pixeltracker

Chick-Fil-A is "Guilty as charged!" - Page 9

Chick-Fil-A is "Guilty as charged!"

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
romantico Profile Photo
romantico
#201Chick-Fil-A is introducing a new sandwich!
Posted: 7/31/12 at 7:28am

More on their latest troubles.

http://www.fox5sandiego.com/news/kswb-4-women-claim-they-were-sexually-harassed-at-chickfila-20120105,0,2055463.story

'There are three sides to every story. My side, your side, and the truth. And no one is lying. Memories shared serve each one differently' -Robert Evans-

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#202Chick-Fil-A is introducing a new sandwich!
Posted: 7/31/12 at 10:57am

Don Perry, Vice President of Public Relations for Chick-fil-A responded, "Since this matter is a legal situation, we are not in a position to comment at this point."

Sure... But you ARE in a position to comment on gay marriage?

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

Jordan Catalano
#203Chick-Fil-A is introducing a new sandwich!
Posted: 7/31/12 at 10:59am

Jesus gave him the go ahead on that one.

romantico Profile Photo
romantico
#204Chick-Fil-A is introducing a new sandwich!
Posted: 7/31/12 at 11:36am

Everyday its a negative news story from this company. When are their shareholders going to start speaking up?

Berenstain Bears Flip Off Chick-Fil-A

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/07/30/13037988-berenstain-bears-try-to-keep-distance-from-chick-fil-a?lite

Chick-Fil-A is introducing a  new sandwich!

'There are three sides to every story. My side, your side, and the truth. And no one is lying. Memories shared serve each one differently' -Robert Evans-
Updated On: 7/31/12 at 11:36 AM

Calvin Profile Photo
Calvin
#205Chick-Fil-A is introducing a new sandwich!
Posted: 7/31/12 at 4:45pm

In response, Schnipper's is now donating a dollar to Marriage Equality USA for every chicken sandwich purchased -- it's a great spot to grab a quick bite before seeing a show!
Schnipper's

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#206Chick-Fil-A is introducing a new sandwich!
Posted: 7/31/12 at 5:07pm

...Schnipper's is damn good.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Jordan Catalano
#207Chick-Fil-A is introducing a new sandwich!
Posted: 7/31/12 at 10:34pm

I spent the better part of the day fighting with bigoted "friends" of a close friend from down south. I'm exhausted. This fvcking chicken place has really brought out people's true colors, as my friend said before she deleted these two people (one her sister in law another a friend from her church) from her Facebook page.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#208Chick-Fil-A is introducing a new sandwich!
Posted: 7/31/12 at 10:39pm

I still think part of the problem is that it's still being framed like Dan Cathy has been punished for exercising his freedom of speech. And you know, maybe it is, but I've known for years where Chik Fil A's money goes, so Cathy's statement didn't really change anything for me. Well, and the fact that I don't eat chicken means it REALLY doesn't change anything for me, but still.

Reginald Tresilian Profile Photo
Reginald Tresilian
#209Chick-Fil-A is introducing a new sandwich!
Posted: 8/1/12 at 8:25am

I think that's exactly right, Phyl. I see lots of "Good for him for basing his business on his Christian beliefs." And I don't think it's examined much beyond that.

So I've been pointing out that the organizations he supports have no real interest in "protecting" anyone's marriage. They in fact work to keep gay American citizens from living their lives. They work to ensure that gay Americans can't adopt the children who so desperately need them. They work to make sure that gay Americans die alone because their partners can't go into the hospital room. They work to ensure that when that person dies, the loved one is kept from the funeral. They work in the hopes of turning the surviving partner out of their home.

I've actually gotten some good responses.

MrMidwest Profile Photo
MrMidwest
#210Chick-Fil-A is introducing a new sandwich!
Posted: 8/1/12 at 8:45am

http://www.towleroad.com/2012/08/wendys-franchises-post-signs-we-stand-with-chick-fil-a-photos.html

"The gods who nurse this universe think little of mortals' cares. They sit in crowds on exclusive clouds and laugh at our love affairs. I might have had a real romance if they'd given me a chance. I loved him, but he didn't love me. I wanted him, but he didn't want me. Then the gods had a spree and indulged in another whim. Now he loves me, but I don't love him." - Cole Porter

ErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
#211Chick-Fil-A is introducing a new sandwich!
Posted: 8/1/12 at 9:08am

Seems like that was a franchise in North Carolina. Wendy's corporate has responded and they are not pleased.
"On behalf of the entire Wendy’s organization, I would like to express our solidarity with all minorities, and our firm commitment to stand beside you as you fight for equality. I would condemn other fast food chains, whether it be their company President or their chicken-hating cows, who would not offer you the same respect."

*Edit*
Nevermind...it's fake!

