What's next for Idina?

TFMH18 Profile Photo
TFMH18
#1What's next for Idina?
Posted: 1/10/15 at 8:33pm

I know she has the upcoming world tour, but that wraps up at the end of the summer so I'm wondering, what do we think she'll do after that?

I personally hope she tries to do something on broadway again. Maybe even a play. Thoughts?

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#2What's next for Idina?
Posted: 1/10/15 at 8:42pm

She said in a recent interview that she'd likely move back to Los Angeles once she's done with IF/THEN, given that Taye Diggs is based there and they share custody of their son.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.

Pootie2
#2What's next for Idina?
Posted: 1/10/15 at 8:44pm

I think it was a recent interview (Playbill?) where she mentioned something about a couple projects in development. Can't find a cite at the moment, though.

She'll be back on Broadway. She has to be; I mean, she got a Tony nom in this return. A straight play is an intriguing idea, though. Hmmm.

Edit: ^About that move to CA, she said she was thinking about it, and only for a couple months (then the tour would start, I think). However, I believe that was the published interview with a couple factual errors (Frozen 2, and that IF/THEN was closing in Feb).

#BoycottTrumplikePattiMurin
Updated On: 1/10/15 at 08:44 PM

Tking0012
#3What's next for Idina?
Posted: 1/10/15 at 8:48pm

Well Rent will be 20 years old soon and Anthony Rapp is still around. I call for a OBC reunion

Updated On: 1/10/15 at 08:48 PM

gleek4114 Profile Photo
gleek4114
#4What's next for Idina?
Posted: 1/10/15 at 9:51pm

^ Seconded!

Pootie2
#5What's next for Idina?
Posted: 1/10/15 at 9:57pm

Ooh, yes.

OperaBwayLover Profile Photo
OperaBwayLover
#6What's next for Idina?
Posted: 1/10/15 at 10:16pm

Aren't they ALL still around, though?

FindingNamo
#7What's next for Idina?
Posted: 1/10/15 at 10:22pm

Angel died.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

sephyr
#8What's next for Idina?
Posted: 1/10/15 at 11:17pm

I can hear it now Celebrate 20 Years of Life in Love: RENT in Concert at 54 Below lol!! I'd be there in a heartbeat.

Also I see Frozen 2, a shows, maybe an album of covers or original material (striking while the iron's hot), and a TV special. I want her to succeed in the music industry with her own material which is really good too.

Broadwaydreaming Profile Photo
Broadwaydreaming
#9What's next for Idina?
Posted: 1/10/15 at 11:22pm

I'm assuming she'll be apart of the probable second installment of the Frozen obsession. If not, I can see her laying low for awhile. I would love to see her in a play at some point.

Pootie2
#10What's next for Idina?
Posted: 1/10/15 at 11:24pm

"Let It Go" being Menzel's "break-out" mainstream hit in a theatrical vein has been an interesting ride. The shut-out at the Grammys, however, sent a different message from the music industry. But a solo album in the next year or so should do a lot better than her previous recordings (her holiday CD did pretty well), at any rate.

Updated On: 1/10/15 at 11:24 PM

oncemorewithfeeling2 Profile Photo
oncemorewithfeeling2
#11What's next for Idina?
Posted: 1/11/15 at 12:54am

I suspect a nap and a nice sandwich are lined up for her. It's hard doing a show for a year without any substantial breaks.

I think Ms. Menzel will spend the next few months lying low in prepartion for her tour. After the tour, I could see her going back to television or film. We'll see her again on Broadway, but I don't think that will happen for 6 or 7 years. I know she's expressed how happy she is doing If/Then, but she's also expressed how totally draining and exhausting it is.

Claudia Draper
#12What's next for Idina?
Posted: 1/11/15 at 12:58am

Why not an LA run of IF/THEN.. Josh is from California too. I see it as a possibility

Claudia Draper
#13What's next for Idina?
Posted: 1/11/15 at 12:58am

Why not an LA run of IF/THEN.. Josh is from California too. I see it as a possibility

Pootie2
#14What's next for Idina?
Posted: 1/11/15 at 1:36am

@oncemorewithfeeling2:
Well, the role of Elizabeth is pretty exceptional, though, so future roles may not compare in the stamina department. One reason why LaChanze took the featured role was because it's less taxing and she can spend more energy on family. The more I think about it, the more intrigued I am about Menzel being cast in a straight play. Those take less time to develop and are cheaper to mount... Her high belt is "controversial," but she does have acting chops. When Menzel interviewed for the Enchanted film, she did say that she was flattered to have been hired for acting and not singing. So maybe it can happen with a straight play.

Updated On: 1/11/15 at 01:36 AM

TFMH18 Profile Photo
TFMH18
#15What's next for Idina?
Posted: 1/11/15 at 11:44am

I heard a little while ago that during the summer she participated in a reading of Loman Family Picnic, which is a play.

Obviously she is known for her voice, but in interviews and stuff, it seems like she really does want to prove that she's also a talented actress. I think a play might be a great move for her (plus as others have said, it would be much less taxing physically).