pixeltracker

Hamilton Cancellation Line- Page 173

Hamilton Cancellation Line

kiarajw
#4300Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/14/17 at 10:08am

Hello! I'm going to try the cancellation line for the matinee for the first time tomorrow. To those who have recently gotten into the matinee what time do you recommend lining up? I am hopefully planning on buying the face value tickets rather than SRO. 

Burgcenafan
#4301Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/14/17 at 7:23pm

What is a good time to show up for the line for an evening show on a two show day. Also how does the line work for the evening show?

10086Sundays
#4302Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/15/17 at 11:15am

It's all one line.  If you want the evening show, but end up at the front before the matinee, they'll just take the people behind you who want matinee tickets.  If you want to guarantee you get tickets, show up by 8am.  If you're willing to risk it, come just after the matinee has started.  The line has become very unpredictable since its not as in demand anymore.  Sometimes it's long, sometimes it's not.

yaoqian
#4303Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/15/17 at 11:31am

I waited in line a couple days ago (Wednesday 7/12) for the matinee show. I went in line 12:30 and was around the 17th in line. I was losing hope because it's past the "lottery winner payment deadline" for quite a long time and I'm assuming they are already out of tickets, but I had nothing else to do so I stayed. During the process, three people left because they wanted to try Great Comet, and 4 people wanted sro. With tickets being released now and then, I was the first in line five minutes before curtain. I ended up getting a seat! I was the second to last that got a seat, and I was orchestra G102. AMAZING seat for 230 bucks! Center orchestra slightly to the right. Not sure how many sro was released, but at least five since the friend of the person sitting next to me got an sro and she was behind the four that wanted sro in front of me.

openstage2
#4304Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/18/17 at 2:54pm

I know that you need to arrive before 8 am for an SRO or cancelled ticket - I need just 1.  The question is how long would you predict I'd have to wait for an eve show on a 2 show day?  Right up to 8 pm curtain or earlier?

Angela Remington
#4305Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/18/17 at 3:14pm

You don't necessarily need to get in line prior to 8am.  It depends on the day as some days have alot of people waiting and others not very many.  I went on a Thursday, which is a 1 show day, and didn't get to the line until 1:30pm.  Ended up getting a ticket 5 minutes prior to show starting.  I've remember an earlier post of there being no line at all one day and someone just walked up to the box office and requested a cancellation ticket and got one.  

SarahNYC2
#4306Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/18/17 at 4:24pm

Angela Remington said: "You don't necessarily need to get in line prior to 8am.  It depends on the day as some days have alot of people waiting and others not very many.  I went on a Thursday, which is a 1 show day, and didn't get to the line until 1:30pm.  Ended up getting a ticket 5 minutes prior to show starting.  I've remember an earlier post of there being no line at all one day and someone just walked up to the box office and requested a cancellation ticket and got one.  

That was me! It was friday june 30th-got there about 3:30pm. Literally walked up and got a ticket. I do think that was an exception. 

"

openstage2
#4307Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/24/17 at 7:52am

Some good news!  Last Christmas I bought prime seats for my wife and daughter (Row Q Orch) for the Sat night show, but couldn't afford one for myself.  I figured it was a long shot, but I went to the cancellation line hoping to get one for myself.  Arrived at 6 and there were 15 ahead of me. StubHub showed 12 seats still on sale.  The first 2 or 3 bought regular seats and the rest of us got SRO tix. The person at the front arrived inline around 4.  Good luck!

Rainah
#4308Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/24/17 at 9:14am

Did the cancellation line saturday July 15th, for the evening show only. Arrived 1:30 with my partner, we ended up 9th and 10th in the end.

Sidenote: If you arrive before the matinee starts and only want the evening show, there is a separate line! We could have been 5/6 if we'd known, instead of ending up at the end of the matinee line and then moving over.

We were 15/16 originally, then some people left after deciding that after waiting for the matinee it wasn't worth waiting longer, and we moved up to 9/10. Tickets went slowly throughout, mostly later on. We received center orch row F at about 25min to curtain. At my best guess there were about 14 tickets given out in total, much less than usual (There were 25ish for the matinee, according to reports).

It was so so worth it. Seeing Javier as Hamilton alone was worth it. Aside from one rather rude lady behind us the line was great, lots of passionate fans that were great to talk to. Time went fast, especially when we stopped giving a damn about pride and sat down on the (not very nice) ground. Bring lots of water! 

broadwaysfguy
#4309Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/24/17 at 3:55pm

Any hamilton fans interested in cancellation line sitting for me (us) for wed July 26th 8pm show?

I think ive seen posts where the fee is me paying for your ticket, which would be fine up to $250/ea per seat

If interested and you are reliable and in for doing this, please pm me 

thanks!

