KINKY BOOTS - Tour

ebontoyan
#25KINKY BOOTS - Tour
Posted: 4/6/15 at 10:26am

I saw KB in NYC (with Billy and Andy Kelso) and 2x on tour in Des Moines IA and I loved both iterations!  I love Billy's take in Lola and Darius was no slouch either (and he just took over as tour Lola since Kyle was called back to NYC to take over while Billy is on a break!) I will be watching more of this show (it is coming to Minneapolis and Chicago this summer!)

darreyl102 Profile Photo
darreyl102
#26KINKY BOOTS - Tour
Posted: 4/6/15 at 5:53pm

BTW- Nick McGough's (Tour Angel) thighs revival Cheyenne Jackson's! OMG

Darreyl with an L!

KnewItWhenIWasInFron
#27KINKY BOOTS - Tour
Posted: 7/29/15 at 11:02pm

I kinda liked Booth, ultimately, but I bet I know why he got on your nerves: His odd vocal technique. It's almost like he's a ventriloquist, trying to sing without opening his mouth.

Updated On: 8/1/15 at 11:02 PM

downhillskier
#28KINKY BOOTS - Tour
Posted: 8/11/15 at 10:39pm

Opening in Boston tonight. Going next weekend. Curious to hear from people who have seen it in recent months on tour. Love the OBR recording. Curious how the recent cast stacks up. Excited to see it. 

RaiseYouUp Profile Photo
RaiseYouUp
#29KINKY BOOTS - Tour
Posted: 8/11/15 at 10:46pm

Since this post has been bumped, does anyone know how long Kyle Taylor Parker will be with the tour? It will be in my city at the end of march 2016 and really would love to see him in the role, especially after seeing Billy 4 times on Broadway.

gleek4114 Profile Photo
gleek4114
#30KINKY BOOTS - Tour
Posted: 1/17/16 at 12:04am

Just an update on the tour if anyone is interested. I saw the matinee today in Cincinnati, and I thought it was wonderful. J. Harrison Ghee as Lola was exceptional. Great voice, wonderful dance skills, and an extremely wide range acting range. Me and my mother both cried several times. Adam Kaplan was great as Charlie. His "Soul of a Man" was particularly good (It helped that he made the amazing choice to option up at one point). Tiffany Engen as Lauren was a treat. She was very funny, though Annaleigh still holds the place of my favorite. It was a nice surprise seeing Charissa Hogeland as Nicola (I was such a big fan of Heathers). She was great and did all she possibly could with a role that doesn't particularly have much to offer. Aaron Walpole as Don was great. He has a very good voice and the fact he was able to showcase so much of his range in such a small role was very impressive. The ensemble was spot on, and overall the energy was there all around. Me and my mother discussed the fact that they really looked like they were having the time of their lives. I was a bit nervous about seeing a new cast after seeing the flawless OBC 2 years ago, but this cast really brought it! As it continues into this next touring season, I strongly encourage everyone to check it out. 

RaiseYouUp Profile Photo
RaiseYouUp
#31KINKY BOOTS - Tour
Posted: 1/17/16 at 12:13am

Thank you so much for that review! I can't wait to see it in my city this spring. I'm counting down the days!

Patti LuPone FANatic Profile Photo
Patti LuPone FANatic
#32KINKY BOOTS - Tour
Posted: 1/17/16 at 10:14am

I saw Kinky Boots in its Austin stop, with Adam Kaplan.  He  does very well for himself in the show:  good singer, actor and very cute.   I'm seeing the show again when it stops at the Majestic Theatre in San Antonio.  

KINKY BOOTS - Tour

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)
Updated On: 1/17/16 at 10:14 AM