News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for hanabana

Member Name: hanabana
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Laura Osnes & Aaron Tveit sing 'Winter Wonderland' to promote their new Hallmark 'Holiday' movie on Oct. 31  Nov 1 2020, 01:34:49 AM

I watched it.  Haven't watched a Hallmark movie in a long time but made an exception since Aaron and Laura are two of my favorite performers.  I didn't expect much, but was actually pleasantly surprised.  I liked the way the story flowed even though the plot is kind of cliche (which is to be expected since it's Hallmark), I think the actors working well together helped with that.  I thought the acting was great, but agree that Laura seemed more cheerful than us

Best 11 O'Clock Number Ever?  Nov 1 2018, 11:04:57 AM

I am so glad someone said "Goodbye" from Catch Me If You Can here!  I feel exactly the same way - IMO, it is truly an unforgettable moment to see this number performed live in the show.

I also think that "It All Fades Away" from the Bridges of Madison County is an amazing 11 O'clock number.  I still remember seeing it in the theater and hearing the audience react to it!  It was magical.

Extra stuff  Oct 1 2018, 11:57:11 AM

Had a great time (as usual) at the flea market yesterday.  I did not get there until about 3:45 PM, but I like the end of the day deals so it worked out.  Now that I've had some time to sort out the goodies I got, here is a list:

-  So many T-shirts and some hoodies (Nice Work if You Can Get It, Frozen, Hello Dolly, Amelie, Misery, War Paint, etc.):  They had some of those stuff a bag for $10 deals, so I was able to get all these for $25.

Laura Benanti to replace Lauren Ambrose in MY FAIR LADY  Aug 28 2018, 12:50:07 AM

Valentina3 and n2nbaby, thanks so much for the information!  How would I be able to check if there are any Linctix left for the other dates?  Since I cannot buy another Linctix at the moment, I cannot go in online to see if they have any tickets left (and I need 3 since 2 of my friends are going with me).  I am afraid that once I give up these tickets I will find out that Linctix for all other dates are sold out.  As much as I'd love to see Laura/Lauren, I would not ri

Laura Benanti to replace Lauren Ambrose in MY FAIR LADY  Aug 27 2018, 06:08:16 PM

I have no doubt that Laura Benanti will be great in this role, and very disappointed that I won't be able to catch her performance or Lauren Ambrose's.  I had specifically booked my Linctix ticket for 11/17 before this announcement, so that I can avoid the cast's vacation schedules and see Lauren Ambrose, Norbert Leo Butz, and Harry Hadden-Patton in their roles.  And then this announcement happened - I was so excited and could not believe my luck because I am a big fan o

My Fair Lady stage door?  Aug 9 2018, 12:00:26 PM

Hello everyone.  I was wondering if anyone knows if the cast would come out the stage door to sign between shows?  I am looking to see the show on a Saturday and was wondering if anyone would sign after the matinee.  Thanks in advance for any info!

Situations in Which the Best Person Didn't Win  Jun 19 2018, 01:04:44 AM

Completely agree on the Robert Cuccioli comment!  It is still very difficult to understand how the voters decided that one.  In my opinion, Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde is one of the most demanding roles in theater, and Cuccioli was simply impeccable and absolutely deserved the Tony.  And I may be in the minority for this one, but I somehow always thought of Billy Flynn as more of a featured role in Chicago, not a leading role.

Angels in America rush reports  Jun 16 2018, 10:42:34 PM

Won lottery for both parts on a Saturday, and seat was in mid-mezzanine, row M, seat 114.  A pretty good seat actually.  Of course I would have loved a close up orchestra seat, especially for this play, so I can see the facial expressions better, but my seat was right in the center, so I had a perfect view of the stage.  The performances were very moving and compelling, I am so glad to have been able to see this!

Listening to Cast Albums before seeing a Musical for the first time  Mar 21 2018, 12:57:25 PM

I stopped listening to cast recordings before seeing a show after I did that for Book of Mormon.  Knowing the lyrics really took so much away from that show.  I like to be surprised (pleasantly I hope) now.  I actually have really good restraint - have managed not to listen to Dear Even Hansen or Hamilton since I have yet to see these shows.  However, I would watch some promo videos to decide if I would be interested in a particular show.  Since the promos are us

Aaron Tveit concert 2/9/2018  Feb 10 2018, 12:08:04 PM

Smidge, thank you, I forgot about that one!  And yes, I completely agree with you, while I enjoyed the Les Miz medley, I really thought (and hoped) that he would do another encore on a more serious note.  It would've probably been a good idea to switch the placement of the Les Miz medley with another song in the set list. Overall though, the concert was gorgeous.

