pixeltracker

Chenoweth hints at DOLLY revival? - Page 2

Chenoweth hints at DOLLY revival?

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#25Chenoweth hints at DOLLY revival?
Posted: 4/15/14 at 6:07pm

I recently saw Karen Ziemba as Dolly and she was wonderful. With the right director, she could justify headlining a Broadway revival.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#26Chenoweth hints at DOLLY revival?
Posted: 4/15/14 at 8:11pm

I like Reba a lot but really don't see her as Dolly Levi.
Is Cheno being considered for PETER PAN or are they still going for that dumb idea of a male Peter?

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#27Chenoweth hints at DOLLY revival?
Posted: 4/15/14 at 8:20pm

She answered that in the clip. She has not been approached for Peter Pan, likely because they are going to cast a male.

Gothampc
#28Chenoweth hints at DOLLY revival?
Posted: 4/15/14 at 8:22pm

The Chenoweth as Dolly has already gone into rehearsal. Below is rehearsal footage of Dolly's big entrance.
Link

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

Gothampc
#29Chenoweth hints at DOLLY revival?
Posted: 4/15/14 at 8:23pm

"She has not been approached for Peter Pan, likely because they are going to cast a male."

And likely because nobody wants a Peter Pan who sounds like Tinkerbell.

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#30Chenoweth hints at DOLLY revival?
Posted: 4/15/14 at 8:47pm

As much as I detest the idea of Kristin Chenoweth as Dolly Levi, I would rather see that happen than Chenoweth play Peter Pan.

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#31Chenoweth hints at DOLLY revival?
Posted: 4/16/14 at 5:44pm

She is a bad choice for Dolly. It truly would be a huge shame if she did it after years and years of waiting for a major revival of this show to happen. It would be a shame if after years of "them" having such a tight grip on the property they would let this travesty occur. And just the same... I think it would be fantastic if the 20th Century revival would happen. She would be magnificent in that part.

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!

aasjb4ever Profile Photo
aasjb4ever
#32Chenoweth hints at DOLLY revival?
Posted: 4/16/14 at 5:46pm

Dame, who exactly are “them”?

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#33Chenoweth hints at DOLLY revival?
Posted: 4/16/14 at 5:57pm

aasjb4ever; I have no idea. Whoever has kept a major revival of this from happening. Jerry Herman? Other estates? Bad luck?

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#34Chenoweth hints at DOLLY revival?
Posted: 4/16/14 at 6:00pm

She was on "Wendy Williams" today (Yes I watch Wendy Williams. She's a mess and I love the low-budget show). And she said she'd be back on Broadway within the year, so expect an announcement soon.

Is the show going to be a commercial run or are they partnering with like Roundabout? I don't know On the twentieth Century.

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#35Chenoweth hints at DOLLY revival?
Posted: 4/16/14 at 7:01pm

Well, since Somethingwicked (who over the years has provided us with almost 100% reliable inside scoop) says it's 100% ON THE TWENTIETH CENTURY, then I assume it's 100% ON THE TWENTIETH CENTURY.
I think the video is pretty clear that she isn't talking about a DOLLY revival. She'd be a pretty bad Dolly I have to say, especially since she has now veered very much into a camp version of herself (and I adore her, but saw her a couple nights ago on WATCH WHAT HAPPENS LIVE and was shocked by the way she has destroyed her face with plastic surgery and her Calista Flockhart weight).
Reba would be fantastic. Am I making up the fact she passed on it? I thought someone said that or Riedel wrote that at some point.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"