pixeltracker

Idina Menzel - Holiday Wishes- Page 2

Idina Menzel - Holiday Wishes

Pootie2
#25Idina Menzel - Holiday Wishes
Posted: 10/13/14 at 2:47pm

Well, it's like #20 in the whole Music category on Amazon just based on preorders, apparently, so I think it'll do fine...

#BoycottTrumplikePattiMurin

TFMH18 Profile Photo
TFMH18
#26Idina Menzel - Holiday Wishes
Posted: 10/13/14 at 4:48pm

#20 based off of pre orders alone? That is incredibly impressive. I am so happy for her tremendous success this past year. I know it's been a difficult time for her in her personal life and certainly all the accolades in the world can't change that, but man oh man I'm sure it doesn't hurt. I cannot wait to listen to this.

Pootie2
#27Idina Menzel - Holiday Wishes
Posted: 10/13/14 at 4:56pm

It actually rose to #19 between the time I last posted and now. Geez.

http://www.amazon.com/best-sellers-music-albums/zgbs/music/ref=pd_dp_ts_m_1

Granted, that's just the Amazon chart, but still--for the entire music category? Not bad.

veronicamae Profile Photo
veronicamae
#28Idina Menzel - Holiday Wishes
Posted: 10/13/14 at 5:36pm

"Well, it's like #20 in the whole Music category on Amazon just based on preorders, apparently, so I think it'll do fine..."

Well, there's opening strong and then there's selling well through the season. That's what I'm really interested in, though I think it'll hit #1 on Amazon.

Anyone here going to her B&N signing tomorrow?

hanabana
#29Idina Menzel - Holiday Wishes
Posted: 10/13/14 at 6:36pm

Will the album be available in all Target stores tomorrow? When I looked up the album on target's website, it says not available in stores. I wonder if it's because it can't go on sale till tomorrow, or if it's just not going to be in all stores. I'm thinking about picking the the album tomorrow in Target, but it's not exactly close to me, so was just curious.

Also - I'd love to go to the B&N signing, but I have to work... And I am thinking it might be a madhouse, so I wouldn't have made it that early anyway. Good luck to those who are going!

Pootie2
#30Idina Menzel - Holiday Wishes
Posted: 10/13/14 at 7:13pm

I'd expect it in all Targets. I go to Target all the time, but if it's a special trip, just ordering online from Target.com still gets you the special edition.

I also imagine the B&N signing will be mayhem, and I imagine if Menzel does stage door after tomorrow's show, it'll be more mayhem than usual for that day...

Edit to add: I'm positive the "not available in stores" blurb next to that button only means it's not available now.

Updated On: 10/13/14 at 07:13 PM

NicoleMWright2
#31Idina Menzel - Holiday Wishes
Posted: 10/13/14 at 11:17pm

I work at Target -- the above post is true. It should be ready to sell tomorrow, probably on the front end by the registers for easier access. If you use a REDCard, you save 5% as well. It's in the ad for $11.99.

hanabana
#32Idina Menzel - Holiday Wishes
Posted: 10/14/14 at 12:26am

Pootie and Nicole, thanks for your responses! I'll probably swing by Target in the morning before work to pick it up, in case they run out by the time I make it there at night. I wouldn't buy it online because I don't want to pay for shipping. It's one of those kind of out of my way, but not too far, situations, so I might as well make the trip. This is the first time I'm buying a holiday album (usually I just listen to holiday songs on the radio as the holidays draw near), so it's pretty new and interesting to me.

veronicamae
#33Idina Menzel - Holiday Wishes
Posted: 10/14/14 at 12:36am

Got my iTunes copy! It downloaded a lovely 90 minutes before midnight.

Her website's brand new as well!

Broadwaydreaming Profile Photo
Broadwaydreaming
#34Idina Menzel - Holiday Wishes
Posted: 10/14/14 at 12:47am

I love her new website!!

YouWantitWhen???? Profile Photo
YouWantitWhen????
#35Idina Menzel - Holiday Wishes
Posted: 10/14/14 at 1:02am

Nicely done Team Idina. Picking mine up tomorrow on the way home from work.

Updated On: 10/14/14 at 01:02 AM

Pootie2
#36Idina Menzel - Holiday Wishes
Posted: 10/14/14 at 11:47am

I've never been impressed by Menzel's official website...

Anyway, about the weird album cover photo, that was easy to fix; the photo on the back of the booklet is much better IMO, so I just flipped it over.

Wow, I haven't bought a physical CD in so long; have to rip the last two bonus tracks onto my devices.

pmensky
#37Idina Menzel - Holiday Wishes
Posted: 10/14/14 at 1:19pm

I really love Idina, but this album is a disappointment. Most of the arrangements sound like cheesy, smooth jazz. While listening to each track, I kept wishing the next would be her alone with a piano.

