pixeltracker

The Late Joan Rivers: 'Does this urn make my ash look fat?'- Page 35

The Late Joan Rivers: 'Does this urn make my ash look fat?'

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#850listen, you dumbasses
Posted: 10/16/14 at 3:15pm

And she is getting a theater named after her.

Surely not a Broadway theatre?

GoSmileLaughCryClap Profile Photo
GoSmileLaughCryClap
#851listen, you dumbasses
Posted: 10/16/14 at 3:42pm

listen, you dumbasses

THE JOAN RIVERS THEATER

Updated On: 10/16/14 at 03:42 PM

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#852listen, you dumbasses
Posted: 10/16/14 at 3:46pm

Odd that the examiner's report omits mention of the questionable biopsy.

Methinks this is not the last we'll hear of this.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#853listen, you dumbasses
Posted: 10/16/14 at 4:06pm

The investigation was to determine the cause of death, so they probably investigated any number of things that didn't make it into the final report, since those other things were ruled out.

The original report is always the boring one. You only get more interesting information if it goes to court, and then they ask about other things that could have been factors, but even then they rarely stray from their original finding.

FindingNamo
#854listen, you dumbasses
Posted: 10/16/14 at 10:10pm

The subhead in Rolling Stone says, "The New York City Medical Examiner classified the comedian's death in a way that distinguished it from homicide." I didn't read the article though because time.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

sabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
#855listen, you dumbasses
Posted: 10/16/14 at 10:59pm

"omits mention of the questionable biopsy."

Vas u dere Sharley?

So u know fer shure a biopsy was done?

Updated On: 10/16/14 at 10:59 PM

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#856Malice Aforethought
Posted: 10/16/14 at 11:42pm

The Daily News article sheds further light.

But the biopsy--and the use of propofol instead of inserting an airway--remain a mystery.

This doesn't mean a biopsy was NOT done. It means that whether or not a biopsy was done, that biopsy was part of the cause of death.

All the examiner's report clarifies is that the cause of death was a complication that ensued during the laryngoscopy. Therefore, there was no homicide, no premeditation, no malice aforethought.

It has yet to be determined if there was criminally negligent manslaughter.

NY DAILY NEWS: Joan Rivers' death might be attributable to sedation drug: expert

sabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
#857Malice Aforethought
Posted: 10/17/14 at 10:20am

"It means that whether or not a biopsy was done, that biopsy was part of the cause of death."

So...if a biopsy was NOT done it can still be part of the cause of death?
Elucidate please.

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#858Malice Aforethought
Posted: 10/17/14 at 10:51am

The examiner did not rule on whether or not there had been a biopsy.

DAILY NEWS: We still don't know much about Joan Rivers' death, says former city Medical Examiner Michael Baden

Updated On: 10/17/14 at 10:51 AM

dreaming Profile Photo
dreaming
#859Malice Aforethought
Posted: 10/17/14 at 1:03pm

PJ-how is criminally negligent manslaughter different from criminally negligent homicide? (This sounds really like the latter-she didn't consent to a biopsy-in writing anyhow-and if that was ruled a factor, wouldn't the doctor-who wasn't even supposed to be there, much less performing an invasive biopsy-be responsible? (And I guess I'd think the photo is pretty damning evidence too.))

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#860Malice Aforethought
Posted: 10/17/14 at 2:51pm

I'm not a lawyer--I just play one on the Internet, so this is from Wikipedia, with a case reference:

Criminally negligent manslaughter occurs where there is an omission to act when there is a duty to do so, or a failure to perform a duty owed, which leads to a death. The existence of the duty is essential because the law does not impose criminal liability for a failure to act unless a specific duty is owed to the victim. It is most common in the case of professionals who are grossly negligent in the course of their employment. An example is where a doctor fails to notice a patient's oxygen supply has disconnected and the patient dies (R v Adomako).

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#861Malice Aforethought
Posted: 10/17/14 at 2:55pm

What theatre is being named for her?

dreaming Profile Photo
dreaming
#862Malice Aforethought
Posted: 10/21/14 at 1:22pm

Yes! I'd love to know!