pixeltracker

Isn't The Good Wife great?- Page 5

Isn't The Good Wife great?

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#100Isn't The Good Wife great?
Posted: 5/4/15 at 3:14pm

Has it been confirmed next season is the last? I've heard that from a few different places, but I've yet to see an official source. 

I realized also the show started going downhill around the time that Marguiles became an executive producer, and we started getting these vanity episodes. The show was much more interesting when it was more ensemble based. 

Updated On: 5/4/15 at 03:14 PM

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#101Isn't The Good Wife great?
Posted: 5/4/15 at 3:53pm

Does Julianna Margulies hate the guy who plays her son like she hates Archie Punjabi?  All the talk is focused on how Alicia and Kalinda haven't had a scene together in years, but I can't remember the last time she and Zach were in the same room, either.  

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#102Isn't The Good Wife great?
Posted: 5/4/15 at 3:55pm

Mary Beth Peil told me at the VISIT stage door that next season will be the shows last season, so I'm taking that as confirmation enough. 

And last night when there was that 1.5 second clip of Julianna & Archie together at the bar, I kind of gasped and wondered how much real alcohol they had both just had in order to do that. lol

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#103Isn't The Good Wife great?
Posted: 5/4/15 at 4:45pm

Has there ever been anything written about why they hate each other? 

Regarding Zach, I just assumed the actor who played him was unavailable and it was very easy for them to ship him off to college. 

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#104Isn't The Good Wife great?
Posted: 5/4/15 at 4:49pm

And last night when there was that 1.5 second clip of Julianna & Archie together at the bar, I kind of gasped and wondered how much real alcohol they had both just had in order to do that.

I figured that was some kind of trickery or an old shot they reused, since the entire scene itself was just cut back and forth between them.  When they first showed Alicia sitting on the left side of the frame I thought maybe there were gonna do a Parent Trap-type split screen to get them both in the same frame.  

Updated On: 5/4/15 at 04:49 PM

Jordan Catalano
#105Isn't The Good Wife great?
Posted: 5/4/15 at 4:57pm

No, if you watch it you can see theyte both in the same shot. But man, is it short. 

LarryD2
#106Isn't The Good Wife great?
Posted: 5/4/15 at 5:30pm

According to this article, Panjabi is returning for the season finale to give the character--and her relationship with Alicia--closure.

Graham Phillips has been attending college at Princeton the last couple of years, which is why Zach's role has diminished over the last few seasons by sending him away to Georgetown--though on the show, Alicia and Zach have a falling out when Alicia discovers that Zach pressured his ex-girlfriend into having an abortion, which explains their lack of communication.

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#107Isn't The Good Wife great?
Posted: 5/4/15 at 5:42pm

I thought the "feud" was all fan-fueled rumors that stemmed from a Marguiles interview where she spoke about the characters but fans believed (or wanted to believe) she was speaking about the actors.  There's all sorts of weird speculation about it that seems to be for sport.  One of the most fun is that Marguiles (the actress) is closeted and tried to have Punjabi (the actress) fired because she's jealous that Kalinda (the character) is openly bi and was fooling around with Lana (the character).  Perhaps that makes more sense than the characters not appearing together because Alicia's not over being mad at Kalinda?  Is it even worth speculating about?

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#108Isn't The Good Wife great?
Posted: 5/4/15 at 6:34pm

"I thought the "feud" was all fan-fueled rumors that stemmed from a Marguiles interview where she spoke about the characters but fans believed (or wanted to believe) she was speaking about the actors.  There's all sorts of weird speculation about it that seems to be for sport.  One of the most fun is that Marguiles (the actress) is closeted and tried to have Punjabi (the actress) fired because she's jealous that Kalinda (the character) is openly bi and was fooling around with Lana (the character).  Perhaps that makes more sense than the characters not appearing together because Alicia's not over being mad at Kalinda?  Is it even worth speculating about?"

The fan theories are cuckoo, but what isn't cuckoo is the fact that they haven't shared a scene together in 2.5 seasons. While Alicia may still hate Kalinda, they've worked on cases together in the past 2.5 seasons, and the fact they never conferenced in person at the office is odd.

Also, numerous websites are reporting that they were not in the scene together last night. 

