Best seates for Newsies?

chinwan
#1Best seates for Newsies?
Posted: 10/30/13 at 4:38pm

My girlfriend has been dieing to go. I want to surprise her with tickets. I have never been to a Broadway show. Any tips as to what seats are good and where to buy them?

onedaymore Profile Photo
onedaymore
#2Best seates for Newsies?
Posted: 10/30/13 at 4:53pm

It's a smaller theatre, so you'll have a good view no matter how far back you sit. The only thing I would say is stay away from the sides- even though they're probably cheaper (some even being lottery seats), the view is obstructed. The first time I saw it, I won the lotto ($30-they draw your name a half hr before the show) and the view was awful. But I saw it again in the balcony and it was great. Got a good view of the entire thing.

Whoever says money can't buy happiness simply didn't know where to shop. - Bo Derek

chinwan
#2Best seates for Newsies?
Posted: 10/30/13 at 4:55pm

Is the Orchestra better then the Mezzanine?

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#3Best seates for Newsies?
Posted: 10/30/13 at 4:55pm

I'd definitely recommend the mezzanine for NEWSIES. The set is towering, and you really get a great stage picture from the mid-front mezz.

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#4Best seates for Newsies?
Posted: 10/30/13 at 4:58pm

For Newsies, the best place to sit is definitely the mezzanine. You can use the discount code on BroadwayBox (link pasted below). Whatever you do, don't get tickets in the rear of the orchestra. If you do, you'll miss part of the action on stage, whatever takes place up high. I sat in Row L in the orchestra and it was fine, but anything farther back is likely to be obstructed.

http://www.broadwaybox.com/shows/newsies_nyc_tickets.aspx

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#5Best seates for Newsies?
Posted: 10/30/13 at 5:01pm

The set is very tall, and a lot of action is on the second level of it. The very best seats are center Mezzanine Row A. They are expensive but it's totally worth it. Enjoy your first Broadway show, how exciting for you!

chinwan
#6Best seates for Newsies?
Posted: 10/30/13 at 5:02pm

Thank you for all the tips. Does it ruin things that much to be right by the aisle on the left or right side of the center in the mezzanine?

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#7Best seates for Newsies?
Posted: 10/30/13 at 5:12pm

No, not right on the aisle. Just don't go too far left or right.

chinwan
#8Best seates for Newsies?
Posted: 10/30/13 at 6:04pm

Is row GG any good? Or how about the center by JJ? What is in that blocked out area?

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#9Best seates for Newsies?
Posted: 10/30/13 at 6:19pm

GG should be fine. The soundboard is probably in the blacked-out area. Try to get a couple of seats away.