New DWTS Cast

bwaylyric Profile Photo
bwaylyric
#25New DWTS Cast
Posted: 3/17/14 at 11:08pm

First off, Erin Andrews is a better co-host than Brooke Burke. I cringed every time Brooke spoke.
Meryl Davis was so precise, it's very unfair. Totally underscored with those 8s.
Candace Cameron surprised me with that contemporary number.
The Aussie Bieber seems like a douche.
Billy Dee - yikes!

beautywickedlover
#26New DWTS Cast
Posted: 3/17/14 at 11:12pm

I thought it was an entertaining premiere and I enjoyed Erin Andrews as the co-host. After taking a break from reality TV I'm kind of glad to be watching it again.

Popular Profile Photo
Popular
#27New DWTS Cast
Posted: 3/18/14 at 3:48pm

They may as well award Meryl the trophy right now. Hoping to be surprised by others as the weeks go on.

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#28New DWTS Cast
Posted: 3/18/14 at 4:04pm

Meryl should have gotten 10's instead of 8's. Probably because she was on first, though.

<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES

beautywickedlover
#29New DWTS Cast
Posted: 4/10/14 at 8:03pm

I'm looking forward to the Disney theme next week. As for the guest judge, Meh.

Donny Osmond to Join DWTS Judges Panel; Couples to Dance to Disney's Frozen, Aladdin & More

Popular Profile Photo
Popular
#30New DWTS Cast
Posted: 4/10/14 at 9:28pm

If Meryl is not dancing to Aladdin I'm going to be highly disappointed at the lost opportunity to exploit her natural Princess Jasmine self! Honestly, this should be a no brainer!!

Updated On: 4/10/14 at 09:28 PM

beautywickedlover
#31New DWTS Cast
Posted: 4/15/14 at 9:57pm

Really entertaining last night since I of course love Disney. The elimination was a surprise.

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#32New DWTS Cast
Posted: 4/15/14 at 11:45pm

I caught it last night because other shows I was watching are over. The animation in was really distracting and took away from those dances. And it was ridiculous with Drew and Cheryl doing the Quickstep because other couples get harshly judged for breaking hold, and most are shorter amounts of time. It's like ABC told them they had to do that so they could add in animation.

"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates

beautywickedlover
#33New DWTS Cast
Posted: 4/25/14 at 6:44pm

I hope shell be okay... New DWTS Cast

Danica McKellar Breaks a Rib in DWTS Practice

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#34New DWTS Cast
Posted: 4/26/14 at 6:05am

How disappointing for her. I would imagine this would make WAY too much of the choreography painful.

Like them or not, thes people work hard for this show, and as a casual viewer, I'm always impressed with the improvement.

I've watched more this season than I think I ever had, and have been really impressed. I do wonder, however, how fair it is to have athletes -- they seem to have quite an advantage.

I also think its pretty awesome to see how very supportive they are of each other. It's nice to see that not all competitions/reality have to be nasty.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

beautywickedlover
#35New DWTS Cast
Posted: 4/29/14 at 6:05pm

I'm glad that Danica seems to be okay, but now I am worried about Amy. This program is without a doubt the most physically demanding live reality competition show.

madbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
#36New DWTS Cast
Posted: 5/13/14 at 9:04am

Can someone please explain how Candace Cameron has made it this far in the competition? I know it's a silly competition for a disco ball, but still, sending Charlie White home while she remains is confounding.

"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson

Popular Profile Photo
Popular
#37New DWTS Cast
Posted: 5/13/14 at 9:21am

Charlie had a great attitude and response to being cut. I was shocked too but Candace is definitely trying her best (and without the YEARS of training and polish the Olympians have) - it's unfair to compare them and she's holding her own against them. I don't think she has any delusions about being voted through because she's actually "better". As long as Amy wins I'm OK!!

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#38New DWTS Cast
Posted: 5/13/14 at 9:22am

And why is Meryl in jeopardy? And why can't Oprah take Amy to dinner even if she doesn't win?

madbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
#39New DWTS Cast
Posted: 5/13/14 at 9:28am

Keep in mind that on DWTS, being 'in jeopardy' does not necessarily mean you are at the bottom. In other words, the producers can declare whoever they want to be 'in jeopardy', along with the actual person being sent home.

"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#40New DWTS Cast
Posted: 5/13/14 at 9:36am

Yeah, I'm sure they did the people in jeopardy thing last night on purpose.

I think Candace is appealing because she was on Full House and now can appeal to the conservative crowd that was voting for Bristol Palin.

I underestimated how popular James Maslow is. I've never heard of him before this show, that's why. But, I guess as long as he, Amy, or Meryl win and not Candace, I will be okay with it.

"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates

madbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
#41New DWTS Cast
Posted: 5/13/14 at 9:45am

Meryl is head & shoulders above the rest, but it would be difficult to argue with Amy winning. The judges have rendered themselves useless by limiting the range of scores to 9s and 10s, with only an occasional 8.

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#42New DWTS Cast
Posted: 5/13/14 at 10:36am

" In other words, the producers can declare whoever they want to be 'in jeopardy',"

the producers declare whatever they want on all these shows. They decide who wins. I just think this was too ridiculous to even try and oil the audience.

Broadwayboobs Profile Photo
Broadwayboobs
#43New DWTS Cast
Posted: 5/13/14 at 11:00am

AMEN Jane!!! Charlie got screwed.

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#44New DWTS Cast
Posted: 5/13/14 at 3:26pm

In my post, I meant "to try and FOOL the audience." How did it end up as "oil the audience?" LOL!

beautywickedlover
#45New DWTS Cast
Posted: 5/13/14 at 7:42pm

It's unfortunate Charlie was eliminated. It would have been great to see him and Meryl compete against each other in the finals. It would also have been great to have them as the final two.

StockardFan Profile Photo
StockardFan
#46New DWTS Cast
Posted: 5/13/14 at 9:58pm

"In my post, I meant "to try and FOOL the audience." How did it end up as "oil the audience?" LOL!"

I was like "What?"

KFTC!!!!!

beautywickedlover
#47New DWTS Cast
Posted: 5/19/14 at 10:48pm

Man, this show can just be crazy! I'm not angry like I was 3 1/2 years ago like I was when Bristol Palin made it to the final three because Candace is a likable person and I of course grew up watching her on 'Full House', but I'm shocked James was eliminated. I'm guessing his scores from the Rumba last week hurt him a little bit, but since Candace is a Christian lady and not liberal, she does have a huge fan base behind her.

ETA: I sort of had a feeling that was coming because the camera showed that Candace's daughter looked like she was going to bawl if her mom was eliminated and they wanted to make it look like that was going to happen and then shock us all. Updated On: 5/19/14 at 10:48 PM

lovepuppy
#48New DWTS Cast
Posted: 5/20/14 at 1:23am

I was disappointed that James got cut tonight, too. I also had not heard of him before he came onto the show. It probably has less to do with his rumba from last week and more to do with the fact that the better-known participants, like Candace Cameron, from a former hit show that's still in reruns, get more viewer votes.

"There is no use trying," said Alice; "one can't believe impossible things." "I dare say you haven't had the practice," said the Queen. "When I was your age, I always did it for half an hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast." --Alice in Wonderland

beautywickedlover
#49New DWTS Cast
Posted: 5/20/14 at 11:43pm

Congrats to Meryl and Maks on their win! It was well-deserved. I do wish that Erin had let Amy and Derek speak a little bit at the very end even though they were pressed for time.