pixeltracker

RIchard III and 12th Night In a Day

RIchard III and 12th Night In a Day

Noel&Cole
#1RIchard III and 12th Night In a Day
Posted: 10/31/13 at 1:03pm

I am not a huge Shakespeare buff. I respect it but it's not my ideal type of theatre. However, I am an avid theatre goer. as a result I feel like I need to see the Globe Shakespeare productions. I do feel they are a unique event that I should see.

My question for this post is... who has seen them both in one day? Do you think seeing them back to back is to much to handle? Or does it actually add to the "event" of it. Just thought I'd see what the opinion on the board is. Thanks!

Updated On: 10/31/13 at 01:03 PM

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#2RIchard III and 12th Night In a Day
Posted: 10/31/13 at 1:55pm

I haven't seen them together, and I haven't seen Richard III yet. But I think seeing both in a day would be fine. I would insist on seeing Twelfth Night second, though, just to end the day on a happy note. I haven't looked at the schedule, so I don't know if this is possible.

givesmevoice Profile Photo
givesmevoice
#2RIchard III and 12th Night In a Day
Posted: 10/31/13 at 2:38pm

^ it is, and it's what a friend and I are doing on Saturday, December 28.

When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad

oasisjeff
#3RIchard III and 12th Night In a Day
Posted: 11/1/13 at 12:43am

I just saw Twelfth Night tonight with stage seating, and I would not do two stage seatings in one day, sitting on wooden benches with no back support. But, from a proper seat, it sounds like quite a beautiful day.

I did like the stage seating, and highly recommend it, but it did remind me how much i appreciate the back on chairs. RIchard III and 12th Night In a Day

Now t/d/b/a haterobics on here.

Plum
#4RIchard III and 12th Night In a Day
Posted: 11/1/13 at 6:16am

I'm doing this combo tomorrow - two-show days are very doable, especially when one of them is a comedy.

loliveve Profile Photo
loliveve
#5RIchard III and 12th Night In a Day
Posted: 11/1/13 at 2:31pm

I saw them both in the same day with the $25 balcony seats. Other than having a tired back, it was great :) I have to admit, I too have never been a huge Shakespear buff, but I thoroughly enjoyed the shows.

yfs
#6RIchard III and 12th Night In a Day
Posted: 11/1/13 at 9:51pm

I saw them both on the same day in London from a good orchestra seat. It was mind-blowing and about as much fun as I've ever had in the theater. And I have bad knees and all the rest of the usual complaints of someone in his 60s. But it was a brilliant, memorable day and night in the theater and I can't recommend it highly enough.

loliveve Profile Photo
loliveve
#7RIchard III and 12th Night In a Day
Posted: 11/2/13 at 1:43am

^ I agree! Seeing both shows truly opened my eyes to how wonderful Shakespeare can be. I knew I would love TWELFTH NIGHT because it was one of my favorites that I read in class, but was so very pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed RICHARD III.

Wee Thomas2 Profile Photo
Wee Thomas2
#8RIchard III and 12th Night In a Day
Posted: 11/5/13 at 9:41am

Saw them both this past Saturday (Richard was first). Plenty of time in between to unwind and think it over and then head back for the comedy.

Rylance even stage doors in between, then headed off on a folding bicycle for a ride in between shows.

Patash Profile Photo
Patash
#9RIchard III and 12th Night In a Day
Posted: 11/5/13 at 12:39pm

Wow. Riding a bicycle in theatre traffic after a matinee? Wonder who pays his insurance?

Wee Thomas2 Profile Photo
Wee Thomas2
#10RIchard III and 12th Night In a Day
Posted: 11/5/13 at 3:22pm

talking with folks in the theater, it seemed like many more did 12th Night on Friday night, then Richard III on Saturday, instead of doing the one day doubleheader like we did.