pixeltracker

Patina Miller Joins THE HUNGER GAMES: MOCKINGJAY PARTS 1 & 2

Patina Miller Joins THE HUNGER GAMES: MOCKINGJAY PARTS 1 & 2

jeffmiele
#1Patina Miller Joins THE HUNGER GAMES: MOCKINGJAY PARTS 1 & 2
Posted: 9/18/13 at 1:04pm

Just saw online that Patina Miller has joined the cast as Commander Paylor. Don't remember that character much from the book, probably because I read it so long ago, but it'll still be cool to see her on the big screen.

Updated On: 9/18/13 at 01:04 PM

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#2Patina Miller Joins THE HUNGER GAMES: MOCKINGJAY PARTS 1 & 2
Posted: 9/18/13 at 1:09pm

http://en.hungertimes.com/patina-miller-as-commander-paylor-in-mockingjay-parts-1-2/

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

bdn223 Profile Photo
bdn223
#2Patina Miller Joins THE HUNGER GAMES: MOCKINGJAY PARTS 1 & 2
Posted: 9/18/13 at 1:09pm

I guess she will then be leaving Pippin setime between now and January...now let the speculation on jer replacement begin.

Updated On: 9/18/13 at 01:09 PM

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#3Patina Miller Joins THE HUNGER GAMES: MOCKINGJAY PARTS 1 & 2
Posted: 9/18/13 at 1:26pm

Lily Rabe has also joined the cast! Exciting to have some Broadway talent in the films.

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#4Patina Miller Joins THE HUNGER GAMES: MOCKINGJAY PARTS 1 & 2
Posted: 9/18/13 at 1:35pm

I wish the Broadway talent didn't involve Lily Rabe, but very excited about Patina. It's cool she'll be in both films, at least judging from the announcement.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

oncemorewithfeeling2 Profile Photo
oncemorewithfeeling2
#5Patina Miller Joins THE HUNGER GAMES: MOCKINGJAY PARTS 1 & 2
Posted: 9/18/13 at 1:37pm

Good for her. It's definitely a supporting role and truly, not a large one, but she has some very emotional and critical scenes in the book. Like many broadway fans, I'll be disappointed to see her leave Pippin whenever that happens to be, but this is a great opportunity for her.

nasty_khakis
#6Patina Miller Joins THE HUNGER GAMES: MOCKINGJAY PARTS 1 & 2
Posted: 9/18/13 at 2:00pm

Based on how much of the part is left in the screenplay, it's definitely possible for her to just take a one month/six weeks leave of absence from Pippin. It just depends if she wants to come back and if the producers would let her.

MaddieBB12 Profile Photo
MaddieBB12
#7Patina Miller Joins THE HUNGER GAMES: MOCKINGJAY PARTS 1 & 2
Posted: 9/18/13 at 3:23pm

I'm literally crying. After the day I've had, coming home to this news is so wonderful. One of my favorite actresses in the film adaptations of one of my favorite series.

Considering it's her film debut, its a nice sized role (judging from the books).

And what a year for Patina! Opening Pippin, winning the Tony, getting engaged, being cast in one the biggest upcoming blockbusters. She must be having the time of her life.

Updated On: 9/18/13 at 03:23 PM

lxttech
#8Patina Miller Joins THE HUNGER GAMES: MOCKINGJAY PARTS 1 & 2
Posted: 9/18/13 at 3:23pm

"BroadwayWorld has confirmed with a PIPPIN representative that Miller will not be departing the Tony-winning revival to film the movie."

^That's in the article. So obviously she'll be out for a bit, but back.

Anyway, congrats for her!

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#9Patina Miller Joins THE HUNGER GAMES: MOCKINGJAY PARTS 1 & 2
Posted: 9/18/13 at 3:30pm

"I'm literally crying. After the day I've had, coming home to this news is so wonderful. One of my favorite actresses in the film adaptations of one of my favorite series."

