Closing Night of RENT

ClydeBarrow Profile Photo
ClydeBarrow
#1Closing Night of RENT
Posted: 9/10/12 at 12:09pm

Did anyone go? Was the show less horrible than a regular day? Was anyone of importance there or did they all decide to stay home and listen to the original cast recording?

"Pardon my prior Mcfee slip. I know how to spell her name. I just don't know how to type it." -Talulah

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#2Closing Night of RENT
Posted: 9/10/12 at 12:11pm

I was at the last matinee.

I really wish the production had been this good when it opened. While I never disliked it, all the heart and soul and passion on stage yesterday would've given it such better word of mouth and reviews in the beginning.

BTW, pictures of closing night... https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Photo-Coverage-Inside-Closing-Night-of-RENT-at-New-World-Stages-20120910

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

PlayItAgain
#2Closing Night of RENT
Posted: 9/10/12 at 2:27pm

I was at the evening show, it was pretty fantastic. Michael Grief was there as we're Larsons parents and several alumni, great energy and lots of applause all night

siny
#3Closing Night of RENT
Posted: 9/10/12 at 6:20pm

I was at the closing show. It was amazing. Had they only opened with that cast perhaps they would have lasted longer than they did.

divacb
#4Closing Night of RENT
Posted: 9/11/12 at 12:18am

Just to clerify, Mr. Grief was at the show alot, I only got to see act one, but Natalie actually ROCKED out tonight instead of butchering it. It helps that the audience gave an enormous applause when they came out.

#5Closing Night of RENT
Posted: 9/11/12 at 12:20am

Caught Saturday night...it was actually in decent form.

Videos