pixeltracker

STREISAND wants to make GYPSY- Page 4

STREISAND wants to make GYPSY

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#75STREISAND wants to make GYPSY
Posted: 2/16/15 at 11:18am

But really - who cares? It's not like its some hack who wants to do it. It's a legitimate actor/director who clearly loves the material. If it works it works and if it doesn't, it doesn't. But that's to be said with any movie.

Showface
#76STREISAND wants to make GYPSY
Posted: 2/16/15 at 11:29am

Whoa...I clicked reply and that image two posts above just got 50 times bigger....what. is. that? STREISAND wants to make GYPSY

"strange few have mentioned the digital work on Meryl in INTO THE WOODS, slyly turning her 20 years younger"

Exactly. Though, I personally like to think that it was really more lighting and Streep herself rather than CGI...the technology is available! They can make her look younger if necessary.

And, I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure Barbra Streisand implied that she would be fine with using those techniques.

And regarding her moving like a 70 year old, that can be avoided by clever camera angles, etc.

The creation of this movie will not shatter the world.

lovebwy Profile Photo
lovebwy
#77STREISAND wants to make GYPSY
Posted: 2/16/15 at 11:50am

Sorry but I never thought of Meryl as anything but 60+ in Into the Woods. She just carriers herself like a 60 year old woman, which is a wonderful thing.

Gypsy just doesn't really work as a movie anyway. "Third time's the charm" doesn't quite work with movies. Babs should know this after her "Star is Born" remake!

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#78STREISAND wants to make GYPSY
Posted: 2/16/15 at 11:59am

Barbara was never that amazing of an actress.

Hershey?

Jordan Catalano
#79STREISAND wants to make GYPSY
Posted: 2/16/15 at 12:07pm

Stanwyck?

South Fl Marc Profile Photo
South Fl Marc
#80STREISAND wants to make GYPSY
Posted: 2/16/15 at 12:37pm

Bach?
Eden?

Updated On: 2/16/15 at 12:37 PM

GiantsInTheSky2 Profile Photo
GiantsInTheSky2
#81STREISAND wants to make GYPSY
Posted: 2/16/15 at 2:46pm

Baba Wawa?

I am big. It’s the REVIVALS that got small.

Claudia Draper
#82STREISAND wants to make GYPSY
Posted: 3/30/15 at 2:05pm

http://playbill.com/news/article/richard-lagravenese-discusses-screenplay-for-barbra-streisand-gypsy-345449

Lady Gaga? It's happening soon, people. Sharpen those knives, haters!!

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#83STREISAND wants to make GYPSY
Posted: 3/30/15 at 2:08pm

Wonder if Sondheim had to approve the Gaga casting?

Jordan Catalano
#84STREISAND wants to make GYPSY
Posted: 3/30/15 at 2:09pm

Good question considering he was none too impressed with her Oscars performance.

enjoyable2
#85STREISAND wants to make GYPSY
Posted: 3/30/15 at 2:34pm

I beg Sondheim to forbid this as well as make a provision in his will that she cannot touch Gypsy for the next 30 years. Streisand's best work was over by the early 70s. I adored her in her early days but not for decades since.

broadwayboy223
#86STREISAND wants to make GYPSY
Posted: 3/30/15 at 3:32pm

I think Gaga would make a great Louise but maybe its just me. I seriously hope this happens. I would kill to see Babs do Mama Rose. On a side note wouldn't it be fun if Barbra returned to Broadway for one night only to do a a concert fundraiser of Funny Girl? Surely it would be a hit.

enjoyable2
#87STREISAND wants to make GYPSY
Posted: 3/30/15 at 3:35pm

I heard her sing recently and thought that her every note was an effort. Her performance was completely over-arranged and managed in order to support what's left of her voice. It was painful to watch and worse to listen to. She shouldn't be allowed within a continent's width of Gypsy.

Jordan Catalano
#88STREISAND wants to make GYPSY
Posted: 3/30/15 at 3:36pm

"I beg Sondheim to forbid this as well as make a provision in his will that she cannot touch Gypsy for the next 30 years."

So you want her to make it when she's 102?

ZannaDo
#89STREISAND wants to make GYPSY
Posted: 3/30/15 at 4:00pm

Odd, I heard Jessie Mueller had been cast as Louise. Though obviously if Gaga were interested, I'm sure they'd get rid of Mueller and go with the bigger name.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#90STREISAND wants to make GYPSY
Posted: 3/30/15 at 4:42pm

I wonder who Gaga's performance will be an homage to? I hope she plays Bjork in Dancer in the Dark as Louise.

Jordan Catalano
#91STREISAND wants to make GYPSY
Posted: 3/30/15 at 4:44pm

And she can do a striptease hanging from a noose!

Phillypinto Profile Photo
Phillypinto
#92STREISAND wants to make GYPSY
Posted: 3/30/15 at 4:50pm

I adore them both! I think Gaga would be amazing in the strip scenes, but Jessie would give an incredible performance as a whole. Plus she reminds me of Barbra!

Use my fabulous TodayTix code: JEYCY

Wilmingtom
#93STREISAND wants to make GYPSY
Posted: 3/30/15 at 5:55pm

Gaga would play Streisand's granddaughter. Alice Ripley is more the right age for this production.

Demitri2 Profile Photo
Demitri2
#94STREISAND wants to make GYPSY
Posted: 3/30/15 at 10:01pm

If they have Rose giving birth to Louise as a teenage mom in this version, Madonna could play Streisand's daughter and moon the audience again with her geriatric ass. Or they could have her play the other daughter and call her Baby Jane.

Updated On: 3/30/15 at 10:01 PM

Jordan Catalano
#95STREISAND wants to make GYPSY
Posted: 3/30/15 at 10:05pm

The age jokes are so funny. Each one is just so different and funnier than the one a few minutes before it. I'm laughing hard. So hard.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#96STREISAND wants to make GYPSY
Posted: 3/30/15 at 10:11pm

Jeez, where was everybody when a nearly 60 Meryl played a 40 year old in Mamma Mia.

Jordan Catalano
#97STREISAND wants to make GYPSY
Posted: 3/30/15 at 10:24pm

They weren't born yet.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#98STREISAND wants to make GYPSY
Posted: 3/30/15 at 10:26pm

LOL!

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#99STREISAND wants to make GYPSY
Posted: 3/30/15 at 10:28pm

I heard a rumor that Barbra had actually secretly shot the entire film already and was almost done editing it She's planning to do a Beyoncé-style surprise drop on on iTunes out of the blue.