pixeltracker

Book of Mormon - Chicago Reviews- Page 2

Book of Mormon - Chicago Reviews

Smaxie Profile Photo
Smaxie
#25Book of Mormon - Chicago Reviews
Posted: 12/14/12 at 11:38pm

The Pope was never in Spooky Mormon Hell Dream, at any point in previews.

Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then stop.

Phantom4ever
#26Book of Mormon - Chicago Reviews
Posted: 12/14/12 at 11:43pm

I stand corrected then.

phan24 Profile Photo
phan24
#27Book of Mormon - Chicago Reviews
Posted: 12/18/12 at 3:12am

First publicized photo from the production. Platt looks awfully young, but if everyone is raving about him, he must be doing something right.

Book of Mormon - Chicago Reviews

phan24 Profile Photo
phan24
#28Book of Mormon - Chicago Reviews
Posted: 12/18/12 at 3:12am

DOUBLE POST Updated On: 12/18/12 at 03:12 AM

The Distinctive Baritone Profile Photo
The Distinctive Baritone
#29Book of Mormon - Chicago Reviews
Posted: 12/18/12 at 8:08am

Actually, Platt and Rouleau are the most age-appropriate actors to play the roles so far. The Mormons are supposed to be in their late teens.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#30Book of Mormon - Chicago Reviews
Posted: 12/18/12 at 8:35am

Yep! Platt's actually 19. I think he's the youngest cast member to ever be in the cast in any BoM production. Nic Rouleau and Matt Doyle are the same age (give or take a year).

Can't wait to see them!

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

Marlothom Profile Photo
Marlothom
#31Book of Mormon - Chicago Reviews
Posted: 12/22/12 at 12:56pm

I saw this last night - having see the OBC last year, I had been very reluctant to spend top $ to see this show again with a replacement cast in NYC, let alone a touring company. Boy was I pleasantly surprised.

Long story short - Platt was a standout! I enjoyed him much more than Gad in NYC. I am not sure if Gad had those high notes. I was surprised to hear Platt belting some doozies and some of the runs he was doing were funny and impressive.

Mercado was also fantastic, particularly her comedic timing (I knew she could sing). I had seen her in Dreamgirls and thought she was fairly standard in that production.

Side note: the QB for the Chicago Bears and his wife/gf Kristen Cavaleri were a row in front of me so it was a little distracting. What a handsome couple.

"Observe how bravely I conceal this dreadful dreadful shame I feel."