pixeltracker

NBC To "Ease On Down The Road"?- Page 2

NBC To "Ease On Down The Road"?

Starship
#25NBC To
Posted: 1/16/15 at 12:59pm

I kinda feel like casting for The Wiz is dependent on NBC getting someone like Solange Knowles or Michelle Williams.

little_sally Profile Photo
little_sally
#26NBC To
Posted: 1/16/15 at 1:01pm

Does Taraji P. Henson sing? I'd like to see her as Evillene.

A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.

ggersten Profile Photo
ggersten
#27NBC To
Posted: 1/16/15 at 1:03pm

Usher for The Wiz;
Aretha might bring in some viewers, else Lillias White for Eveline;
Audra is already locked in for Glinda or Aunt Em;
Raven for Addaperle.
Brian Stokes Mitchell for the Lion.
Bruno Mars for Scarecrow.

Starship
#28NBC To
Posted: 1/16/15 at 1:05pm

Eric Stonestreet would make a hysterical Lion and I agree Audra is most likely already locked down. I feel like Usher and Bruno won't have the time to set aside for the rehearsals.

Updated On: 1/16/15 at 01:05 PM

Gothampc
#29NBC To
Posted: 1/16/15 at 1:06pm

Can some of the music be transposed? I'd like to see NeNe Leakes as the Lion.

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

Starship
#30NBC To
Posted: 1/16/15 at 1:07pm

Jokes aside, NeNe Leakes as Addapearle would be hilarious.

little_sally
#31NBC To
Posted: 1/16/15 at 1:08pm

Nothing about their casting in the last two years says they're going to get huge names. Carrie Underwood is a superstar but she also already had a relationship with NBC. I can't see them getting someone like Bruno Mars.

JohnyBroadway
#32NBC To
Posted: 1/16/15 at 1:09pm

Is Beyoncé to far fetched of a possibility.

seaweedjstubbs Profile Photo
seaweedjstubbs
#33NBC To
Posted: 1/16/15 at 1:10pm

If James Monroe Iglehart could get away from Aladdin for a bit, I'd love to see him as the Lion! I also think Billy Porter would be a great Lion as well! I could dream cast this all day, but I don't want to get my hopes too high! I'm just so excited that this may possibly be happening!

Gothampc
#34NBC To
Posted: 1/16/15 at 1:10pm

"Aretha might bring in some viewers, else Lillias White for Eveline"

I doubt they would choose Lillias White for Evillene as she's not well known enough. They'll choose a diva because the role is specatuclar enough to get one, but the actress doesn't have to give her life to the role. So if not Aretha, they'll probably look at Patti LaBelle.

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

little_sally
#35NBC To
Posted: 1/16/15 at 1:11pm

Iglehart was the Lion at City Centers and he was fantastic.

Starship
#36NBC To
Posted: 1/16/15 at 1:12pm

There's a lot of casting possibilities for vocalists like Patti LaBelle or Keke Palmer that carry a name. However, as little_sally said, it'd be near impossible to get a huge A list name, especially considering Peter Pan's ratings.

Updated On: 1/16/15 at 01:12 PM

Gothampc
#37NBC To
Posted: 1/16/15 at 1:12pm

"Jokes aside, NeNe Leakes as Addapearle would be hilarious."

But is the part big enough for her to sign on?

seaweedjstubbs Profile Photo
seaweedjstubbs
#38NBC To
Posted: 1/16/15 at 1:20pm

You never know........THE WIZ holds a very special place in the hearts of many African American performers. At least, it does in mine! I wouldn't be too shocked if they did get a big A-list star for one of the roles, even if it was a smaller cameo like Minnie Driver in Peter Pan this year. Maybe my excitement is clouding my thinking, but I really do think they could pull off something great with THE WIZ and get a few big names to do it.

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#39NBC To
Posted: 1/16/15 at 1:24pm

@ little_sally: Taraji P. Henson does sing.

My vote also goes to THE WIZ. THE MUSIC MAN is overdone and there are already 2 filmed versions of it. THE WIZ would be great because it would expose a whole new generation to the original version of the show as opposed to the heavily revised 1978 film.

Keep in mind that in the original stage version Dorothy was a young girl and not a 24 year old kindergarten teacher from Harlem. So whoever is cast has to come off as age appropriate.

Showface
#40NBC To
Posted: 1/16/15 at 1:25pm

How about an unknown for Dorothy? Or they could get China-Anne McClain.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#41NBC To
Posted: 1/16/15 at 1:26pm

Bill Cosby as The Wiz!

Mr. Nowack Profile Photo
Mr. Nowack
#42NBC To
Posted: 1/16/15 at 1:27pm

I could see it being the most successful broadcast yet. The Wiz is a very well-known and well-loved movie and show, and the opportunities for star casting are insane.

Keeping BroadwayWorld Illustrated

lovebwy Profile Photo
lovebwy
#43NBC To
Posted: 1/16/15 at 1:28pm

Vanessa Williams as Glinda

Starship
#44NBC To
Posted: 1/16/15 at 1:30pm

VANESSA WILLIAMS!! A million yeses. Truly and honestly The Wiz is the best choice. Such a ridiculous amount of casting opportunities. Updated On: 1/16/15 at 01:30 PM

Showface
#45NBC To
Posted: 1/16/15 at 1:30pm

That's a cool thing about well known plays/musicals they don't need to go have stars everywhere. The Wiz is so well known and loved, people will tune in anyway. I hope that Dorothy leaves the "real world" the sets are extravagant, and the colors pop. I was disappointed with the lack of popping colors in Peter Pan this year...it all seemed pretty muted.

Updated On: 1/16/15 at 01:30 PM

Starship
#46NBC To
Posted: 1/16/15 at 1:31pm

The Peter Pan set looked like something from a high school production of Seussical....I didn't enjoy it.

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#47NBC To
Posted: 1/16/15 at 1:34pm

The Peter Pan set looked like something from a high school production of Seussical....I didn't enjoy it

This is totally relevant to the conversation!

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

Gothampc
#48NBC To
Posted: 1/16/15 at 1:35pm

"The Peter Pan set looked like something from a high school production of Seussical....I didn't enjoy it."

I liked the opening shot where the camera travels over London and through the window of the house. But I was also expecting something brilliant, especially when they were flying, which the flying sequence was the weakest link in the show.

Mr. Nowack Profile Photo
Mr. Nowack
#49NBC To
Posted: 1/16/15 at 1:37pm

Yeah the Peter Pan set was terrible. Little imagination and looked cheap as hell.

Keeping BroadwayWorld Illustrated