#200Jackie Burns - IF/THEN
Posted: 12/13/14 at 3:03pm

Is she going on for tonight's show?

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

TFMH18 Profile Photo
TFMH18
#201Jackie Burns - IF/THEN
Posted: 12/13/14 at 3:07pm

As far as how much longer the show has, I think if it were taking the January 4th bow, it would've already been announced. Either February or March when Idina's contract is up I'd say

sharona39
#202Jackie Burns - IF/THEN
Posted: 12/13/14 at 4:03pm

I think we would know if the show was closing January 4. I love If/Then - I hope to see it again this season. The Interviews I've seen there's just been a mention of " 8 shows a week" not really promoting the show. Nonetheless I'm happy for her success.

evic
#203Jackie Burns - IF/THEN
Posted: 12/13/14 at 6:40pm

The producers are super rich and if they want to run the show until Idina's contract is up, then they are prepared to lose a lot more money cause the show is a flop and IMHO a pretentious bore.

Pootie2
#204Jackie Burns - IF/THEN
Posted: 12/13/14 at 6:54pm

OK. Don't feel so bad about yourself that you feel a need to project; so you didn't get it and you weren't part of the target audience, that much is obvious. The show reviews are in a different thread, by the way, if you didn't know you could do a forum search.

I thought it was common knowledge that a show is considered a flop at the point it closes and doesn't fully recoup, but here's just a reminder then. There's a 75% chance any Broadway production will end up flopping, and even 25% Tony "Best title" winners have flopped in the past 30 years anyway. Quite a crapshoot all around.

#BoycottTrumplikePattiMurin

TFMH18 Profile Photo
TFMH18
#205Jackie Burns - IF/THEN
Posted: 12/14/14 at 3:24am

Ticket Master has apparently made tickets for after January 4 unavailable (this has not always been the case). I'd expect a closing notice this week.

sharona39
#206Jackie Burns - IF/THEN
Posted: 12/14/14 at 7:34am

I don't see that on ticketmadter - unless I'm missing something - it still looks like you can purchase tickets beyond January 4 ?

Pootie2
#207Jackie Burns - IF/THEN
Posted: 12/14/14 at 8:16am

I still see tickets out to Mar 1.

sharona39
#208Jackie Burns - IF/THEN
Posted: 12/14/14 at 8:20am

I just saw that when you look at ticket availability via the calendar view - they are only available thru January 4.

Pootie2
#209Jackie Burns - IF/THEN
Posted: 12/14/14 at 8:34am

The calendar view still seems to show out to Mar for me, but the full site doesn't work on my phone. List and mobile app also show out to Mar, so I have no idea.

delongpre
#210Jackie Burns - IF/THEN
Posted: 12/14/14 at 8:46am

Was just able to get tickets for late January. Will see the show at least two more times before it closes.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#211Jackie Burns - IF/THEN
Posted: 12/14/14 at 8:48am

I'm able to open event pages for the show dates beyond January 4, too.

delongpre
#212Jackie Burns - IF/THEN
Posted: 12/14/14 at 9:29am

It would be in their best interest to stay open beyond the 4th, when so may other shows are closing, because people looking for a show would be more likely to choose If/Then for sheer lack of other choices.

I STILL don't understand why people are not running to see the show. It's one of the best I have ever seen on Broadway.

wdwfreak Profile Photo
wdwfreak
#213Jackie Burns - IF/THEN
Posted: 12/14/14 at 9:34am

^ Because you are one of the few that believe it is.

Pootie2
#214Jackie Burns - IF/THEN
Posted: 12/14/14 at 10:29am

^Yet it's rated over 4/5 stars on Ticketmaster and 4.5/5 on Tripadvisor. 70% of Broadway traffic is from tourists, and this particular board is an extreme minority of viewpoint given that statistic alongside general knowledge that forum participation for any product or service is a minority.

There's nothing deeply mysterious about this: IF/THEN is rather niche, and its adult audience seems a younger average (and thus poorer) than other "adult" shows, where Broadway ticket pricing is exacerbating.

NeverSoShy
#215Jackie Burns - IF/THEN
Posted: 12/15/14 at 3:15am

Jackie's on holiday at the moment (looking at her twitter), so I guess that means that we have the potential for Jenn to be going on for Idina in the next few days.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#216Jackie Burns - IF/THEN
Posted: 12/15/14 at 3:58am

Let's hope not, I may catch the show this week, and I want me some Idina...

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#217Jackie Burns - IF/THEN
Posted: 12/15/14 at 8:48am

I would love to see Jenn Colella as Elizabeth. Hoping there's enough notice if she does go on this week, I'd definitely do everything in my power to be there.

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#218Jackie Burns - IF/THEN
Posted: 12/15/14 at 3:36pm

Idina's on Fallon tonight and The View tomorrow, so we'll see if that affects her If/Then performance Tuesday night.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#219Jackie Burns - IF/THEN
Posted: 12/15/14 at 3:43pm

She did a whole show at Radio City without missing shows. Not sure two TV slots singing holiday songs will really knock her for a loop. One has to imagine she has no intention of missing from now through the end of the year, with the tourist uptick and them promoting her so prominently as the reason to go...

Pootie2
#220Jackie Burns - IF/THEN
Posted: 12/15/14 at 3:57pm

I think it was the UK trip and catching a bug along that period that really did Menzel in for a while, and grosses last week certainly reflected her 3 missing shows. She's done other things same-day like the iHeartRadio mini-concert right before a show, after all.

I think the upcoming two appearances are the last ones; there's another she did in the UK that was pre-taped. I wouldn't expect her appearance on Fallon to affect anything since the night shows seem more in-line with a Broadway schedule anyway, but the morning shows seem a lot tougher, getting there very very early for makeup and sound check. The View is 11am ET, maybe that's fine.

TFMH18 Profile Photo
TFMH18
#221Jackie Burns - IF/THEN
Posted: 12/17/14 at 9:56am

Don't ask me how I know, but I've got it on pretty good authority that Jenn is going on for today's matinee. For those who've been dying to see her in the role, this may be your chance!

neonlightsxo
#222Jackie Burns - IF/THEN
Posted: 12/17/14 at 9:57am

Just saw that on ATC as well. Need more info! Is she on tonight too?

perfectlymarvelous Profile Photo
perfectlymarvelous
#223Jackie Burns - IF/THEN
Posted: 12/17/14 at 10:01am

I would LOVE to see Jenn go on. If anyone knows for sure if she's going on tonight too I would love to know. :)

TFMH18 Profile Photo
TFMH18
#224Jackie Burns - IF/THEN
Posted: 12/17/14 at 10:06am

Pretty certain it's only for the afternoon performance, not evening