Texas Tanya
#4310Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/24/17 at 7:15pm

Any recommendations on the best day to stand in the cancellation line?  Our options would be Aug 12th (but cannot get to line until probably 1), August 13 or August 15th.  My kids would stand in line every single day all day in hopes of getting tickets but we just cannot dedicate the entire vacation to Hamilton.  :)

10086Sundays
#4311Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/24/17 at 7:29pm

Texas Tanya said: "Any recommendations on the best day to stand in the cancellation line?  Our options would be Aug 12th (but cannot get to line until probably 1), August 13 or August 15th.  My kids would stand in line every single day all day in hopes of getting tickets but we just cannot dedicate the entire vacation to Hamilton.  :)"

I would say, go by the theater on the 12th when you can and if the line isn't long, jump in.  If there is a long line, then come back early(like 7/8am) on the 13th, that way you only lose 1/2 a day since it's a matinee only day. Depending on how many tickets you need, not everyone needs to be in the line the whole time, so you can switch out.

Also, have everyone enter the on-line lotto, you just might get lucky and win enough tickets.

Texas Tanya
#4312Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/24/17 at 9:03pm

Thank you!!!  That was kind of our plan.....check it out Saturday and see what the line looks like.  I thought it would be impossible but I'm seeing some of these posts with people getting tix getting in line early afternoon on Saturday.  Just wasn't sure about Sunday vs Tuesday but you are right, Sunday would mean less time in line.

I've read so many different things about the standing in line!  I have a 12 and 14 year old.  I'm hoping my husband and one kid can stand in line and maybe we can switch out?  Trying to prepare my kids for the very real possibility that we could stand in line for a very long time and still not get tickets!  

We can pay with credit card, right?  I really don't want to be walking the streets of NYC with cash.  I swear I read somewhere that it was best to bring cash?  Maybe that is in case someone is trying to sell tickets?

chuckydisc
#4313Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/24/17 at 9:35pm

Texas Tanya said: "Thank you!!!  That was kind of our plan.....check it out Saturday and see what the line looks like.  I thought it would be impossible but I'm seeing some of these posts with people getting tix getting in line early afternoon on Saturday.  Just wasn't sure about Sunday vs Tuesday but you are right, Sunday would mean less time in line.

I've read so many different things about the standing in line!  I have a 12 and 14 year old.  I'm hoping my husband and one kid can stand in line and maybe we can switch out?  Trying to prepare my kids for the very real possibility that we could stand in line for a very long time and still not get tickets!  

We can pay with credit card, right?  I really don't want to be walking the streets of NYC with cash.  I swear I read somewhere that it was best to bring cash?  Maybe that is in case someone is trying to sell tickets?
"

Officially swapping is not allowed, though you could call it an extended break.

If you want the kids not to worry just get there extra early.

Bring a 2nd credit card just in case the first doesn't work.  Cash isn't needed ever as you could simply take a street seller, who are rare these days, to a nearby ATM.

10086Sundays
#4314Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/24/17 at 9:43pm

Texas Tanya said: "Thank you!!!  That was kind of our plan.....check it out Saturday and see what the line looks like.  I thought it would be impossible but I'm seeing some of these posts with people getting tix getting in line early afternoon on Saturday.  Just wasn't sure about Sunday vs Tuesday but you are right, Sunday would mean less time in line."

The line has become unpredictable since the show is not the #1 draw anymore. I would also think about how you would want to handle if they only have 2 tickets available and whether you'd want to split up and see it on different days/nights or either everyone sees it or no one does. Also, consider how to handle it if you end up getting 2 seats and 2 SRO.  Who goes where?  Your kids are old enough that they could sit by themselves. I've also volunteered to keep an eye on a young teenager who ended up in the seat next to me when it happened to the family I was in line with, since we'd been chatting for hours.

"I've read so many different things about the standing in line!  I have a 12 and 14 year old.  I'm hoping my husband and one kid can stand in line and maybe we can switch out?  Trying to prepare my kids for the very real possibility that we could stand in line for a very long time and still not get tickets!"

Yes, if you want 4 tickets, as long as there are always at least 2 people in line you're fine.

"We can pay with credit card, right?  I really don't want to be walking the streets of NYC with cash.  I swear I read somewhere that it was best to bring cash?  Maybe that is in case someone is trying to sell tickets?"

Yes, you can pay with a credit card.  Have fun and good luck!

Updated On: 7/24/17 at 09:43 PM

Rainah
#4315Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/24/17 at 10:00pm

Texas Tanya said: "Any recommendations on the best day to stand in the cancellation line?  Our options would be Aug 12th (but cannot get to line until probably 1), August 13 or August 15th.  My kids would stand in line every single day all day in hopes of getting tickets but we just cannot dedicate the entire vacation to Hamilton.  :)"

One should be fine if you want the evening show. I do prefer just getting up ridiculous early to claim a good spot, but I dose easy and don't do anything in the morning anyway.

