TKTS or Rush

BornThisWay Profile Photo
BornThisWay
#1TKTS or Rush
Posted: 7/20/13 at 6:16pm

I'll be in New York in August and would love to get tickets to Once. I know Once has a rush and is listed quite frequently at the TKTS booths, according to their app. Do you think I'll get better seats if I utilize rush or TKTS? The rush seats aren't in any specific section right, they're just scattered throughout the yet to be sold theatre seats? Money isn't the biggest concern for me either.

ClydeBarrow Profile Photo
ClydeBarrow
#2TKTS or Rush
Posted: 7/20/13 at 6:26pm

If money isn't the biggest concern for you then why not just buy full-priced tickets?

"Pardon my prior Mcfee slip. I know how to spell her name. I just don't know how to type it." -Talulah

BornThisWay Profile Photo
BornThisWay
#2TKTS or Rush
Posted: 7/20/13 at 6:30pm

Haha I knew somebody was going to say that. Well $100+ is a big deal to me, however the difference between like a $30 or a $60 ticket is not the largest concern.

Rainbowhigh23
#3TKTS or Rush
Posted: 7/20/13 at 7:20pm

With TKTS you'd be paying more for the convenience of not having to wait in the rush line, but if you take your chances you may score a ticket for a ridiculously low price. I've been planning to use some Audience Rewards points for $54 Once tickets for next week, but the last set I got through them were in the back of orchestra. I lived but it wasn't what I expected.

There are threads you can search for that reveal where rush and TKTS tickets are located.

Check the Rush Report Updated On: 7/20/13 at 07:20 PM

FishermanBob Profile Photo
FishermanBob
#4TKTS or Rush
Posted: 7/20/13 at 7:55pm

You're not guaranteed a $60 ticket through TKTS either. Sometimes it's 50% off, just as if not more often, it's 30% or 40% off. Go on a night it's 30%, you're still going to pay about $100 - $105 for an orchestra seat including fees.

Updated On: 7/20/13 at 07:55 PM

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#5TKTS or Rush
Posted: 7/20/13 at 8:42pm

Totally off-topic, but what happened to discount codes? Prior to seeing Cinderella a couple of months ago, I hadn't been back to NYC for a show in over a year. I know it's summer, but I feel as if some discounts have gotten more restrictive over the past couple of years.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

getatme
#6TKTS or Rush
Posted: 7/21/13 at 1:40am

The Once rush tickets are a few partial view seats in the orchestra but are mostly comprised of the box seats. If you're looking for better seats, go to TKTS.

Videos