Here comes TIDAL!

Jay Lerner-Z Profile Photo
Jay Lerner-Z
#25Here comes TIDAL!
Posted: 4/1/15 at 1:26pm

Here comes TIDAL!

Who could pass this up?!

Beyoncé is not an ally. Actions speak louder than words, Mrs. Carter. #Dubai #$$$
Updated On: 4/1/15 at 01:26 PM

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#26Here comes TIDAL!
Posted: 4/1/15 at 1:39pm

Here comes TIDAL!

I have this

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

Mister Matt
#27Here comes TIDAL!
Posted: 4/1/15 at 1:57pm

Here comes TIDAL!

Here is the full bonkers quote:

"If you refer to Tidal as Illuminati, you are paying us the highest of compliments. As I've stated before it is another name for 'The Enlightened Ones' a group of scientists, philosophers and artists that emerged after the dark ages. They changed and shaped the world for the better! Do the research and find out for yourself!"

I guess Madonna finally picked up that Dan Brown novel everyone else has already read. But even before the signing of the TIDAL Declaration, Madonna had already permanently declared that the Illuminati is NOT Jay-Z, Beyonce, Nicki, Rihanna or Kanye, so I guess the throngs of Twittergram people haven't actually heard the song.

Are we going to put a photo of them signing on the back of a $1M dollar bill?

Updated On: 4/1/15 at 01:57 PM

ErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#29Here comes TIDAL!
Posted: 4/1/15 at 2:30pm

lol Mister Pratt is the new Namo, obsessed much?

And yes i have heard the song, i like the song, many of the critics liked the song, but if you don't like it love thats fine, though i cant agree with ou about the production at all, the production on this track is superb.

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

JerseyGirl2 Profile Photo
JerseyGirl2
#30Here comes TIDAL!
Posted: 4/1/15 at 3:02pm

Who is obsessed much?

Pretty pretty please don't you ever ever feel like you're less than f**ckin' perfect!

Mister Matt
#31Here comes TIDAL!
Posted: 4/1/15 at 3:14pm

Not me!  But then, I'm not obsessed with tethering Namo to me, either.  I guess I'll leave it to the expert to tell people the rules of obsession.  

And yes i have heard the song

Oops!  My bad, love (does it sound just as douchey when I do it?).  You and those critics go on and love that...song, sweetie. Listen to the horrible lyrics, production and sound to your little hearts' content, darling!  Just be sure to put on your Magoggles first so you can enjoy it, honey!  

Updated On: 4/1/15 at 03:14 PM

ErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
#32Here comes TIDAL!
Posted: 4/1/15 at 4:11pm

I like the song too. But that Instagram post and press conference? Not so much.

Mister Matt
#33Here comes TIDAL!
Posted: 4/1/15 at 4:40pm

Oh, I'm sure there are songs that I adore that others call crap.  And sometimes I know it's crap and I love it anyway and I'll freely admit it's crap (like the song Do It Like That by Ricki-Lee, a ridiculous dance tune I enjoy 100x more than anything on Rebel Heart).  What I don't do is try and find a way to justify it or insult someone who doesn't love it.  I especially don't call anyone obsessed for participating in a topic I've already shown an obsessed amount of interest in and then apply condescension to my own hypocrisy and then exacerbate a situation I think I'm quashing AND THEN criticize the other person for it AND THEN act like they are the problem when all I had to do was ignore a conversation I don't want to take part in.

Bottom line is: Madonna already said many of them are not the Illuminati in her song, yet she'll patronize her Instabook twitterers by ignoring the actual song that's referenced and giving them a shoutout to keep everyone's delusions in check and promote their TIDAL thingy while giving her flailing album a bit of free press.

Updated On: 4/1/15 at 04:40 PM

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#34Here comes TIDAL!
Posted: 4/2/15 at 7:37am

MisterPratt don't play victim it suits you less than a w***e playing a nun. Where did I insult you for not liking the song? I don't care if you like it or not, I think it's ok but not the best (though I do think the producing is fantastic on the track). 

This thread is about a product that many people are involved in and yet again you are hung up on Madonna, that's why I called you the new Namo. 

'Bottom line is: Madonna already said many of them are not the Illuminati in her song, yet she'll patronize her Instabook twitterers by ignoring the actual song that's referenced and giving them a shoutout to keep everyone's delusions in check and promote their TIDAL thingy '

And sorry but in my opinion it's stuff like this that makes you sound silly. The song is about all those people who believe in crazy conspiracy theories about all those people etc been part of the Iluminati, she's saying that the real Iluminati were great philosophers etc. After the song came out the mad conspiracy theorists believed even more that she was a part of it. The moment Tidal was announced they started saying it again, her response was saying 'well if you want to call us that that's a huge compliment because the real Iluminati were the most brilliant and powerful minds about that made real change' she is been sarcastic.

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

Mister Matt
#35Here comes TIDAL!
Posted: 4/2/15 at 10:37am

I actually wasn't playing the victim.  Congratulations on finally recognizing sarcasm!  Let's hope you can do it again one day!

i like the song, many of the critics liked the song, but if you don't like it love thats fine

When you intentionally become patronizing, you are being insulting.  Sort of like when someone says "I think [your opinion] is crazy, but that's your opinion".

This thread is about a product that many people are involved in and yet again you are hung up on Madonna, that's why I called you the new Namo.

Physician...heal thyself.  

PS - With the exception of the asinine lyrics, Illuminati was a far better song on the demo.  

Sometimes I just gotta call it like it is.

Updated On: 4/2/15 at 10:37 AM

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#36Here comes TIDAL!
Posted: 4/2/15 at 8:34pm

So, yes, that press event was RIDICULOUS.  And, yes, the copy they're using - Tidal for all - is equally ridiculous.  And, yes, it costs more than competing services, but I have to say, if they were able to obtain as deep a catalog as Spotify, when I am gainfully employed again, I will be signing up.  Because of one word: lossless.  $20/mo for access to a huge library of lossless on demand music is actually a good deal.  I mean, if you don't hear the difference between Spotify streaming and the original CD quality of a song, you're not paying attention. All that said, I wonder how that will impact data usage on mobile plans.  

FindingNamo
#37Here comes TIDAL!
Posted: 4/2/15 at 9:19pm

This whole Jay-Z acquisition story and the Tidal numbers are just sooooo queasy-making.  How much money is enough for people like this?

He's not a businessman, he's a business, maaaaaaan

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

javero Profile Photo
javero
#38Here comes TIDAL!
Posted: 4/2/15 at 10:22pm

The contrarian in me is enough to keep me the hell away from TIDAL.  Between my SiriusXM onine account and physical discs, I don't need anything that Jay Z, Madge, et al are peddling.  It just occurred to me that out of the catalogs of the entire lot, the only CD titles that I've ever purchased were releases from Madge.

I feel no ill will towards the collective .  But, a few of the charter members could stand to chew on some humble pie which is a tangent to @Namo's point.

#FactsMatter...your feelings not so much.

FindingNamo
#39Here comes TIDAL!
Posted: 4/2/15 at 10:29pm

Collective.  Ha ha.  Funny, funny choice of word.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none