Do you have a lot of morning/day activities? Or evening stuff like dinners or going to a cabaret? If you don't do anything in the evening (As I do) you get more bang for your NYC buck by trying for an evening show. Consider if you want to lose your time 1pm-11pm (inculding show) or 7am-5pm

Browneyes142
#4316Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/27/17 at 3:11am

I am planning to try for standing room this Sunday, July 30 for the matinee. I saw it in Chicago tonight (planned long ago), I'll see it in San Francisco on Saturday matinee (had tickets for earlier in the summer but couldn't make the trip and had to swap them). It was a coincidence these ended up being the same week but I thought it only appropriate to finish out the week in NYC (plus, I want to see Javi finally, he was out last time I was there, as well as Brian D'Arcy James,  and James Monroe Iglehart). For those of you seeing it after Brandon Victor Dixon leaves, you have nothing to worry about, Daniel Breaker was an awesome Aaron Burr tonight.

Anyway, I will be trying for SRO. If there is anyone that needs a ticket and is willing to buy mine, let me know. I should be getting into town at 5am and will go straight to the theater. Please PM me if interested.

chuckydisc
#4317Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/27/17 at 7:50am

10086Sundays said: "The line has become unpredictable since the show is not the #1 draw anymore."

How do you define "#1"?

Hamilton is still indefinitely sold-out ... through March 2018 I believe.

Hamilton brings in by far the most weekly revenue ... over $3 million.

Hamilton has by far the highest average ticket price along with the highest top ticket price.

Hamilton may have other productions that are currently in #2 / #3 a bit closer to it compared to last Spring/Summer but please explain how it's still not #1 overall?  A team that is 15-0 and suffers it's first loss still leads over a team that's only 12-4.

Megsamegatron Profile Photo
Megsamegatron
#4318Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/27/17 at 12:02pm

Browneyes142 said: "I am planning to try for standing room this Sunday, July 30 for the matinee. I saw it in Chicago tonight (planned long ago), I'll see it in San Francisco on Saturday matinee (had tickets for earlier in the summer but couldn't make the trip and had to swap them). It was a coincidence these ended up being the same week but I thought it only appropriate to finish out the week in NYC (plus, I want to see Javi finally, he was out last time I was there, as well as Brian D'Arcy James,  and James Monroe Iglehart). For those of you seeing it after Brandon Victor Dixon leaves, you have nothing to worry about, Daniel Breaker was an awesome Aaron Burr tonight.

Anyway, I will be trying for SRO. If there is anyone that needs a ticket and is willing to buy mine, let me know. I should be getting into town at 5am and will go straight to the theater. Please PM me if interested.

"

Just an FYI Javi isn't in on Sundays

10086Sundays
#4319Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/27/17 at 12:12pm

chuckydisc said: "10086Sundays said: "The line has become unpredictable since the show is not the #1 draw anymore."

How do you define "#1"?

Hamilton is still indefinitely sold-out ... through March 2018 I believe.

Hamilton brings in by far the most weekly revenue ... over $3 million.

Hamilton has by far the highest average ticket price along with the highest top ticket price.

Hamilton may have other productions that are currently in #2 / #3 a bit closer to it compared to last Spring/Summer but please explain how it's still not #1 overall?  A team that is 15-0 and suffers it's first loss still leads over a team that's only 12-4.
"

Whoa, calm down.  I never said it wasn't still one of the most popular shows and doing amazing business.  I meant it isn't #1 show that people are lining up to get rush/SRO/cancellation tickets for. DEH would probably take that spot, although since they switched SRO to lottery, it isn't as crazy.  

I was simply saying that since there are so many other shows, DEH, CFA, Great Comet, Hello Dolly, getting attention that the number of people lining up for Hamilton isn't as predictable as it was a year ago when it was really the only show that had people in a frenzy.

rosemary234
#4320Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/27/17 at 12:15pm

yesterday the usher told me javier is on vaction

also, BDJ is not in the show anymore

Browneyes142
#4321Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/27/17 at 12:42pm

"

Just an FYI Javi isn't in on Sundays

"

Oh gosh, I knew that and totally forgot. I'll be there Saturday the 12th but it just would have been so nice to see Javi. Also, I knew Brian D'Arcy James was leaving but I misremembered the date. Now I have to decide if I'd rather see all 3 in the same week or wait for Javi.

Burgcenafan
#4322Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/27/17 at 1:10pm

I know the line is sporadic but what is the latest time to get in line for standing room for a 2:00 show

chuckydisc
#4323Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/27/17 at 1:31pm

Burgcenafan said: "I know the line is sporadic but what is the latest time to get in line for standing room for a 2:00 show"

Since zero guaranteed SRO tickets are given out for each performance, how would you like your question answered?

Rainah
#4324Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/27/17 at 2:13pm

Burgcenafan said: "I know the line is sporadic but what is the latest time to get in line for standing room for a 2:00 show"

To make it very likely you'll get one, if it's offered? maybe 7am?

Reasonable chance (if it's offered) 8? 

Just my guesses from my own experiences. They do not offer standing room every day