Updated On: 5/4/15 at 06:34 PM

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#109Isn't The Good Wife great?
Posted: 5/4/15 at 7:02pm

I still don't think it's that weird.  Why do they have to share a scene together?  Was there something that happened that compels them to share the same space at the same time?  Must they communicate even in the briefest of non-conversations face-to-face to satiate viewers in a way that most viewers wouldn't do themselves with someone they dislike?  I wouldn't have noticed this was a thing myself if I hadn't seen it mentioned in this thread today.  Whether this is motivated by the actors, the characters, or the publicity team, it really seems like a mountain/molehill thing.  Hopefully, the show will find some way to end in dignity and fans can stop fretting over which actors or characters have stopped occupying the same space at the same time.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#110Isn't The Good Wife great?
Posted: 5/4/15 at 8:18pm

I think most people would agree it's empirically weird that they haven't had a scene together in a long time.   It's not like there's a plot line about Alicia refusing to speak with or deal with Kalinda, since they've showed them on the phone with one another.

Also, if it is a character thing, that doesn't explain why they weren't in the room for the flashback scene that took place before their characters had conflict. 

Updated On: 5/4/15 at 08:18 PM

Jay Lerner-Z Profile Photo
Jay Lerner-Z
#111Isn't The Good Wife great?
Posted: 5/4/15 at 8:35pm

It could just be schedule thing. Archie Panjabi was appearing in The Fall, and also recently did some other BBC crime procedural called "Shetland" in the UK...maybe she filmed a bunch of scenes out of sequence on her own or works at odd hours.

Beyoncé is not an ally. Actions speak louder than words, Mrs. Carter. #Dubai #$$$

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#112Isn't The Good Wife great?
Posted: 5/11/15 at 12:02pm

Was Alicia and Kalinda's Final Scene a Split-Screen?

I thought it was!  They thought so on EW Radio, too!

Jay Lerner-Z Profile Photo
Jay Lerner-Z
#113Isn't The Good Wife great?
Posted: 5/11/15 at 7:32pm

Definitey split-screen. There has to be a logistical reason other than supposed animosity.

Beyoncé is not an ally. Actions speak louder than words, Mrs. Carter. #Dubai #$$$
Updated On: 5/11/15 at 07:32 PM

Huss417 Profile Photo
Huss417
#114Isn't The Good Wife great?
Posted: 5/11/15 at 8:50pm

Just finished watching it and thought the same thing before coming here. It was a split screen. Bizarre.

"I hope your Fanny is bigger than my Peter." Mary Martin to Ezio Pinza opening night of Fanny.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#115Isn't The Good Wife great?
Posted: 5/11/15 at 10:18pm

Inside the Conspiracy

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#116Isn't The Good Wife great?
Posted: 5/15/15 at 7:41pm

Confirmed

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#117Isn't The Good Wife great?
Posted: 8/19/15 at 12:26pm

We are certainly never ever hoping to hurt the fans’ feelings or make them feel like that trust has been broken. But we’re making the show every day using tricks, like if you’re in a car and there’s green screen and it looks like Chicago out the window but that’s not exactly where we are. That’s an every day, run-of-the-mill thing on the show.

Updated On: 8/19/15 at 12:26 PM

Jordan Catalano
#118Isn't The Good Wife great?
Posted: 8/19/15 at 1:52pm

There are so many "that's bullsh*t" quotes from that interview, it's ridiculous. 

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#119Isn't The Good Wife great?
Posted: 8/19/15 at 2:23pm

Next season every character will be filmed individually.  It's just what they do on tv!

Jordan Catalano
#120Isn't The Good Wife great?
Posted: 8/19/15 at 2:57pm

It's just how it's done! DUH! 

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#121Isn't The Good Wife great?
Posted: 8/19/15 at 3:35pm

Next year Peter is gonna run against Hillary Clinton.  Truth. 

Jordan Catalano
#122Isn't The Good Wife great?
Posted: 8/19/15 at 4:05pm

And it'll turn out that Peter has been Al Gore all along. 

#deception

sabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
#123Isn't The Good Wife great?
Posted: 8/21/15 at 9:56pm

SO Micheal J Fox will become Jimmy Carter?

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#124Isn't The Good Wife great?
Posted: 10/5/15 at 11:56am

It was a good premiere, I thought.  

Also, Juliana would like you to know that there was no feud (although Archie seems to see things differently)