pixeltracker

BroadwayCon - A convention for Broadway fans- Page 13

BroadwayCon - A convention for Broadway fans

LightsOut90
#300BroadwayCon:
Posted: 1/22/16 at 12:23am

i sadly am beginning to see this is going to be a big old cluster **** and whomever is running the social media needs to be fired for not responding to peoples questions

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#301BroadwayCon:
Posted: 1/22/16 at 12:29am

I'm surprised they've been so unresponsive to so many people. And why aren't the Les Miz and Phantom panels up on the Sched.org yet? The people running this may be new at running a Broadway convention, but not a convention period.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

LightsOut90
#302BroadwayCon:
Posted: 1/22/16 at 12:39am

totally missed the tweet mentioning Tom Kitt, Brian Yorkey, Skylar Astin, Cortney Reed and Billy Porter dropped out. 

_IrisTInkerbell Profile Photo
_IrisTInkerbell
#303BroadwayCon:
Posted: 1/22/16 at 1:35am

I just got a reply to my email. Re lines/room clearing:

"Each program does have a capacity that is limited to the size of the room where the program is held. However, most time slots have multiple programs happening at the same time so that should help to limit the number of people attempting to access each individual program. I don't expect there to be lines for these panels but I cannot guarantee it. Unless there is a gap in the schedule (usually to accommodate a rehearsal or some other set-up, then we will not be clearing the rooms between panels. If you would like to attend back-to-back panels, you may remain seated."

pickles2
#304BroadwayCon:
Posted: 1/22/16 at 7:07am

LightsOut90 said: "i sadly am beginning to see this is going to be a big old cluster **** and whomever is running the social media needs to be fired for not responding to peoples questions

"

How strange. I emailed them a few times with questions and always got a response within a day, even on the weekend.

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#305BroadwayCon:
Posted: 1/22/16 at 8:27am

It's today! See everyone soon, who is going today. I decided to wear my Bombshell concert shirt today instead. Will also be wearing a black hoodie with a Bye Bye Birdie and my Avenue Q "It Sucks to Be Me buttons. Feel free to say hi.

"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates

Matchi Profile Photo
Matchi
#306BroadwayCon:
Posted: 1/22/16 at 2:38pm

Update. 

First panel sessions at 12 turned away hundreds of people bc of space (only 2). 1 pm better. 

Now I think the entire convention is skipping 2pm panels waiting in line for mainstage at 3:30. Utter chaos. Staff can't control. Cluster ****. 

"I don't think you'll ever be a kid again, kiddo."

mariel9 Profile Photo
mariel9
#307BroadwayCon:
Posted: 1/22/16 at 2:53pm

Line management for 3:30 panel a disaster. Line has looped around so many times it's just a blob at this point. 

ren598
#308BroadwayCon:
Posted: 1/22/16 at 3:22pm

It's a disaster trying to get in for the 3:30 official opening.  Not sure where the line is.  And wer have no direction on what we're doing.

_IrisTInkerbell Profile Photo
_IrisTInkerbell
#309BroadwayCon:
Posted: 1/22/16 at 3:25pm

Oh dear.

But can redirecting everyone into the experience topic, that's exactly what it was created for: https://forum.broadwayworld.com/readmessage.php?thread=1089783&dt=4

amoni Profile Photo
amoni
#310BroadwayCon:
Posted: 1/22/16 at 4:30pm

Maybe next year, IF there is a next year they could perhaps schedule it in the spring and not in the dead of winter.

neonlightsxo
#311BroadwayCon:
Posted: 1/22/16 at 4:34pm

Good idea, but the reason it's being held in late January is, I assume, to attract tourists. This is a notoriously slow time of year for Broadway & NYC tourism in general. If they're receiving any money from the city, that is probably why.

JM226
#312BroadwayCon:
Posted: 1/22/16 at 4:53pm

been here since the start of today. poorly mismanaged. terrible crowd control. no organization. DISSAPOINTED 

Emmaloucbway
#313BroadwayCon:
Posted: 1/22/16 at 9:23pm

Arrived at the Hilton tonight and attending the con tomorrow and Sunday. 

I have a question: if you didn't get into any of the autograph panels could you still attempt to wait in the line without priority or is there absolutely no way to get in without a ticket? 

Pootie2
#314BroadwayCon:
Posted: 1/22/16 at 10:08pm

Emmaloucbway said: "Arrived at the Hilton tonight and attending the con tomorrow and Sunday. 

I have a question: if you didn't get into any of the autograph panels could you still attempt to wait in the line without priority or is there absolutely no way to get in without a ticket? "

According to Anthony Rapp, they simply went with the raffle system "to maximize (your) time" or something. If you didn't get a spot, there's no other option, sadly. Feel free to post your experiences in the other thread tomorrow. I'm curious to read it. :)  https://forum.broadwayworld.com/readmessage.php?thread=1089783&dt=4

#BoycottTrumplikePattiMurin

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#315BroadwayCon:
Posted: 4/6/16 at 4:15pm

2017 news!

http://www.playbill.com/article/broadwaycon-expands-to-javits-center-for-2017-with-parade-of-stars

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt