Ciara Renee Absence

Eboj3
#1Ciara Renee Absence
Posted: 4/11/14 at 3:06pm

Have a friend in production who told me that Ciara had a complete meltdown of epic diva portions about an hour before the show. Refused to go on. Said s/he had never seen anything like it. Needless to say the entire cast was in turmoil. Understudy (I think McClinton) had an hour to get ready. Did anyone see that show. I understand the entire cast was on fire.

Rainbowhigh23
#2Ciara Renee Absence
Posted: 4/11/14 at 3:13pm

When was the show?

Alessio2
#2Ciara Renee Absence
Posted: 4/11/14 at 3:28pm

If this story is true, then she needs to learn that EVERYONE is replaceable and there are many other hugely talented women who would kill for a chance to perform that role on Broadway. Isn't it a little too early in the Broadway run, not to mention her career to pulling diva antics? Get over yourself...

ethan231h Profile Photo
ethan231h
#3Ciara Renee Absence
Posted: 4/11/14 at 3:51pm

who is your friend? I think this is untrue. On her Twitter page there is nothing on this nor about being absent except for her first saturday show when she was sick.

Littleshopofcarrie Profile Photo
Littleshopofcarrie
#4Ciara Renee Absence
Posted: 4/11/14 at 4:02pm

^Well she is certainly not going to post that she had a diva meltdown on twitter.

Phillytheatreguy10 Profile Photo
Phillytheatreguy10
#5Ciara Renee Absence
Posted: 4/11/14 at 4:06pm

^^No, but she may post an apology to fans for missing a show as she did the first Sat. and someone on these boards would've certainly stated if she's missed since then. It seems like an effort to dis-credit her talents. In "Big Fish" she had a lot of stuff to deal with other than her solo she also served as a member of the ensemble. No diva behavior reported there, in fact when I've spoken to her she's been nothing but very sweet and down to earth, and I'm talking more than just waiting at the stage door.

dexter3
#6Ciara Renee Absence
Posted: 4/11/14 at 4:51pm

This is Reidel-style gossip. Best to leave this one alone...anonymous sources...

Updated On: 4/11/14 at 04:51 PM

FishermanBob Profile Photo
FishermanBob
#7Ciara Renee Absence
Posted: 4/11/14 at 5:54pm

This sounds like complete nonsense. The OP just showed up here this week and has posted this exact same message in the thread on her and Kyle beginning their run and it appears thinking that wouldn't reach enough people decided to start another thread specifically on this with the same exact message. Sounds like someone with an axe to grind.

busylizzie238 Profile Photo
busylizzie238
#8Ciara Renee Absence
Posted: 4/11/14 at 6:41pm

'Said s/he had never seen anything like it.'

s/he ? are you not sure what gender your friend is?

Updated On: 4/11/14 at 06:41 PM

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#9Ciara Renee Absence
Posted: 4/12/14 at 12:08am

I happen to pass by the theater usually around 7pm Tue/Wed/Thur and Ciara wasn't out at all for those days this week. so unless it was something last minute, I doubt this was true.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

ex-gypsy
#10Ciara Renee Absence
Posted: 4/12/14 at 1:42am

It Never happened. The OP's "friend," is "unreliable!"

Videos