Updated On: 8/1/12 at 09:08 AM

romantico Profile Photo
romantico
#212Chick-Fil-A is introducing a new sandwich!
Posted: 8/1/12 at 10:00am

Well, this should be interesting.

http://www.lgbtqnation.com/2012/08/chick-fil-a-franchise-to-co-sponsor-new-hampshire-lgbt-pride-event/

Reginald Tresilian Profile Photo
Reginald Tresilian
SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#214Chick-Fil-A is introducing a new sandwich!
Posted: 8/1/12 at 11:02am

Is it wrong to pray for a samonella breakout today?

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#215Chick-Fil-A is introducing a new sandwich!
Posted: 8/1/12 at 11:10am

She does know that the First Amendment isn't really at play here, since the government has not tried to silence Dan Cathy, right?

"I'm speaking up for him and his 1st Amendment rights and anybody else who would wish to express their not anti-gay people sentiment, but their support of traditional marriage, which President Obama and Joe Biden, they both supported the exact same thing until just a few months ago, when Obama had to flip-flop to shore up the homosexual voter base," she said.

Except that even when Obama was pretending to be against same-sex marriage, he wasn't against recognition of same-sex unions. I want to get mad when the bigots try and pull the "but it's just like President Obama believes/used to believe" card, but it's really Obama's fault for being so craven in the first place.

Sarah Palin: Chick-Fil-A President Getting 'Crucified,' Boycott Has 'Chilling Effect' On First Amendment Updated On: 8/1/12 at 11:10 AM

#216Chick-Fil-A is introducing a new sandwich!
Posted: 8/1/12 at 11:28am

I read some crammed-with-BS essay from those idiots at GOPRoud (I am not linking it) that whined about how worrying about chicken makes us look petulant or fussy or some other cliched, self-hating stereotype.

This tempest in a Chicken Bucket has been nothing but good for us- people are talking about it EVERYWHERE. The Morons like Sarah Palin were always against us and will always be against us. Go eat your chicken sandwich.

It's made people think long and hard about this issue of equality. People who I never dreamed I'd ever have this discussion with are talking to me about Gay marriage and fried chicken.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#217Chick-Fil-A is introducing a new sandwich!
Posted: 8/1/12 at 11:49am

He had to "shore up" the homosexual voters?

Because we really weren't sure if we were gonna vote for him over Romney, right? I mean, Romney's sons sure are handsome.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Phyllis Rogers Stone
LifeisaMusical Profile Photo
LifeisaMusical
#219Chick-Fil-A is introducing a new sandwich!
Posted: 8/3/12 at 1:43pm

I've been hearing a lot of nasty things about "Christians" on this board but please remember not to generalize us. I'm a Christian and I'm pro-gay. Just here to remind everyone that not all Christians are anti-gay :)

ErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
#220Chick-Fil-A is introducing a new sandwich!
Posted: 8/3/12 at 1:53pm

Lifeisamusical...I agree with you. But the silent majority of Christians who don't feel this way need to get louder. And not just online but places where it counts...like church.

LifeisaMusical
#221Chick-Fil-A is introducing a new sandwich!
Posted: 8/3/12 at 2:03pm

I stand up to my homophobic friends and family so I hpe that makes a difference :)

SonofMammaMiaSam Profile Photo
SonofMammaMiaSam
#222Chick-Fil-A is introducing a new sandwich!
Posted: 8/3/12 at 2:07pm

Nah, we only hate the Chick-fil-A eating Christians.

Jordan Catalano
#223Chick-Fil-A is introducing a new sandwich!
Posted: 8/3/12 at 2:08pm

I had this conversation with a VERY Christian (and also very pro gay pro-using her brains) friend of mine I've known from down south since I was 6 years old. She was extremely upset that I was posting on Facebook so many bad things about Christians related to Chick-Fil-A and was telling me that they're not all like that.

I sent her a very long email basically saying that I was sorry that she was offended (I really was, I love her and her amazing Christian family more than anything) but told her that we can't seperate "good" Christians from "bad" Christians in this fight. Because it's "Christians" who are attacking us. If we want to fight back we have to fight back against "Christians" and unfortunately can't choose which ones are offended in this fight. She was very upset by that and said "So we just have to let ourselves be attacked" and I said "No. Not at all! You stand up. You stand up and say I AM NOT LIKE THOSE BIGOTS. I ACTUALLY BELIEVE IN JESUS AND WHAT HE SAID. I told her to say it as loud as she fvcking could to as many people as she could. I told her that we are not against Christianity, we are against oppression and hatred...just like she is. She called me and started crying and saying that she understands now but is so upset at how people have altered what she loves so much into something that's seen as so ugly. And I felt awful for her.

Updated On: 8/3/12 at 02:08 PM

LifeisaMusical
#224Chick-Fil-A is introducing a new sandwich!
Posted: 8/3/12 at 2:27pm

Your friend sounds like a great person :) I 100% agree. People are twisting what the bible says and turning it into hate against people who have every right to love whoever they want.

Videos