pixeltracker

Shock Treatment to come to the stage- Page 2

Shock Treatment to come to the stage

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#25Shock Treatment to come to the stage
Posted: 2/3/16 at 4:39pm

I watched this this gem again last night and every time I see it I love it more.

I'm still picking up on stuff that I hadn't noticed before.

I'm probably losing objectivity by this point, but I love this movie. And as I said a year ago when I watched it last, it's never been more timely.

Whatever happened with the stage version? Anyone know?

....but the world goes 'round

FindingNamo
#26Shock Treatment to come to the stage
Posted: 2/3/16 at 4:52pm

I think I read some reviews, they weren't love letters.

But I'd rather see this than Carrie.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#27Shock Treatment to come to the stage
Posted: 2/3/16 at 4:55pm

I've been thinking about watching the movie again, because lately I've been watching Ruby Wax interviews on YouTube and the only reason I even know who Ruby Wax is is because of this movie. 

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#28Shock Treatment to come to the stage
Posted: 2/3/16 at 5:21pm

I didn't even know who she was until I saw the Liza interview you posted recently.

When I re-watched the movie last night I was like, "oh, Ruby Wax - I just discovered who she is".

....but the world goes 'round

FindingNamo
#29Shock Treatment to come to the stage
Posted: 2/3/16 at 5:40pm

When Jennifer Saunders published a compendium of AbFab scripts ten thousand ages ago, the dedication said, "I owe everything to Ruby Wax" or something like that.

Jay Lerner-Z Profile Photo
Jay Lerner-Z
#30Shock Treatment to come to the stage
Posted: 2/3/16 at 7:20pm

I love Ruby Wax! If you haven't already, apart from the Liza one, you should check out her other "Ruby Wax Meets..." interviews - Madonna, OJ Simpson, Roseanne Barr, Bette Midler, Bill Cosby and a bunch more all of which are probably up on YouTube.

Liza featured more than once, I think - which one are you referring to? The creepy David Gest era one is surreal.

Anyway, here'a a topical taster...

Beyoncé is not an ally. Actions speak louder than words, Mrs. Carter. #Dubai #$$$

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#31Shock Treatment to come to the stage
Posted: 2/3/16 at 7:26pm

The creepy David Gest era one is surreal

When I posted it on Facebook I compared it to a Fellini movie.  I enjoyed her interview with Bette Midler a lot. 

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#32Shock Treatment to come to the stage
Posted: 2/3/16 at 7:31pm

I love Ruby Wax as well...always thought she was under appreciated and uber talented which of course she is....my 1st exposure to her was like many of you the 1981 sequel to Rocky Horror - - - Shock Treatment, she played Betty Hapschatt in it.

Now I feel the need to look for my Shock Treatment  DVD and rewatch it. It's been awhile.

Jay Lerner-Z Profile Photo
Jay Lerner-Z
#33Shock Treatment to come to the stage
Posted: 2/3/16 at 7:48pm

The awkward ones are fun, but yeah, the ones like Bette Midler and Sandra Bullock -  where she really gets along with her subjects - are probably my favorites. "Here Lies Love" fans might be interested in the Imelda Marcos one.

Her memoir "How Do You Want Me?" about growing up raised by two mentally ill Jewish refugees is definitely worth a read too, if you can track it down.

Oh, and I've never seen Shock Treatment. I plan to change that soon!

Beyoncé is not an ally. Actions speak louder than words, Mrs. Carter. #Dubai #$$$
Updated On: 2/3/16 at 07:48 PM

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#34Shock Treatment to come to the stage
Posted: 2/3/16 at 10:46pm

adore the score, but I always find the rest of the movie to be worse than I remembered it. 

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#35Shock Treatment to come to the stage
Posted: 2/4/16 at 10:10pm

I watched the movie years ago and IMMEDIATELY forgot it. I sit here now, remembering putting in the VHS tape, the credits and that is it. I wasn't even partying!

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!

FindingNamo
#36Shock Treatment to come to the stage
Posted: 2/4/16 at 10:15pm

You don't remember Denton, Denton... Denton USA!

Roscoe
#37Shock Treatment to come to the stage
Posted: 2/5/16 at 2:50pm

"Hop-la, Denton!"

I remember Jessica Harper's bewitching low voice, and I remember Patricia Quinn saying, with that shark smile hers, "This is Janet!  She's a PHENOMENON!"

There's some cool things in it.

"If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about the answers." Thomas Pynchon, GRAVITY'S RAINBOW "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." Philip K. Dick My blog: http://www.roscoewrites.blogspot.com/

darquegk Profile Photo
darquegk
#38Shock Treatment to come to the stage
Posted: 2/6/16 at 11:57am

I'd like to see the stage version- apparently it threw out the screenplay, rewrote something like 90% of the script, restored elements from the "Brad and Janet Show" and "Revenge of the Old Queen" unproduced early drafts of the sequel, and pared the whole thing down from dozens of characters to a small handful like Rocky Horror.