Elaine Paige News

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#25Elaine Paige News
Posted: 1/22/15 at 6:04pm

She is doing a revival of J/H

It will be modeled after that trashy movie Dr Jekyll & Sister Hyde . She goes back & forth between her & Lupone.

Poster Emeritus

AvenueQResident Profile Photo
AvenueQResident
#26Elaine Paige News
Posted: 1/22/15 at 8:32pm

She's Dewey Finn in School of Rock.

Everything in life...is only for now.

Gothampc
#27Elaine Paige News
Posted: 1/22/15 at 8:45pm

Word on the street says that Elaine is teaming up with Elton John to do a musical based on the lives of Waylon Flowers and Madame.

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

broadwayboy223
#28Elaine Paige News
Posted: 1/22/15 at 8:47pm

She will be playing Patti Lupone in the new musical I Hate Andrew Lloyd Webber. Musical numbers include his greatest hits

Auggie27 Profile Photo
Auggie27
#29Elaine Paige News
Posted: 1/22/15 at 9:21pm

All right, I'll be really sentimental: if she were to recreate her CATS performance, in her late 60s, it would be simply stunning. I have zero interest in the show, but would go. I saw the original production, 6 weeks into its run, when it was just ... you know, a show ... in the West End. It would take guts, and it would be, in sheer theatrical nostalgic terms, deeply moving, the show itself might even move forward.

"I'm a comedian, but in my spare time, things bother me." Garry Shandling

philly03 Profile Photo
philly03
#30Elaine Paige News
Posted: 1/22/15 at 9:42pm

I also love Elaine Paige and am looking forward to whatever she's going to be doing. Goth just completely made this thread and I couldn't look back.

Auggie27 Profile Photo
Auggie27
#31Elaine Paige News
Posted: 1/22/15 at 10:09pm

A final word: I saw Paige in FOLLIES in DC, and then on B'way. I was lucky to see one of the two performances when they removed the intermission, post a session with Sondheim. That night, Paige nailed "I'm Still Here" with an almost iconic gravitas. She built the lyric with precision. It was unforgettable. I went back about 3 months later, she was still fine, but that night, the muse was in the building, and she owned the character and song as few have. And I'm a die-hard original production fanatic, having seen it twice in my youth.

"I'm a comedian, but in my spare time, things bother me." Garry Shandling

imeldasturn Profile Photo
imeldasturn
#32Elaine Paige News
Posted: 1/23/15 at 1:39am

ahah some of these ideas are very nice and must happen!

But maybe she'll announce she's going to reprise her role as Carlotta in the upcoming RAH Follies concert.