shows tours

bryan
#1shows tours
Posted: 9/3/14 at 1:45pm

hi I do not get why tours of great shows like newises will stop in mass but not nh,vt or maine because I would love to see them.

JohnyBroadway
#2shows tours
Posted: 9/3/14 at 1:50pm

It's all about venue, city, and local presenters.

gleek4114 Profile Photo
gleek4114
#2shows tours
Posted: 9/3/14 at 2:31pm

You can't get it all. For years here in Louisville we were getting the bottom of the barrel in terms of new productions, and "good" shows. Its starting to pick up but you just have to face the fact that some seasons are better than others. I would have loved to get Kinky Boots but maybe next year. The indivisual venues try to please as many people as the can.

Elfuhbuh Profile Photo
Elfuhbuh
#3shows tours
Posted: 9/3/14 at 2:51pm

Sometimes tours will extend their run and go to more cities. Maybe they just haven't added yours to their schedule yet!

"Was uns befreit, das muss stärker sein als wir es sind." -Tanz der Vampire

AEA AGMA SM
#4shows tours
Posted: 9/3/14 at 3:54pm

Write to the management of your local tour venue. Tell them what shows you would like to see. Get your friends to do the same. Let them know which shows you have seen there and liked in the past, and which you did not. Let them know there is an interest in their audience base.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#5shows tours
Posted: 9/3/14 at 4:59pm

It all really depends on venue. The venue pays to present these shows. If they don't think it will, they won't pay for them. Also, it depends on the scale of the production. Wicked and Lion King can't play the smaller markets because their sets are too big to fit a lot of the smaller spaces.