Hedwig Previews

TFritz392
#25Hedwig Previews
Posted: 3/30/14 at 1:13am

Oh I'll see it sometime. As soon as possible also. Tried my luck at the lottery tonight and didn't work out. If I could swing by after a show though, that'd be cool.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#26Hedwig Previews
Posted: 3/30/14 at 1:15am

I'll try my luck getting an autograph Monday if: a) They have posters available, b) it isn't raining, and c) I find a silver Sharpie before then.

Simon Damon
#27Hedwig Previews
Posted: 3/30/14 at 2:57am

that costume better win the tony amazing

Simon Damon
#28Hedwig Previews
Posted: 3/30/14 at 3:10am

will this extend???

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#29Hedwig Previews
Posted: 3/30/14 at 6:27am

How would anyone begin to know from one preview? It depends on many things: NPH availabillity, if they beleive it has legs without it him, reviews, nominations and of course: supply and demand.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.
Updated On: 3/30/14 at 06:27 AM

Testing1232 Profile Photo
Testing1232
#30Hedwig Previews
Posted: 3/30/14 at 12:09pm

Will be at show tmw night--- praying t-shirts for sale--- ones that I bought at Jane don't come close to fitting anymore--- just left Staples w pack of silver and gold Sharpies--- will be at stage door--- if anyone needs Sharpie, I will be happy to help!!

CarmenDeBris
#31Hedwig Previews
Posted: 3/30/14 at 12:15pm

They have 3 or 4 shirts. They had quite a bit of merch. No window card yet though.

Testing1232
#32Hedwig Previews
Posted: 3/30/14 at 12:17pm

Thanks, Carmen for the info!!! So pumped for this!! Miss the days at the Jane---

So excited to see this brilliant show once again!

perfectlymarvelous Profile Photo
perfectlymarvelous
#33Hedwig Previews
Posted: 3/30/14 at 12:38pm

Did anyone try the lotto last night? How many people were there? I'd like to try it sometime this week (hopefully) before it gets too crazy.

pennydreadful Profile Photo
pennydreadful
#34Hedwig Previews
Posted: 3/30/14 at 12:53pm

Someone reported 150 people at the lottery yesterday, and 20 spots given out. It's probably gonna be nuts any day you go, but maybe not so bad if you go in crummy weather. I wonder if it's first row/boxes for lottery winners?

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#35Hedwig Previews
Posted: 3/30/14 at 12:59pm

The front row was up for sale on Telecharge, so I don't think so. Unless they didn't show the real front row?

I've had that happen before, buy a front row seat online, and when you get there, there is a row or two in front of you (Rocky, for example) Updated On: 3/30/14 at 12:59 PM

theaterfan862 Profile Photo
theaterfan862
#36Hedwig Previews
Posted: 3/30/14 at 2:00pm

So is it official that there is no SRO during previews? If that's the case I have to come up with a different plan.

CarmenDeBris
#37Hedwig Previews
Posted: 3/30/14 at 2:02pm

There were definitely tech people in the standing room area last night.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#38Hedwig Previews
Posted: 3/30/14 at 2:03pm

I believe someone from the theater posted on here (possibly in a different thread) that the creative team is at the back of the house during previews, so no SRO until after it opens.

theaterfan862 Profile Photo
theaterfan862
#39Hedwig Previews
Posted: 3/30/14 at 2:37pm

Plan B it is! Thanks for the info.

averagebwaynut Profile Photo
averagebwaynut
#40Hedwig Previews
Posted: 3/30/14 at 3:18pm

I tried the lottery yesterday and didn't win, but I stayed around to ask some of the winners what they got.

Not sure if it's the same seats for every performance or will vary (only one show so far to use as a sample set) but last night, it seems the lottery seats were mostly full view scattered throughout the orchestra, including some close to the front but not the very front row. There were a few rush seats in the boxes as well which I think are technically partial view.

I know two people who got standing room last night at around 7:20pm (which makes me wish I had hung around longer!). They reported that the BO told them that they won't be selling the full number of standing room during previews because of the tech people at the back of the house, but they may sell a few on the sides. The BO said the show is going to update their policy and establish that the standing room determination will be made each day at 7:15pm (or 45 minutes prior to curtain) so that people don't have to check with them all day if the show is sold out (I guess that can be annoying for them?).

I have great seats for May already but I can't wait that long. Going to try again this week for either rush or SR.

"No matter how much you want the part, never let 'em see you sweat." -- Old Dry Idea commercial

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#41Hedwig Previews
Posted: 3/30/14 at 3:23pm

I've never been to that theater, is the stage really high?

CarmenDeBris
#42Hedwig Previews
Posted: 3/30/14 at 3:29pm

Oooo! This is very good to know. Thanks for the update!

onesongglory2 Profile Photo
onesongglory2
#43Hedwig Previews
Posted: 3/30/14 at 4:14pm

How's the view from the balcony? I have tickets center row D later this month.

pandadude
#44Hedwig Previews
Posted: 3/30/14 at 5:54pm

How was the view from closer to the stage? From row AA or BB?

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#45Hedwig Previews
Posted: 3/31/14 at 10:42pm

Holy smokes! That was incredible! Anyone wondering if NPH was ready to deliver need not worry. Get those tickets...

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#46Hedwig Previews
Posted: 3/31/14 at 11:15pm

Holy Hell that was incredible!! The lighting, the sound, the direction, the set. Just absolutely top notch. Lena Hall looked and sounded great, and the entire band was SO cool. NPH's performance is electric, exciting, funny and heartbreaking. It was a genuine thrill to have him two feet in front of me. He looked right at me, gave me an air kiss and stuck out his tongue. I died. He clearly worked out for this role and has never looked sexier.

Now, about the seating. I sat in row BB seat 101. There was no chair in front of me, so I had a clear view and all the leg room in the world. Being so close allows you to see facial expressions and interact with Neil when he talks to the audience. From my view, the balcony looked very high, and I think you may lose something being so far away. But, everyone had a lot of fun, judging by the applause. The lucky person sitting in Row BB seat 3 gets NPH's crotch in their face, and then gets a kiss. The 40 year old preppy dude looked stunned and so happy.

See this show people, it's the best thing on Broadway right now!

Updated On: 3/31/14 at 11:15 PM

VotePeron Profile Photo
VotePeron
#47Hedwig Previews
Posted: 3/31/14 at 11:28pm

An above poster talked about Lottery, SR, and Rush....is there a rush policy? I am confused.

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#48Hedwig Previews
Posted: 3/31/14 at 11:40pm

It was a genuine thrill to have him two feet in front of me. He looked right at me, gave me an air kiss and stuck out his tongue. I died.

Jealous :P But, that's great :)

Testing1232
#49Hedwig Previews
Posted: 3/31/14 at 11:48pm

I was sitting right behind that guy!!! Show is amazing!!! What a voice on Lena Hall!! Holy c&&p, she was amazing!!

NPH --- what can you say---??? Had audience wrapped around finger-- voice much better than I thought!!

Question---- POSSIBLE SPOILER
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Saw the show ton of times at Jane--- and listen to the OBCR constantly--- didn't Hedwig always sing the "Wicked Little Town" reprise???