Pootie2
#38Idina Menzel - Holiday Wishes
Posted: 10/14/14 at 1:39pm

The choices were "safe," I guess. For a mass market, this type of stuff could be played over store speakers.

I just got around to reading the big dedication/thanks section in the booklet. Towards the end--

"Joby, Jerry, JT, Carla, and my family at If/Then: Thank you for taking care of my heart"
"Mom, Dad, and Sis: Thanks for letting me quit Hebrew school and make a Christmas album. Loving me no matter what."
"And to my beautiful Walker, you are the best reason to sing."

Updated On: 10/14/14 at 01:39 PM

veronicamae
#39Idina Menzel - Holiday Wishes
Posted: 10/14/14 at 2:55pm

I'm listed in the thanks. Yes, I will toot my own horn.

Alright, my joking comment was in bad taste; removed. Updated On: 10/14/14 at 02:55 PM

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#40Idina Menzel - Holiday Wishes
Posted: 10/14/14 at 2:59pm

Yep, that was unnecessarily bitchy. Why mention him at all?

Pootie2
#41Idina Menzel - Holiday Wishes
Posted: 10/14/14 at 3:08pm

(@veronicamae) Stirring up negative thoughts over a holiday album is bad juju. It's pretty obvious to anyone reading the liner notes that there's a gaping silence, so the only mature thing to do is leave it be. (Let it go?)

I'm still a little disappointed Menzel didn't do her own parody-cover of Let It Go. That would've been hilarious.

Updated On: 10/14/14 at 03:08 PM

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#42Idina Menzel - Holiday Wishes
Posted: 10/14/14 at 3:10pm

^ Thank you.

The 1 star review on Amazon is kinda weird:

"I'm a fan. I think it's great that you record a holiday album. I do think it would have been nice if you would have sung a few Hannakah songs since you are Jewish. It bothers me that Jewish singers alway just record Christmas songs and never include Hannakah songs. The only singer I know that did was Jane Olivor in her Holiday CD."

Pootie2
#43Idina Menzel - Holiday Wishes
Posted: 10/14/14 at 3:19pm

^Does this mean that reviewer left 1-star reviews for every single Jewish entertainer out there who performed/released primarily Christmas stuff? The entirety of December is pretty genericized anyway these days, so I can understand going for a mass market. I mean, Streisand. Not to mention there ARE Jewish holiday recordings for purchase.

That really didn't warrant a 1-star, but I doubt it'll dent the sales one bit.

Edit to add: I just saw that rating and the comments underneath. The reviewer admitted to not even buying and listening to the album before rating. Classy.

Updated On: 10/14/14 at 03:19 PM

TFMH18 Profile Photo
TFMH18
#44Idina Menzel - Holiday Wishes
Posted: 10/14/14 at 4:40pm

Pretty sure "Thank you for taking care of my heart" is all the shoutout Taye Diggs is going to get here. That one hits ya right where it hurts.

Anyone go to the signing today? How was it?

Pootie2
#45Idina Menzel - Holiday Wishes
Posted: 10/14/14 at 6:07pm

Probably crowded... In a quick Twitter sweep, all I spotted was something about B&N playing "What the F*ck" over the store speakers (really?) and the album already selling out on Amazon UK (really?).

Meanwhile, I found out I'm an idiot because I didn't actually see the Enter button on Menzel's new website, and her new website is definitely loads better than before. Oops.

hanabana
#46Idina Menzel - Holiday Wishes
Posted: 10/14/14 at 7:09pm

Just checked Target's website, and while at every store, it said In Stock this morning, now it says Not Available for every single store. I wonder if that means they're sold out already - that would be crazy. In any event, I did not want to make a trip for nothing, so I caved and paid for the shipping. Should have dropped in this morning like I planned, but I can hardly make it to work on time, so forget about Target, haha! Now I have to wait a few days to listen to it.

Pootie2
#47Idina Menzel - Holiday Wishes
Posted: 10/14/14 at 7:15pm

Well, the store stock readings on Target's website depends on your IP address and thus only local store holdings. I think. So my closest store still says "in stock" for the deluxe version and "limited stock" for the normal one. ("Store pickup not eligible" means something else entirely.)

pushdabutton Profile Photo
pushdabutton
#48Idina Menzel - Holiday Wishes
Posted: 10/14/14 at 7:45pm

I bought the deluxe version at Target on my way home from work today. I listened to the entire cd once and love it.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#49Idina Menzel - Holiday Wishes
Posted: 10/14/14 at 9:40pm

According to the website, no Target within 50 miles of my house has the cd in stock and available for purchase.

Might it be a site glitch? Updated On: 10/14/14 at 09:40 PM

Videos