KYLIE 2014-15 : The Kiss Me Once Era- Page 4

KYLIE 2014-15 : The Kiss Me Once Era

Jay Lerner-Z Profile Photo
Jay Lerner-Z
#75KYLIE 2014-15 : The Kiss Me Once Era
Posted: 3/20/14 at 2:26pm

I am loving this album.

Thus concludes my in-depth review.

Beyoncé is not an ally. Actions speak louder than words, Mrs. Carter. #Dubai #$$$

EricMontreal22 Profile Photo
EricMontreal22
#76KYLIE 2014-15 : The Kiss Me Once Era
Posted: 3/20/14 at 5:51pm

Vera, that's hysterical. Kylie (and her go-to designer/director William Baker who, of course, was also responsible for the awful Rent Remixed but I've liked much of what he's done with Kylie since 1994) certainly do know their audience. I know others will disagree, but I do kinda like that Kylie plays up the gay men/skin thing and yet never really seems to pander the way some other pop stars do. It's also interesting how, when I was in the UK and saw her, there were a LOT of straight guys (with their girls, of course) but all the gay stuff barely seems to register--perhaps more because camp is more pervasive there--if I heard anything from them it was just how hot she was.

Horsey, thanks for the link! I didn't realize the site was up! For some reason the videos won't play on my current comp, so I'll have to try them later.

I've really grown into the album. I will admit that I can see why someone might find it generic... It's a pretty safe album and there's nothing that immediately got my attention the way, say, In My Arms did. It just sounds like Kylie--which I like (and was worried it wouldn't) which is why I don't get the more negative reviews who complain that she's doing Rhianna stuff...

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#77KYLIE 2014-15 : The Kiss Me Once Era
Posted: 3/20/14 at 11:28pm

She certainly does know her audience. As much as I would love to one day catch her massive European stadium shows, I don't think the N. American crowds can be beat. They may be 1/8 or 1/10th the size of her stadium shows, but they make up for it in wild enthusiasm. I imagine that the European stadium crowds have a lot more casual fans.

EricMontreal22
#78KYLIE 2014-15 : The Kiss Me Once Era
Posted: 3/21/14 at 1:17am

Oh I agree. I paid far less for her two North American shows in SF and due to being GA on the floor I was up front (and even got to *faints* have her sing a verse to me and hold my hand*) so it's hard to beat.

(OK it was more like three lines, not a verse, but...)

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#79KYLIE 2014-15 : The Kiss Me Once Era
Posted: 3/21/14 at 1:35am

ERIC LUPONE MONTREAL: How have you waited until now to tell us that you held Kylie Minogue's hand????

EricMontreal22
#80KYLIE 2014-15 : The Kiss Me Once Era
Posted: 3/21/14 at 2:59am

HA! I think it's one of those things that, after a few drinks (oh who am I kidding, after a sip of wine) I tell anyone I know that at this point I just assume it's common knowledge. It's actually kinda embarrassing--it was near the end of the last tour (the final section before the encore--If You Don't Love Me, which is one of my fave b-sides) and I was kinda dehydrated anyway and it was *hot* there--my friends were worried I was going to faint after, and I felt I would :P

VeraCharles3 Profile Photo
VeraCharles3
#81KYLIE 2014-15 : The Kiss Me Once Era
Posted: 3/21/14 at 4:55am

Eric!!!!! OMG!!!!!! You held hands with Kylie and she sang to you!!!!!

Apologies for all the exclamation marks but I think that is SO exciting.

How nonchalant of you to wait till page 3 of this thread before you casually drop that one.

Fabulous!

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#82KYLIE 2014-15 : The Kiss Me Once Era
Posted: 3/21/14 at 8:38am

That's amazing, Eric. No touching at the Hollywood Bowl, of course. So Kylie was interviewed on BBC4 and it was much better than the usual drivel she gets asked. It's more of a behind-the-scenes interview in which she discusses working with RocNation and where she is in her career. Of course, there are questions about her age, though, which she handles forcefully, but with grace. It's the first 15 mins or so of this program, so you don't have to scroll ahead.

KYLIE INTERVIEW ON BBC RADIO 4

Borstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
#83KYLIE 2014-15 : The Kiss Me Once Era
Posted: 3/25/14 at 10:31am

Some whimsical Kylie photos

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” ~ Muhammad Ali

EricMontreal22
#84KYLIE 2014-15 : The Kiss Me Once Era
Posted: 4/3/14 at 11:30pm

The making of the Sexcercise video http://noisey.vice.com/blog/behind-the-lens-with-will-davidson---director-of-kylies-sexercize-video?utm_source=noiseyfbanz

Apparently I Was Gonna Cancel will be the official second single.

Jay Lerner-Z Profile Photo
Jay Lerner-Z
#85KYLIE 2014-15 : The Kiss Me Once Era
Posted: 4/4/14 at 8:19pm

...and here's her appearance (in full) on Graham Norton's TV show!

Full episode (youtube)

Beyoncé is not an ally. Actions speak louder than words, Mrs. Carter. #Dubai #$$$
Updated On: 4/4/14 at 08:19 PM

EricMontreal22
#86KYLIE 2014-15 : The Kiss Me Once Era
Posted: 4/4/14 at 10:46pm

Amazing!

HorseTears--could you send me a PM (since my account is not allowed to send them, unless received...)

