pixeltracker

Broadway Shows That Need a Revival- Page 2

Broadway Shows That Need a Revival

jv92 Profile Photo
jv92
#25Broadway Shows That Need a Revival
Posted: 3/15/15 at 12:06am

70, GIRLS, 70 would be a fabulous one night benefit concert. But I don't know anyone, including myself (a fan of K&E and the score of the show), who would want to sit through that book without wanting to smoke a serious amount of pot beforehand. There's no way. NO WAY.

FIORELLO!, again-- lovely concert. No revival. Not with that book.

CAMELOT, however, I would like to see revived, and by revived I mean, as it was originally written. Not "rethought" by some subpar, self-serving "genius" like Diane Paulus.

Fantod Profile Photo
Fantod
#26Broadway Shows That Need a Revival
Posted: 3/15/15 at 12:45am

I haven't read the script to Fiorello, but it won the Pulitzer Prize. What is so bad about it?

70, Girls, 70 I haven't read, but I love the score. Maybe it isn't great for revival.

Soaring29 Profile Photo
Soaring29
#27Broadway Shows That Need a Revival
Posted: 3/15/15 at 3:30am

My Fair Lady
Carousel (Just bring the 2013 NY Philharmonic version to Broadway)
The Most Happy Fella
Can Can

jv92 Profile Photo
jv92
#28Broadway Shows That Need a Revival
Posted: 3/18/15 at 2:24pm

I just think the leading role of Fiorello is so embarrassingly underwritten, and that the book feels a little creaky. It baffles me that it won a Pulitzer. And I love HOW TO SUCCEED..., too, but that Pulitzer win baffles me, too. (Though it's been said that it was to make up for the fact that Burrows and Loesser were overlooked for GUYS AND DOLLS, a show that probably should have won the Pulitzer Prize.)

Soaring, I agree with those first three suggestions-- however, I'd rather wait for Lincoln Center to do MY FAIR LADY than see for a commercial producer to do a lousy job with it. I don't think LCT will do CAROUSEL or HAPPY FELLA again, since they've been involved with their respective recent revivals.

Sadly, I think the Encores! production of MOST HAPPY FELLA will be the last major New York staging we'll see for a while. It's just too expensive and ambitious a piece to put on for a long period of time.

a-mad
#29Broadway Shows That Need a Revival
Posted: 3/18/15 at 2:33pm

1. Chess
2. Once on this Island
3. Passion

jv92 Profile Photo
jv92
#30Broadway Shows That Need a Revival
Posted: 3/18/15 at 2:35pm

PASSION was just revived, brilliantly, by Classic Stage Company.

Phillypinto Profile Photo
Phillypinto
#31Broadway Shows That Need a Revival
Posted: 3/18/15 at 2:35pm

Redhead! Sally! Irene! Dreamgirls! Hello Dolly! My Fair Lady! Lady in the Dark! Funny Girl!

Use my fabulous TodayTix code: JEYCY

jv92 Profile Photo
jv92
#32Broadway Shows That Need a Revival
Posted: 3/18/15 at 2:37pm

I didn't know they all had exclamation points in their titles. Kinda desperate if you ask me...

a-mad
#33Broadway Shows That Need a Revival
Posted: 3/18/15 at 3:28pm

Didn't realize Passion just had a recent revival...

I guess I'm thinking Broadway... not off-Broadway, but I can see how they wouldn't want to do a revival this quickly if it was just off-Broadway.

Fantod Profile Photo
Fantod
#34Broadway Shows That Need a Revival
Posted: 3/18/15 at 4:04pm

There are also those shows that are great and were recently revived, but got disappointing or at least not top-notch productions. I'd love to see spectacular (like South Pacific revival quality) productions of these shows:

A Little Night Music
Follies (I still really want to see a spectacular production of this so I can understand what all the fuss is about)
Guys and Dolls
How to Succeed...
Pal Joey

Bilbo3 Profile Photo
Bilbo3
#35Broadway Shows That Need a Revival
Posted: 3/18/15 at 4:56pm

I've been waiting for a Dreamgirls revival.

Countdown til Jordan comes on raging about how much loves me! 3..2..1...

broadwaysfguy
#36Broadway Shows That Need a Revival
Posted: 3/19/15 at 12:54am

Aida would be a FANTASTIC and profitable revival-

HINT PRODUCERS-change the ending so they escape and live happily ever after (like wicked was smart enough to do) and forget the reincarnation theme that 90% of people in this country dont believe in, and this show could run for even longer than its four year initial run.

Finding another heather headley(saw her do this show five times-unbeleivably good) level crazy good Aida will be a must, not sure any of the young broadway current african american stars have the chops

My Fair Lady-this show must get revived

Gypsy-im ready to go again with a new mamma rose!

nicnyc Profile Photo
nicnyc
#37Broadway Shows That Need a Revival
Posted: 3/19/15 at 3:58am

I wish they would revive Chess and combine the successful elements of both the London and Broadway production into a new production. I have always thought, given the tremendous score, it was a shame that a show with such incredible promised never realized its' full potential.

I would also love to see a revival of Barnum with NPH as the title character.

Emma MK
#38Broadway Shows That Need a Revival
Posted: 3/19/15 at 4:12am

Id kill to see City of Angels on a Broadway stage! Recently saw it in London and would love to see it on a larger stage!

icecreambenjamin Profile Photo
icecreambenjamin
#39Broadway Shows That Need a Revival
Posted: 3/19/15 at 7:38am

Grand Hotel
Titanic