Aaron Tveit concert tonight - 1 ticket  Feb 10 2018, 02:00:31 AM

I was there tonight (I got a rush ticket through TodayTix, I couldn't believe it when I got through!).  I really loved the concert - thought it was absolutely marvelous!  This reminded me a lot of his show at 54 below years ago, I just cannot decide which one I loved more (I love these venues that feel a bit more personal).  He did not do any covers of pop songs tonight, and the show definitely felt very classy and suit the venue very well.  The venue is beautiful and

School of Rock Rush  Nov 16 2017, 06:54:46 PM

Does anyone have any updates on the rush for School of Rock?  I was wondering what time I'd have to line up if I want to try for tickets tomorrow.  Thanks in advance.

Songs for a father/daughter or non-romantic older man/younger woman?  Sep 21 2017, 11:08:11 AM

"The Wheel" from Tuck Everlasting maybe?

Broadway on the Radio  Aug 14 2017, 04:10:14 PM

Instead of creating a new message thread, I found this one from back in 2010.

I am from NY, and the other day, about a week or two ago, I could have sworn that I heard Dear Evan Hansen's "For Forever" on the radio.  It definitely did not seem like an advertisement for the show, because the song started from the beginning, and went on for about 15-30 seconds without interruption.  However, I was on one of those FM radio station from Connecticut or something, so t

re: American Airlines Theatre Seating Question  Aug 8 2017, 03:53:05 PM

I sat in the rear mezzanine area (forgot exactly which row, but definitely in the last 4-5 rows) for On the 20th Century, and the view was not bad at all.  You will probably not be able to see facial expressions of the performers perfectly, unless you have super vision, but it is still a great view which allows you to take in the whole set.  It's not a huge theater so I think the last few rows will be fine.  I also thought the seats were pretty nice and comfortable there.

Elsie Fest: October 8, 2017  Jul 31 2017, 04:30:18 PM

I am so happy that Elsie Fest is happening again this year!  Went to both previous ones and had so much fun.  Glad to see Corey Cott returning (if the current unconfirmed lineup is correct), he was amazing last year and is currently giving an extremely moving performance in Bandstand.  And yes, Audra and Alan would be so awesome!  Looking forward to the confirmed lineup (even though I think regardless of the lineup, it is always nice to have an event where broadway music i

Looking for a today tix code  Jun 8 2017, 02:33:54 PM

If anyone is interested, use GGVXS to save $10 on your first purchase with TodayTix.

Favorite Flops  May 31 2017, 01:50:05 PM

Catch Me If You Can  (Aaron Tveit and Norbert Leo Butz were perfection, and I love the score)

Honeymoon in Vegas  (One of the funniest shows I have ever seen)

Ghost  (Caissie Levy was awesome)

Bridges of Madison County  (Beautiful score and orchestrations, what a shame they didn't get to play more performances)

Bonnie & Clyde  (I absolutely adore the music, and Laura Osnes and Jeremy Jordan were phenomenal in their roles)

Tuc

Performances You Wish You Had Seen  Apr 24 2017, 12:01:29 PM

Here are some off the top of my hear right now:

Angela Lansbury & Len Cariou - Sweeney Todd

Robert Cuccioli & Linda Eder - Jekyll & Hyde

Alice Ripley & OBC - Next to Normal

Hugh Jackman - Boy from Oz

Cynthia Erivo - The Color Purple

Jeremy Jordan & Laura Osnes - Bonnie & Clyde

Lin-Manuel Miranda & Leslie Odom, Jr. - Hamilton

Hardest Lottery(s)  Apr 24 2017, 11:58:53 AM

I live in Queens, and even for me, 2 hours prior to show time is definitely not enough notice.  Depending on what I am doing at the time of notice, I may have to do different things to get ready to head into Manhattan, and NYC transit, especially on weekends, may not be very efficient.  I think the 2 hour notice would probably only benefit people who live in Manhattan or very close to a subway station.  I find that at least 4 hours of notice is best.  Putting down credit c

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You