Unless you're a close personal friend or family member, might I suggest getting a life?

Liza's Headband
#10Patina Miller Joins THE HUNGER GAMES: MOCKINGJAY PARTS 1 & 2
Posted: 9/18/13 at 3:37pm

Cue the crazies who will come on here to unnecessarily defend MaddieBB12 and those who will "ditto" Jordan's sentiments, myself included, in response.

ETA: I'm not crying but happy for Patina. Congrats, girl. Updated On: 9/18/13 at 03:37 PM

Jordan Catalano
#11Patina Miller Joins THE HUNGER GAMES: MOCKINGJAY PARTS 1 & 2
Posted: 9/18/13 at 3:49pm

I literally started crying when I read the reviews for the movie PRISONERS. They're such good actors they deserve to be in a good movie. And I literally bawled my eyes out when I read a Garfield comic from 1982. He was so cute eating lasagna and I was so happy he got some. And I literally started convulsing from crying so hard when I saw that Coke Zero was on sale since I like it so much.

Liza's Headband
#12Patina Miller Joins THE HUNGER GAMES: MOCKINGJAY PARTS 1 & 2
Posted: 9/18/13 at 5:04pm

Congratulations to your Garfield on eating the lasagna. If I remember correctly, he's your favorite cat and lasagna is your favorite food. So, I totally get the tears.

thespian geek Profile Photo
thespian geek
#13Patina Miller Joins THE HUNGER GAMES: MOCKINGJAY PARTS 1 & 2
Posted: 9/18/13 at 5:49pm

Yay for being a**holes to someone who is just really happy and proud of their favorite performer!

Blockhead24 Profile Photo
Blockhead24
Jordan Catalano
#15Patina Miller Joins THE HUNGER GAMES: MOCKINGJAY PARTS 1 & 2
Posted: 9/18/13 at 5:52pm

^wordx1,000,000,000,000,000!!!!!!

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#16Patina Miller Joins THE HUNGER GAMES: MOCKINGJAY PARTS 1 & 2
Posted: 9/18/13 at 6:01pm

Blockhead and Thespian Geek: True that, double true.

They are complete a$$holes. Just ignore them. They are swimming in hate and have no life, whatsoever. They insist they are better than everyone else because they joined the message board a million years ago, thinking they have some kind of seniority. They don't realize this isn't actually Broadway. It's adorable.

Yes, this is amazing news!! Love the books, love her, this is a magical day! Squeee!

Updated On: 9/18/13 at 06:01 PM

thespian geek Profile Photo
thespian geek
#17Patina Miller Joins THE HUNGER GAMES: MOCKINGJAY PARTS 1 & 2
Posted: 9/18/13 at 6:18pm

I've been around this board longer than both of them. I just wish some people didn't feel the need to rain on someone else's parade so much.

Jordan Catalano
#18Patina Miller Joins THE HUNGER GAMES: MOCKINGJAY PARTS 1 & 2
Posted: 9/18/13 at 6:22pm

^Amen to that, sister!

bwayboy22 Profile Photo
bwayboy22
#19Patina Miller Joins THE HUNGER GAMES: MOCKINGJAY PARTS 1 & 2
Posted: 9/18/13 at 7:58pm

I'm very happy for her. I really hope her star quality still shines through on the screen, she truly is an incredible talent and I hope we'll be seeing a lot more of her in the future

jwsel
#20Patina Miller Joins THE HUNGER GAMES: MOCKINGJAY PARTS 1 & 2
Posted: 9/19/13 at 12:18am

I'm thrilled for Patina, but I will break something if her shooting schedule means she isn't in the role when I'm in New York next month. I just got my Pippin tickets last week.

broadway86 Profile Photo
broadway86
#21Patina Miller Joins THE HUNGER GAMES: MOCKINGJAY PARTS 1 & 2
Posted: 9/19/13 at 9:45am

Yay for being a**holes to someone who is just really happy and proud of their favorite performer!

Seriously.