pixeltracker

Jeremy Jordan playing Leo in PARADE- Page 6

Jeremy Jordan playing Leo in PARADE

themysteriousgrowl Profile Photo
themysteriousgrowl
#125Jeremy Jordan playing Leo in PARADE
Posted: 12/18/14 at 6:02pm

You said you have no idea why the actor's background is relevant and that you didn't start the discussion. Except that you did.

cknick used the word "Jew" but said nothing about Jeremy Jordan's background. You did.

Do you see?

CHURCH DOOR TOUCAN GAY MARKETING PUPPIES MUSICAL THEATER STAPLES PERIOD OIL BITCHY SNARK HOLES

topiflo
#126Jeremy Jordan playing Leo in PARADE
Posted: 12/18/14 at 6:05pm

cknick was comparing Leo Frank's Jewishness to Jeremy Jordan's (alleged) lack thereof. Isn't this obvious? Do I really have to explain it?

If someone said, "Al Pacino doesn't resemble an Italian from New York", don't you think it would be fair to say that Pacino's Italian background has just been brought up?

themysteriousgrowl
#127Jeremy Jordan playing Leo in PARADE
Posted: 12/18/14 at 6:07pm

Not even a little bit. That sounds like your issue.

Not to mention that cknick's overriding comparison, in any event, was physical.

CHURCH DOOR TOUCAN GAY MARKETING PUPPIES MUSICAL THEATER STAPLES PERIOD OIL BITCHY SNARK HOLES

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#128Jeremy Jordan playing Leo in PARADE
Posted: 12/18/14 at 6:09pm

Not really, since it wouldn't change that Pacino didn't read as Italian to that person for whatever reason. If someone is Jewish they can still read as non-Jewish to someone. Them being Jewish doesn't then disprove that opinion as incorrect.

topiflo
#129Jeremy Jordan playing Leo in PARADE
Posted: 12/18/14 at 6:13pm

This is a pretty ridiculous sub-discussion. You know how to avoid these conversations about actors' Jewish backgrounds? Stop saying that Jews can't play Jews, or aren't plausible as playing Jews, or don't look like Jews, or any variations on this theme.

cknick explicitly said "Jewish", in relation to the actor/character. That would mean they brought the topic up.

@haterobics Yes it does. It's ridiculous and beyond racist to say someone is implausible playing an Italian from New York when they ARE an Italian from New York. Saying it immediately brings up the actor's background, yes.
Updated On: 12/18/14 at 06:13 PM

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#130Jeremy Jordan playing Leo in PARADE
Posted: 12/18/14 at 6:14pm

growl, I don't think there's any hope here. Jeremy Jordan playing Leo in PARADE

"@haterobics Yes it does. It's ridiculous and beyond racist to say someone is implausible playing an Italian from New York when they ARE an Italian from New York. Saying it immediately brings up the actor's background, yes."

Except they are talking about how that actor reads onstage from a CASTING perspective, which has absolutely nothing to do with their actual ethnic or racial background. I know an Asian actor who wasn't being considered for an Asian show for not reading as Asian enough by the Asian composer/producer. This is nothing unique. Updated On: 12/18/14 at 06:14 PM

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#131Jeremy Jordan playing Leo in PARADE
Posted: 12/18/14 at 6:20pm

"This is a pretty ridiculous sub-discussion."

That you started with your ignorant, gross sh*t.

themysteriousgrowl
#132Jeremy Jordan playing Leo in PARADE
Posted: 12/18/14 at 6:21pm

cknick
#133Jeremy Jordan playing Leo in PARADE
Posted: 12/18/14 at 7:49pm

Sorry!! I wasn't bringing up "skinny Jew from Brooklyn" as a comment on Jeremy (or any actor's) religious affiliation. I quoted it as a line from "Big News" because it's a character description in the show and I was comparing Leo's physicality to Jeremy Jordan's. Sorry for the confusion. I don't think Jeremy's religion has anything to do with it.
Updated On: 12/18/14 at 07:49 PM

colleen_s
RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#135Jeremy Jordan playing Leo in PARADE
Posted: 2/13/15 at 12:44am

Sounds awesome. And he looks so much older, in a good way. I'm excited to hear more.

firebolts Profile Photo
firebolts
#136Jeremy Jordan playing Leo in PARADE
Posted: 2/13/15 at 1:15am

Sounding great. Never cared for Laura's voice, though, but she sounds pretty good.

Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.
Updated On: 2/13/15 at 01:15 AM

bwaybby
#137Jeremy Jordan playing Leo in PARADE
Posted: 2/13/15 at 1:20am

geez, it's a concert people. Jeremy is an amazing singer and a good actor. I saw his show at 54 below, he does the neurotic Jewish thing just fine. What more do you want? This is not for a Broadway revival! And even if it were, he's not that far off! Jewish, not Jewish, practicing Jew, non practicing jew? who cares? entertain me! it's a concert!

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#138Jeremy Jordan playing Leo in PARADE
Posted: 2/13/15 at 1:40am

I'm sorry the whole debate about his being Jewish is really, really stupid. It's acting. It's all make believe. It doesn't matter the faith of the actor, or hell, the race of the actor. Get over it.