pixeltracker

Premium Orchestra Seats for It's Only a Play Saturday Must Be Sold!

Fis
#1Premium Orchestra Seats for It's Only a Play Saturday Must Be Sold!
Posted: 10/14/14 at 12:45pm

Forgive me if this is a little spammy. My wife purchased these tickets the day they went on sale. Now we cannot be in NYC on Saturday. I'm not looking to make money but am just hoping to get what we paid. Given that brokers are charging over $500/ea for Premium Orchestra that seems reasonable.

3 Premium Orchestra Row H
Saturday 10/18 2:00pm
$249/ea.

Tell your friends!
Details posted here on Craigslist as well

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#2Premium Orchestra Seats for It's Only a Play Saturday Must Be Sold!
Posted: 10/14/14 at 6:34pm

Take some friendly advice

Reduce the asking price. People know you are desperate to dump them . Add to that the rather decidedly mixed reviews the show received and it is not the "hot" ticket you think it .

I would not pay what you paid for any show . What you think is a fair price may not be to most. Cut your losses and try and get whatever you can.

Poster Emeritus

Fis
#2Premium Orchestra Seats for It's Only a Play Saturday Must Be Sold!
Posted: 10/14/14 at 7:00pm

Thank you for your advice. I understand that you would never pay this price for a show. Are you offering a different amount?

I don't think the asking price is an issue, though I'll admit the late date and the fact that I have 3 tickets to sell do limit the audience. The show has been sold out for weeks and Mezzanine tickets are selling for over $200. The average sales price on StubHub for non-premium seats for this Saturday matinee (not asking price, but actual completed sale price data over the last 2 weeks) is over $625.00/ticket! Am I missing something?

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#3Premium Orchestra Seats for It's Only a Play Saturday Must Be Sold!
Posted: 10/14/14 at 7:04pm

My wife and I are both on Soc Sec (my wife was forced into it)

As a result, we rarely go and spend nowhere near this.Add to this my apathy toward Broadway.I respectfully decline.

Good luck.

Poster Emeritus

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#4Premium Orchestra Seats for It's Only a Play Saturday Must Be Sold!
Posted: 10/14/14 at 7:17pm

Roxy likes to let people know he's poor. Then he reads it to his wife and they have sex.

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#5Premium Orchestra Seats for It's Only a Play Saturday Must Be Sold!
Posted: 10/14/14 at 7:22pm

It's short notice, those aren't anywhere near front row seats, and you are reselling them. People want a discount considering you absolutely need to get rid of them. I'd sell them for $100 a piece. Oh, and it's a matinee.

JPeterman Profile Photo
JPeterman
#6Premium Orchestra Seats for It's Only a Play Saturday Must Be Sold!
Posted: 10/14/14 at 7:28pm

I assume you have a listing on stub hub? If so, it sounds like they would sell pretty quickly at your asking price if the average sale price is so much higher. As you said, you will have an issue selling 3 at once. I would offer to sell 1,2 or 3. As a person who sells tickets all the time on stub hub, I think you will sell them more effectively if you allow purchase of 1, 2, or 3. I already have tickets later this year for the play but good luck to you ... and Jordan, thank you, you made me laugh really hard :o)

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#7Premium Orchestra Seats for It's Only a Play Saturday Must Be Sold!
Posted: 10/14/14 at 7:41pm

You have very limited time. So good luck.

Updated On: 10/14/14 at 07:41 PM

Fis
#8Premium Orchestra Seats for It's Only a Play Saturday Must Be Sold!
Posted: 10/14/14 at 8:02pm

Good advice. Thanks.
And the tickets are instant delivery so StubHub will sell them up to 2 hours before curtain.

Fis
#9Premium Orchestra Seats for It's Only a Play Saturday Must Be Sold!
Posted: 10/18/14 at 5:30pm

Thanks again for the advice and the chuckles. The tickets did sell for not quite what I paid for them (after fees), though not until the last minute.

Videos