Lauren in Kinky Boots

A1st
#1Lauren in Kinky Boots
Posted: 1/26/15 at 12:12am

I did a lot of searching to find if a thread existed, and if I missed one I am so sorry! Oh and possible spoiler for anyone who hasn't seen the show!

My question is: Why is Lauren the only one in Kinky Boots who does not wear boots at the end during Raise You Up/Just Be? Everyone else does, but why does she only wears pink high heels?

Updated On: 1/26/15 at 12:12 AM

JamesBroadwayWiner Profile Photo
JamesBroadwayWiner
#2Lauren in Kinky Boots
Posted: 1/26/15 at 12:22am

That's actually a good question. Maybe because she was already at the Milan show and wasnt wearing boots to begin with, but Lola, the Angels, and the factory workers all came to support Charlie and thus brought boots with them? Idk for sure but there is probably a better explanation.

"Brevity is the soul of wit"--Hamlet

A1st
#2Lauren in Kinky Boots
Posted: 1/26/15 at 12:42am

^ But isn't George at the Milan show too, and he wears them in the end like everyone else

darreyl102 Profile Photo
darreyl102
#3Lauren in Kinky Boots
Posted: 1/26/15 at 1:00am

Lauren in Kinky Boots

She DOES wear boots- just not high ones, she wears ankle high boots, not pink high heels

Darreyl with an L!

broadwaysfguy
#4Lauren in Kinky Boots
Posted: 1/26/15 at 2:39am

lauren is in boots as the other post says
I think the only cast member that doesnt slip into boots is Eugene Barry Hill, who plays one of the factory workers, the delivery guy with the returns, and Lolas father. Eugene said there were a number of injuries by dancers in the first months included a fractured ankle....

be careful trying this in your own home

A1st
#5Lauren in Kinky Boots
Posted: 1/26/15 at 1:40pm

Oh I see now hers are just ankle height, anyone know the reason behind that? It doesn't seem like they are any easier to walk in, but I do have 0 experience with walking in heels!

wicked4l
#6Lauren in Kinky Boots
Posted: 1/26/15 at 1:45pm

I actually met Gregg Barnes at a conference and asked him this exact question. The only reason she's not in them is because there is simply not enough time for her to change into thigh highs. He said that he got that question a lot and was hoping to put her in boots for the tour. That didn't happen unfortunately. It bothers me, why is Nicola in boots. Her and Charlie are broken up and she doesn't support the factory's new line of shoes... it makes no sense that she's even there.

Updated On: 1/26/15 at 01:45 PM

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#7Lauren in Kinky Boots
Posted: 1/26/15 at 1:45pm

"I do have 0 experience with walking in heels!"

That can be remedied pretty easily.

Everlast85 Profile Photo
Everlast85
#8Lauren in Kinky Boots
Posted: 1/27/15 at 2:48am

"it makes no sense that she's even there."

I thought that as well, but I think in an interview the writers said they didn't want to make Nicola a villain, or someone to be hated.

darreyl102 Profile Photo
darreyl102
#9Lauren in Kinky Boots
Posted: 1/27/15 at 6:15am

@ A1st - it's all in the toes. Generally Boots are much easier to walk in the high heels/stilettos. Mainly because boots are easier to stay on your feet. I have never understood why people seem to have problems walking/dancing in heels- it's a piece of cake for me. LOL

Darreyl with an L!

KathyNYC2
#10Lauren in Kinky Boots
Posted: 1/27/15 at 7:14am

^^ I also questioned Nicola being there....Did the character had a change of heart and decided to be there to support Charlie, knowing they weren't meant to be together but would support him as a person? Or did they want to just put everyone in the final number?

The answer was the latter - It was pointed out to me that they also have young Charlie and young Lola there too and obviously they can't actually be there in Milan either.(and they would no longer be children)..and they are also in the finale. They DID not want Nicola to be looked at as a villain...in the movie, she has an affair but here, she and Charlie just want different things. She does kiss him when she leaves..so maybe the first option would not be impossible as well.