pixeltracker

Jake Gyllenhaal Stage door- Page 3

Jake Gyllenhaal Stage door

GreasedLightning Profile Photo
GreasedLightning
#50Jake Gyllenhaal Stage door
Posted: 1/27/15 at 5:42pm

Monty: was it a matinee or an evening performance?

redgravedisciple
#51Jake Gyllenhaal Stage door
Posted: 1/27/15 at 10:05pm

I saw Jake's performance twice (on the 21st and 22nd). I have never had a bad experience being around dealers. The people I've been exposed to were never rude. This group (which was about 20) was rude as could be! Before Jake came out, they all complained about how they hated him and didn't care about him. One guy said he'd been to this stage door so much, Jake recognized him so he was now wearing a lot of winter gear to help disguise himself. When Jake came out, they flung their photos in front of him and started yelling and he looked at them, turned to the other side where everyone had Playbills, and went to them. We sadly were by the dealers so he skipped us. The dealers kept yelling at him and so he just ignored that side. He took pics with people too on the other side. The second night, we went to the other side and I bought a poster and when Jake came out, he signed my poster and I asked him if he'd sign my photo because he's been my favorite actor since "October Sky" and he said, "Awe, thanks man." and signed my photo. He also took a pic with me and was nice as could be. So basically, if you're rude or obnoxious in anyway, Jake will ignore you or just end the process and go home.

GreasedLightning
#52Jake Gyllenhaal Stage door
Posted: 1/27/15 at 11:14pm

I guess, better question is: do the actors come out an sign after matinees? Taking a friend next Saturday as a surprise and thought we'd check out the stage door afterward.

bfreak
#53Jake Gyllenhaal Stage door
Posted: 1/28/15 at 6:37am

What side were the dealers on? I would want to avoid them, I hate them too.

lostphantom
#54Jake Gyllenhaal Stage door
Posted: 1/28/15 at 10:31am

GreasedLightning,
We saw the performance twice and met Jake at the stage door few weeks ago, both during matinee (once on Thursday, once on Saturday). At the time, the doorman was saying that Jake and Ruth did not come out during sat matinee performances for the last few weeks before, but luckily they came out when we were there. I think it might be because we went after the play officially opened and that they did not come out after matinee performances during preview. Hope you and your friend can meet him!

Bfreak, when we went, the dealers were on the side closer to 8th ave. They were very annoying indeed. Jake was very strict towards them, and told them "I only sign for my fans".

GreasedLightning
#55Jake Gyllenhaal Stage door
Posted: 1/28/15 at 10:34am

Good to know, lostphantom! Thanks so much. Will report back next weekend.

bfreak
#56Jake Gyllenhaal Stage door
Posted: 1/28/15 at 1:26pm

We're they already waiting there when the show got out? I don't want it to be hard to tell.

lostphantom
#57Jake Gyllenhaal Stage door
Posted: 1/28/15 at 5:26pm

Yes, they were already there when the show is out. It's pretty easy to tell them apart.

bfreak
#58Jake Gyllenhaal Stage door
Posted: 1/28/15 at 5:33pm

Thanks. That actually really helps a lot! Props to Jake for standing up to them, most don't.

AntV
#59Jake Gyllenhaal Stage door
Posted: 2/8/15 at 5:57am

The stage door was horrible because the security does not clear the sidewalk. People begin standing there once they see too many people behind the barricades so they feel they are entitled to stand outside the barricade to be closer. So not only does it impede sidewalk traffic, but it allows those who do not follow the rules, got out later or not even saw the show to get easier access. If there's going to be barricades then everyone has to be standing behind them.

I figure this occurs because it's MTC so they do not have the Shubert, Nederlander or Jujamcyn security who knows how to handle crowds. Someone needs to complain about the impeding of sidewalk traffic to the police and then maybe when an officer shows up security will be forced to do something about it.

Plus the show has to be one of the worst things ever put on Broadway. So it was a frustrating evening.

Jspy86
#60Jake Gyllenhaal Stage door
Posted: 2/8/15 at 11:23am

@redgravedisciple. That's a shame that a lot of sellers are starting to come out for Jake. When I met him and Ruth, it was mostly the show crowd, so he signed basically all Constellations merchandise, but I'm glad you got your photo signed as you are a genuine fan.

Jspy86
#61Jake Gyllenhaal Stage door
Posted: 2/28/15 at 9:47pm

Has anybody been to Jake recently? I was curious to see if he has been signing other items besides the show merchandise. I already have him on Constellations. Thanks!

VintageSnarker
#62Jake Gyllenhaal Stage door
Posted: 3/6/15 at 7:41pm

Is there any point in trying the stage door for the Wednesday matinee?

atuomala Profile Photo
atuomala
#63Jake Gyllenhaal Stage door
Posted: 3/6/15 at 8:15pm

Performers usually have a pretty good instinct when it comes to telling their fans apart from the autograph hounds. Jake Gyllengaal draws a younger crowd of fans and the autograph sellers are usually middle-aged men with visibly poor hygiene. Not to mention Jake probably recognizes them from other events. There were a lot of sellers at his Off-Broadway debut several years ago.

"Mostly, I loved the size of these people's emotions. Nobody has emotions this size anymore. Outsized emotions. Operatic emotions. Kushemski and Vanda are like Tristan and Isolde, they're Paolo and Francesca. Nobody's in total thrall like this anymore. Nobody's overcome by passion like this, or goes through this kind of rage." Thomas, Venus in Fur

VintageSnarker
#64Jake Gyllenhaal Stage door
Posted: 3/11/15 at 5:11pm

I was at the matinee today (two show day). For the 2pm performance, Ruth came out around 4pm and Jake came out around 4:30. He was about to sign my things when people at the back of the line (not behind the barricades) rushed up to ask for photos. After taking a few photos he went back inside. Sigh...

Videos