Renee Zellweger

Wildcard
#50Renee Zellweger
Posted: 10/22/14 at 4:05pm

How much of it is make-up too? Her brows are definitely not as full as her more glamorous red carpet photos

wonkit
#51Renee Zellweger
Posted: 10/22/14 at 10:57pm

Could be something as simple as a little Botox on the forehead, 15 pounds of weight loss, and she keeps her chin down when being photographed which makes her eyes look larger and her face slimmer. Plus the makeup.

jomor Profile Photo
jomor
#52Renee Zellweger
Posted: 10/23/14 at 2:54am

I think it has to be a lot more than just botox and losing weight. The features of her face have completely changed, she has had to have actual surgery done. She might look ok but I think it is such a shame, she was so cute before.

henrikegerman Profile Photo
henrikegerman
#53Renee Zellweger
Posted: 10/23/14 at 8:39am

Whatever it is, she looks remarkably different and it's absurd to disparage the public for noticing and weighing in on the look.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#54Renee Zellweger
Posted: 10/23/14 at 8:55am

NO. If you notice it and comment on it YOU ARE A SEXIST, MISOGYNISTIC PIG! Even if you say she's beautiful, YOU ARE A MAN AND AN ASSHOLE!

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#55Renee Zellweger
Posted: 10/23/14 at 1:36pm

I have to say - while she has NO obligation to comment on all of this and owes no one an explanation -the comments that she did issue about her strikingly different new face simply being a result of being happy and well rested are kinda disingenuous. Anyway, at the end of the day, whether it's more surgery, less surgery, a combination of that and lifestyle choices, I think she looks beautiful.

Jordan Catalano
#56Renee Zellweger
Posted: 10/23/14 at 1:42pm

YOU CAN'T SAY THAT. YOU ARE A PIG!

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#57Renee Zellweger
Posted: 10/23/14 at 2:13pm

Guilty! Don't worry, I'm going to spend the rest of the day reading Jezebel.

henrikegerman
#58Renee Zellweger
Posted: 10/23/14 at 2:35pm

The kneejerk faux feminist identity politics here are a little silly.

Does anyone honestly think that if Tom Cruise or Hugh Grant or Russell Crowe (to name three of Zellweger's leading men) showed up (after a pronounced Daniel Day Lewis-like absence) looking to many (if not all) of us markedly different facially than he had for the lion's share of his career, there wouldn't be a media frenzy about it complete with speculation about what he may have had done and why?

Updated On: 10/23/14 at 02:35 PM

Jordan Catalano
#59Renee Zellweger
Posted: 10/23/14 at 2:41pm

NO BECAUSE THEY ARE DISGUSTING MEN!

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#60Renee Zellweger
Posted: 10/23/14 at 2:42pm

henrikegerman, famous women get a lot more sh*t for it though. They aren't supposed to age. Although, Bruce Jenner's "face" has been a running joke for years.

Updated On: 10/23/14 at 02:42 PM

henrikegerman
#61Renee Zellweger
Posted: 10/23/14 at 2:50pm

Of course it's true that famous women get a lot more **** for it and the pressures of aging on them are markedly different, but I don't think that has much to do with the not surprising fact that there's a media frenzy over Zellweger's metamorphosis. If anything, one would think it would be less surprising to us her being a woman. And, if anything, as many have said and with which I would agree, the work she has done, if any, doesn't look like the usual make me look young and plastic work we usually see among actresses, in fact she looks older and thinner now, but - more to the point - extremely different than the way she used to look (although some disagree).

Sutton Ross
#62Renee Zellweger
Posted: 10/23/14 at 3:00pm

Yeah, she hasn't been in the public eye for a while and as she said "people don't know me in my 40's". I don't think she looks much different. I hope people can accept her comments about it and be happy for her happiness.

henrikegerman
#63Renee Zellweger
Posted: 10/23/14 at 3:10pm

I accept her comments and am happy she's happy. I just don't get the absurd criticism of the public reaction, much less the pushback on the public for being sexist merely to notice that she looks very different (those of us who think she does) and to weigh in on the change.

As she says, she's happy that we've noticed.

If she's happy, I'm happy, but I don't find it odd or objectionable that people are saying the difference in her looks is dramatic. I agree that it is.

Sutton Ross
#64Renee Zellweger
Posted: 10/23/14 at 3:18pm

I don't think anyone is sexist for noticing, not at all. I just think it's pretty funny that there is an article on her face on pretty much every news website, even days later. The outrage on her comments (she's a LIAR! GRRR!) is pretty bizarre, though.

henrikegerman
#65Renee Zellweger
Posted: 10/23/14 at 3:26pm

^agree, especially about the comments about her comments.

And, since I agree that this has gone on too long, this is the last I'll say on the subject.

Updated On: 10/23/14 at 03:26 PM

GoSmileLaughCryClap Profile Photo
GoSmileLaughCryClap
#66Renee Zellweger
Posted: 10/23/14 at 4:29pm

Jessica Lange was excoriated when she had some bad cosmetic surgery. It's interesting that she's spent the past 5 years doing some of her best work.

So much for people saying actors lose their ability to project subtle emotion after getting work done.

Sutton Ross
#67Renee Zellweger
Posted: 10/23/14 at 4:33pm

Renee Zellweger

Botox is hilarious.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#68Renee Zellweger
Posted: 10/23/14 at 4:55pm

I think Jessica Lange either had hers redone or grew into it. When she was in the tv remake of Sybil several years back her eyebrows were stuck in a constant furrow that made her look evil.

I don't think anyone should be outraged about Zellweger denying having had work done, but I can see how it could irritate someone, since she's perpetuating the unreal standards that we decry Hollywood setting for us, like the trope of the bone-thin actress "who doesn't exercise and eats anything she wants."

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#69Renee Zellweger
Posted: 10/23/14 at 11:24pm

To me she looks like she has aged...matured. Lost some of that baby fat in the face that made her look cherubic. If she has had work done, it is great work! If she claims she has had no work done, then why not believe her?

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!