EricMontreal22
#87KYLIE 2014-15 : The Kiss Me Once Era
Posted: 4/22/14 at 6:59pm

Kylie is releasing a bonus track, Crystallize for a Cancer charity album http://www.idolator.com/7515065/kylie-minogue-crystallize-preview

And released a b-side for Record Store Day which I got a cool 7" vinyl of (the song is very much bside material...) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hz1xzsKOqPA

EricMontreal22
HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#89KYLIE 2014-15 : The Kiss Me Once Era
Posted: 4/29/14 at 1:57am

Yeaaaahhhhhhh.

Well. That was unfortunate.

EricMontreal22
#90KYLIE 2014-15 : The Kiss Me Once Era
Posted: 4/29/14 at 4:41am

Yeah, I hope they change the concept for future performances....

Borstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
#91KYLIE 2014-15 : The Kiss Me Once Era
Posted: 4/29/14 at 6:03pm

Kylie is NOT NORMCORE!!

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” ~ Muhammad Ali

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#92KYLIE 2014-15 : The Kiss Me Once Era
Posted: 4/29/14 at 8:08pm

I think the album is OK but pretty generic, i have always had a soft spot for Kylie but she very rarely takes chances and if she does and doesn't get to number one in the charts here in the UK she runs screaming back to bubble gum pop and dance. I ADORED the Impossible Princess album and really enjoyed her lyrics, the album was daring, exciting and fresh, but because some didn't embrace it she ran away flung on some hot pants ans did Spinning Around after she had spent ages saying she was bored of pop and dance.

I will always have a soft spot for her though (ive met her and she is lovely) and i'm going to watch the tour here in Manchester.

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

EricMontreal22
#93KYLIE 2014-15 : The Kiss Me Once Era
Posted: 4/29/14 at 8:53pm

"Kylie is NOT NORMCORE!!"

Is that a real term? Cuz I kinda love it...

And exactly. I sorta appreciate the concept, I sorta even like all the "normal" people of different ages and backgrounds--in a way it reminded me of the Come Into My World video except that one was executed wonderfully--this, live, just kinda looked like a mess. I do have a feeling the just filmed video is based on the same concept, so we'll see... meh.

I love Impossible Princess--most fans do. But I think it's not just Kylie being scared off (and it did sell well in Australia, for what it's worth.) I do think her return to dance/pop was calculated but I also think she genuinely enjoys being the "showgirl" and she just had to get "indie Kylie" out of her system. Some of her dance pop IS relatively daring in an extremely commercial way--stuff like being one of the first pop stars to work with the now ubiquitous Calvin Harris (on "In My Arms") etc. On the current album there are definitely tracks, like Les Sex, that only Kylie could pull off the way she does. So I understand some of the complaints (because trust me, Songanddance, as you probably know you're not the only fan who feels that way,) but I also don't think it's true that Kylie is chomping at the bit to write a batch of personal songs again.

Jungle Red Profile Photo
Jungle Red
#94KYLIE 2014-15 : The Kiss Me Once Era
Posted: 4/30/14 at 1:42am

The more I listen to this album, the more I love it. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. I think it'll make a great live show and I cannot wait to see it. She better come back to San Francisco. I'd prefer another venue, though. I don't like the Bill Graham Civic Auditorium.

AND ERIC!! You didn't tell me about the handholding either?! When was this? Was that the concert I was at?!

Put me on the list of "Impossible Princess" lovers.

EricMontreal22
#95KYLIE 2014-15 : The Kiss Me Once Era
Posted: 4/30/14 at 1:55pm

If it was the last tour (Les Folies) at Bill Graham in SF, then yes, yes it was KYLIE 2014-15 : The Kiss Me Once Era

I have no doubt that she'll end up in N America, and San Francisco again... Are there other similar size venues there?

Jungle Red Profile Photo
Jungle Red
#96KYLIE 2014-15 : The Kiss Me Once Era
Posted: 4/30/14 at 2:27pm

If she wants to keep with the theatrics, and she should, then Bill Graham is the only place to go. Unless they build a special stadium, like the Cirque shows, or the Peter Pan 360 show.

Personally, I'd love to see her at the Warfield. I saw Jewel there a few years ago, and even though I was in the nosebleeds, I still had fun.

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#97KYLIE 2014-15 : The Kiss Me Once Era
Posted: 5/8/14 at 11:28pm

So our gal redeemed herself with a much stronger performance of "I Was Gonna Cancel" on The Voice Italy. Which was then followed up with a performance of "Cant Get You Out of My Head" with a couple of nice ladies Kylie met at the mall and a nun, because, well, why not? One of the contestants on The Voice Italy is a nun. Ha.

Also, in case you can't keep up with the various iterations of this massive franchise, the judges on this season of The Voice Italy are Ted Nugent's Italian cousin; Cuban-American Spanish language talk show legend CRISTINA; a guy who sells discount electronics after the show; and a nice lady who works in The Voice Italy Canteen.

Updated On: 5/8/14 at 11:28 PM

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#98KYLIE 2014-15 : The Kiss Me Once Era
Posted: 5/16/14 at 2:11am

In case anyone missed the announcement, Kylie has retired from pop music and is now a BBC 1 Radio dj. Yesterday, she hosted "Innuendo Bingo" in which she made made Tony award winner Hugh Jackman and a lowly BBC employee spit mouthfulls of water all over each other.

Jungle Red Profile Photo
Jungle Red
#99KYLIE 2014-15 : The Kiss Me Once Era
Posted: 5/16/14 at 3:05am

I watched about 5 minutes and while Hugh and the other guy spitting water was funny, I didn't think the news was that funny.

What am I missing?