pixeltracker

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/5/15- Page 2

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/5/15

Phillypinto Profile Photo
Phillypinto
#25Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/5/15
Posted: 4/6/15 at 3:48pm

you just proved my point Kad. It literally doesn't matter what I say, you will say the opposite. I don't actually think Fun Home or those other shows are exactly ****ed. Clyde, wtf?

Use my fabulous TodayTix code: JEYCY

ArtMan
#26Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/5/15
Posted: 4/6/15 at 3:49pm

Did anyone else receive the email from Telecharge last week?  At first, it was a survey on general theatre interest, then it became specific only about Hand To God.  They asked my opinion on what I knew about the show.  Then asked my opinion on various marketing posters.  I think the marketing team knows they have to change their current advertising plan or the show is going to be a tough sell.

neonlightsxo
#27Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/5/15
Posted: 4/6/15 at 3:50pm

^ I think that email was only if you bought a ticket to Hand to God.

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#28Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/5/15
Posted: 4/6/15 at 3:51pm

"yeah idk. Unless it wins Best Musical, which it probably will, i wouldn't normally think this show would be a hit. I think people just want to laugh these days and see a comedy."

Which would explain the excellent grosses of those comedies like Honeymoon in Vegas, Living On Love, On The Town, and It Shoulda Been You. Comedies are definitely what's packing 'em in right now. 

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#29Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/5/15

Philly. You said- you actually, literally said- those shows were ****ed. If that's not what you actually thought, WHY did you say that? 

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#30Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/5/15

Double post.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."
Updated On: 4/6/15 at 03:51 PM

ArtMan
#31Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/5/15

I didn't buy a ticket.

Phillypinto
#32Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/5/15
Posted: 4/6/15 at 3:52pm

Cause i knew you would come along and disagree. I was proving a point. What dramatic shows on Broadway are doing well? Wolf Hall? Is that all?

little_sally Profile Photo
little_sally
#33Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/5/15
Posted: 4/6/15 at 3:53pm

"Did anyone else receive the email from Telecharge last week?  At first, it was a survey on general theatre interest, then it became specific only about Hand To God.  They asked my opinion on what I knew about the show.  Then asked my opinion on various marketing posters.  I think the marketing team knows they have to change their current advertising plan or the show is going to be a tough sell."

I got one too, a few weeks ago (it was actually the day after I saw the show). I didn't buy the tickets, a friend did through TDF, so I don't know why or how I got the email.

A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#34Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/5/15
Posted: 4/6/15 at 3:54pm

Because what you said had no basis in the actual reality of what's going on! Fun Home's box office status is there all to see- and, not to mention, several other people objected to your "point" as well. 

neonlightsxo
#35Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/5/15
Posted: 4/6/15 at 3:54pm

Ah my mistake about the survey. I received the email right after buying a ticket to Hand to God. Re: "dramatic" shows doing well- Skylight, The Audience, Finding Neverland, Les Mis still running.

"Because what you said had no basis in the actual reality of what's going on!"

That's our Philly!

Updated On: 4/6/15 at 03:54 PM

Phillypinto
#36Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/5/15
Posted: 4/6/15 at 3:58pm

hey, I'm always hopeful and optimistic about shows succeeding at the box office. The ONE time i say that they're ****ed, you come in and claim the opposite.

American in Paris is dramatic? wtf

Yeah, The Elephant Man did well and The Audience is doing well, but they have stars.

ClydeBarrow Profile Photo
ClydeBarrow
#37Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/5/15
Posted: 4/6/15 at 3:59pm

"Clyde, wtf?"

Did I stutter? Everyone on this board is telling you just how wrong you are so don't be shocked to be called out for your idiocy.  

"Pardon my prior Mcfee slip. I know how to spell her name. I just don't know how to type it." -Talulah

Phillypinto
#38Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/5/15
Posted: 4/6/15 at 4:02pm

wtf?

Please, Finding Neverland kinda has stars in it. Les Mis and skylight are revivals. Wolf Hall is the only NEW dramatic show that is succeeding on Broadway without any stars

AKarp2013 Profile Photo
AKarp2013
#39Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/5/15
Posted: 4/6/15 at 4:02pm

"The ONE time i say that they're ****ed, you come in and claim the opposite."

The attendance for FUN HOME went down a bit but the gross went up. If I am correct, that could be because the first week was mostly comped tickets? Could someone confirm that for me?

JPeterman Profile Photo
JPeterman
#40Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/5/15
Posted: 4/6/15 at 4:03pm

I got the Telecharge email survey and I have not bought tickets or seen Hand To God.  Once in a while I will get an email from Telecharge regarding "why didn't you buy tickets" after I recently searched for tickets on the telecharge website but did not end up buying them. 

So maybe they are sending the survey to both people who have bought tickets and also to those that have searched the telecharge website for tickets but didn't end up buying any?

Updated On: 4/6/15 at 04:03 PM

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#41Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/5/15
Posted: 4/6/15 at 4:12pm

"The ONE time i say that they're ****ed, you come in and claim the opposite."

Because one show is doing alright and one show is at a nonprofit and therefore can't really fail. I just logically assumed, based on your track history of making baseless and ill-informed statements, you were making another baseless and ill-informed statement. 

Which you still were, since you didn't know how a non-profit production works. 

Liza's Headband
#42Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/5/15
Posted: 4/6/15 at 4:16pm

^^^ Bingo.

Phillypinto
#43Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/5/15
Posted: 4/6/15 at 4:19pm

oh please. not for profit is bs anyway. Roundabout also claims to be non-profit

MayAudraBlessYou2 Profile Photo
MayAudraBlessYou2
#44Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/5/15
Posted: 4/6/15 at 4:20pm

^sweet jesus. 

Hold on one second guys, Imma get popcorn.

Phillypinto
#45Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/5/15
Posted: 4/6/15 at 4:22pm

wtf?

neonlightsxo
#46Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/5/15
Posted: 4/6/15 at 4:22pm

I'm trying to remember what BWW was like before Phillypinto...

Phillypinto
#47Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/5/15
Posted: 4/6/15 at 4:23pm

A black hole. Thank goodness I came on here and gave this place some color. As far as non-profit goes, they still want people to come see their show and make money!!

What happened to Haterobics?

Updated On: 4/6/15 at 04:23 PM

ClydeBarrow Profile Photo
ClydeBarrow
#48Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/5/15
Posted: 4/6/15 at 4:26pm

Philly,

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/5/15

"Pardon my prior Mcfee slip. I know how to spell her name. I just don't know how to type it." -Talulah

Phillypinto
#49Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/5/15
Posted: 4/6/15 at 4:27pm

You are rude as heck. Classless