 6/16/12 at 12:02am

Has anyone seen Samantha Ware as Nabulungi? Thoughts? I'm excited to see the show with this cast in two weeks!

LizzieCurry
#16Nikki M James already left/leaving this week?
Posted: 6/16/12 at 12:13am

I'm hoping to do standing room while she's here, but I haven't yet.

Here's a nice story on her from her hometown!

http://journalstar.com/entertainment/arts-and-culture/theatre/lincoln-woman-to-make-her-broadway-debut-in-mormon/article_be9f80b8-c4fa-5bb8-aff3-e058cf92cc15.html

Updated On: 6/16/12 at 12:13 AM

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#17Nikki M James already left/leaving this week?
Posted: 6/16/12 at 12:29am

Ware didn't perform on Tues. or Wed. I guess she wasn't ready as Allison Semmes went on as Nabalungi(per Broadway Understudies on facebook).

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

rjm516
#18Nikki M James already left/leaving this week?
Posted: 6/16/12 at 3:48pm

It's so infuriating that they released that flimsy press release when they have absolutely no need to boost ticket sales, and when the vast majority of the audience has no clue or care who the actors are.

justoldbill Profile Photo
justoldbill
#19Nikki M James already left/leaving this week?
Posted: 6/17/12 at 10:32pm

The actors care who they are, and the show's producers have an obligation to notify the public of any current casting changes (a little thing called Equity). These things need to be done if you care or not.

Well-well-well-what-do-you-think-of-that-I-have-nothing-here-to-pay-my-train-fare-with-only-large-bills-fives-and-sevens....

Videos