Stars in the Alley

get-it-right
#1Stars in the Alley
Posted: 5/12/14 at 3:59pm

As if I wasn't already excited enough about Stars in the Alley next week, they announced the lineup of performers today!

Participating Shows and Cast Members Scheduled to Perform*:
After Midnight (Adriane Lenox)
A Gentleman’s Guide to Love and Murder (Bryce Pinkham)
Aladdin (Adam Jacobs)
Beautiful – The Carole King Musical (E Clayton Cornelius, James Harkness, Douglas Lyons & Alan Wiggins)
The Bridges of Madison County (Kelli O’Hara)
Bullets Over Broadway ( Brooks Ashmanskas & Heléne Yorke)
Cabaret (Andrea Gross)
Chicago (Bianca Marroquin)
Hedwig and the Angry Inch (Lena Hall)
If / Then (LaChanze & Jenn Colella)
Kinky Boots (Jeanna de Waal)
Les Misérables (Nikki M. James)
The Lion King (Thulisile Thusi)
Mamma Mia! (Judy McLane)
Motown The Musical (Crystal Joy , Ryan Shaw , Sabrina Sloan, Marva Hicks, and Mykal Kilgore)
Newsies
Once (Paul Alexander Nolan & Joanna Christie and cast of ONCE)
The Phantom of the Opera (Sierra Boggess & Jeremy Stolle)
Pippin (Kyle Dean Massey & Ciara Reneé)
Rocky (Andy Karl)
Rock of Ages
Rodgers + Hammerstein’s Cinderella (Ann Harada and Female Ensemble)
Violet (Joshua Henry)
Wicked (Justin Guarini & Christine Dwyer)

WITH ADDITIONAL APPEARANCES* FROM:
Act One
All the Way
Casa Valentina
Holler If Ya Hear Me
Mothers and Sons
On the Town

Anyone else planning on going?

http://www.broadway.org/info/stars-in-the-alley
Updated On: 5/12/14 at 03:59 PM

danaonotlater Profile Photo
danaonotlater
#2Stars in the Alley
Posted: 5/12/14 at 4:25pm

It's a nice looking lineup! I would totally be there if it wasn't on a weekday. I wish I could skip out on work, but my supervisor's gone all next week and I know I'll be bogged down. Boo! I hope you enjoy! Report back on what was sung and your highlights.

stephimarie Profile Photo
stephimarie
#2Stars in the Alley
Posted: 5/14/14 at 5:05pm

I'll be there! I'm so excited, it's my first time going to anything like this. Anyone who has been before want to tell more about what it's like?
also, what are the chances of meeting some of the performers after the concert? because there are quite a few that I wouldn't mind saying hi to or getting an autograph from. Updated On: 5/14/14 at 05:05 PM

GatorNY Profile Photo
GatorNY
#3Stars in the Alley
Posted: 5/14/14 at 6:40pm

What time should I get there? How in the world will all those people be able to perform in 90 minutes?

"The price of love is loss, but still we pay; We love anyway."

mamaleh
#4Stars in the Alley
Posted: 5/14/14 at 8:28pm

I just hope they set the stage up the way they do the auctions at the B'way Flea Market instead of having a much more narrow stage closer and parallel to either 44th or 45th St. The latter set-up makes for terrible sightlines, whereas the former allows a wider view.

Blackbird3
#5Stars in the Alley
Posted: 5/21/14 at 1:43pm

Did anyone go today? How was it?

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#6Stars in the Alley
Posted: 5/21/14 at 1:51pm

It was super crowded and and the sound system wasn't great. They only had a few speakers right at the front by the stage (on 45th Street), so if you were at the back of the alley on the 44th side, it was very hard to hear. Overall, it was a fun day though.

AntV
#7Stars in the Alley
Posted: 5/21/14 at 10:33pm

It was indeed fun. My favorites were Gentleman's Guide, Violet, Hedwig, Bullets and Bridges. My highlight was seeing Matt Harrington from Matilda poking out the Shubert Theater's window and rocking along to Don't Stop Believing. And there were some Broadway actors in the audience watching the event like James Monroe Inglehart. Updated On: 5/21/14 at 10:33 PM