GREAT COMET... -- Questions

LimelightMike Profile Photo
LimelightMike
#1GREAT COMET... -- Questions
Posted: 1/3/14 at 5:31pm

Hey, all!

Hap-Hap-Happy New Year!

So, I'm in the midst of opening ONCE ON THIS ISLAND two weeks from tonight, and admittedly, haven't been paying much attention to the comings-and-goings of the Great White Way, and other surrounding locales. As many know, I have yet to witness NATASHA, PIERRE, AND THE GREAT COMET OF 1812, and upon my search on Telecharge, eyeing to go to the 'final performance' on 1/19, I now cite that tix are on-sale thru 2/2. Has there been an official announcement as to this apparent extension?

As a follow-up: Are 'Premium' seats worth the pricetag? Is there a difference between premium and prime seating? I keep hearing it's Gen. Admission, so how would people know *where* to sit given their specific 'zone'? Any and all insight appreciated.

Best wishes & blessings,
- M GREAT COMET... -- Questions

Updated On: 1/3/14 at 05:31 PM

bwayboy22 Profile Photo
bwayboy22
#2GREAT COMET... -- Questions
Posted: 1/3/14 at 6:18pm

I dont know about an extension, but about seating the 2 House Managers seat you as you come. I loved the general seating, but if you dont like having to move around in your seat to catch all the action (which in my opinion is part of the experience) than the premium seats are what you want.

LimelightMike
#2GREAT COMET... -- Questions
Posted: 1/3/14 at 11:29pm

Thanks for that!

Oh, so the seating *IS* designated by what 'zone' you purchased? That's great to hear, so it's not just a free-for-all... Smart.

Anyone else with any further, perhaps more detailed perspective?

getatme
#3GREAT COMET... -- Questions
Posted: 1/3/14 at 11:38pm

As far as I know, seating is largely NOT distinguished by what price level you purchase. Aside from the rush seats which are frequently at the outer bar, I've been told by several people that regardless of premium/regular price, you're seated on a first come, first serve basis.

LimelightMike
#4GREAT COMET... -- Questions
Posted: 1/5/14 at 10:51pm

Bumpin' ain't easy! :P

stevenycguy
#5GREAT COMET... -- Questions
Posted: 1/6/14 at 12:00am

I actually preferred the "cheaper" seats in the back so that I would not have to constantly turn my head around, since performers are on all sides of you if you're in the center premium section. If you're in a far corner against the wall, you only need to look straight ahead without turning your head. The whole room is extremely intimate and only seats approximately 100 people, so any seat feels like an "orchestra level" seat.

oh-bwayhereicome Profile Photo
oh-bwayhereicome
#6GREAT COMET... -- Questions
Posted: 1/6/14 at 1:20am

I purchased general seating and received bar seats right in the center of the room. I also arrived about 20-30 mins before the show started. These seats put me right in the middle of the action with the actors constantly coming to the center. My seat was right next to the stairs of the platform, so actors talked to me, sat next to me, and even had me hand a love letter to Natasha herself! At one point, the guitar player handed me their instrument and then the women playing Marya D ran over and grabbed it from me. So even the cheap seats get the experience that Premium seats get. But arrive early to get the best of general seating.

LimelightMike
#7GREAT COMET... -- Questions
Posted: 1/6/14 at 2:03am

All of this wonderful feedback is MUCH appreciated!

How does the dining portion of the production work?
Is it for both matinees and evenings?

oh-bwayhereicome Profile Photo
oh-bwayhereicome
#8GREAT COMET... -- Questions
Posted: 1/6/14 at 3:15am

Some food is included with the ticket (yet I've heard possibly not for rush tickets). You get water, some borscht is passed around before the show, then the actors come in and deliver a potato perogi to each audience member. At intermission, they serve small cookies/scones. All other food and beverage is extremely overpriced (a la carte meals run from $15-$25 and a bottle of beer is $8 with cocktails and wine being even more outrageously priced). I went to a matinee performance, so the menu might change in price and choice. But i believe all this is done for both.

LimelightMike
#9GREAT COMET... -- Questions
Posted: 1/6/14 at 3:21am

Sounds good, sounds good.

What exactly *is* the difference between premium and prime seating 'experience' vs. the general admission? Is there "more interaction", better service, etc.? Haha. Either way, it seems like quite the excursion!

As a follow-up: Nobody's heard any "official" word about the extension, right? Telecharge still cites sales thru February 2.

I'm sorry to be so damn inquisitive, haha.

#1Elphie Profile Photo
#1Elphie
#10GREAT COMET... -- Questions
Posted: 1/6/14 at 7:21pm

I rushed the show and I'm pretty sure we received the same food that everyone else got (we got borscht, perogis, and scones). We were seated at a booth that was on the upper level, and the view was perfect (and there was plenty of cast interaction). I couldn't tell the difference between rush/premium/prime/general seating.

LimelightMike
#11GREAT COMET... -- Questions
Posted: 1/7/14 at 2:13am

Awesome, awesome.

What time would you guys suggest to get to Kazino, in general?

Due to the 'first come, first seated' thing, I figure the earlier, the better? When does the house officially open: An hour prior?

willep
#12GREAT COMET... -- Questions
Posted: 1/7/14 at 2:28am

No, not that early. When I went (it was a Wednesday night) the house opened 20 or 30 minutes before the show, I forget which it was. I think I got there an hour before and was the only person in line for most of the wait.

Dangerous Jade
#13GREAT COMET... -- Questions
Posted: 1/10/14 at 12:35pm

How is the afternoon tea with the matinee?