pixeltracker

Team Madonna vs. Team Lin-Manuel- Page 6

Team Madonna vs. Team Lin-Manuel

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#125Team Madonna vs. Team Lin-Manuel
Posted: 4/22/15 at 10:39am

"That's what the best PR reps like Liz Rosenberg are paid to do: constant damage control."

But this "damage control" can't be very effective, when it's just a lazy contradiction of what many others witnessed with their own eyes. Who is that supposed to convince? An apology (sincere or not) would have been much more effective damage control, I think. 

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#126Team Madonna vs. Team Lin-Manuel
Posted: 4/22/15 at 11:05am

The theory is that you just put it out there. An apology would acknowledge she did something wrong, something Madonna would never do. Liz Rosenberg is paid to put out a flat denial, whether or not her client committed the act.

The idea is that the number of people who hear Madonna's side of the story is vastly greater than the number of people who will hear Lin-Manuel Miranda's side of the story, therefore Madonna wins. That's show biz. (And politics.)

Updated On: 4/22/15 at 11:05 AM

Brick
#127Team Madonna vs. Team Lin-Manuel
Posted: 4/22/15 at 11:26am

Yes, of course Liz Rosenberg denied it.

And really, who the hell cares? She shouldn't have done it. Move on. We don't even know she asked to go backstage. She's reportedly done this many times. (The tabloids blew up at her texting during "12 Years a Slave'; people reported she texted during FELA and at Rosie's TABOO; she even posted a picture of NPH in Hedwig during the Finale, obviously taken by her phone.)

But attacking her singing, her acting, her career, her age - really? I find it so amusing when these boards blow up with indignation and proudly declare a moral high ground over huge celebrities and the like. This may be a big story for Broadway, but for Madonna, it was a day that ended in 'day'.

FindingNamo
#128Team Madonna vs. Team Lin-Manuel
Posted: 4/22/15 at 11:47am

By her own assertion on Jimmy Fallon's show her tours are flops. "Nobody makes any money on the tours," she said, in all seriousness.  F-L-O-P Madonna.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#129Team Madonna vs. Team Lin-Manuel
Posted: 4/22/15 at 1:26pm

Wow Namo, how long you been sat on that one? She was clearly just joking around. 

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

Liza's Headband
#130Team Madonna vs. Team Lin-Manuel
Posted: 4/22/15 at 1:32pm

And you know this how?

FindingNamo
#131Team Madonna vs. Team Lin-Manuel
Posted: 4/22/15 at 1:33pm

Well, if my memory serves, she said it on the Fallon show so you do the math for how long I've been sitting on it.  She distinctly said her extravaganzas are so expensive "nobody makes any money" on the tours.  According to the accepted standard Variety-speak of BWW there's no other way to spin that than FLOP.  I do appreciate when you clarify when she's joking around and when she's not.

She is not a nice person, she is not well-liked, her music doesn't sell, her tours make no money.  And she's an entitled bitch at the theater!!  No wonder you just can't quit her.

firebolts Profile Photo
firebolts
#132Team Madonna vs. Team Lin-Manuel
Posted: 4/22/15 at 1:40pm

My "ageist" comments aren't "disgusting." If my mother behaved the way she did, I would be utterly embarrassed. And, no, I am not a Gaga fan. She does have some decent songs, though. I don't need to be fanatical about one person to speak the truth about another.

Anyway. This thread is becoming so childish. 

Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.
Updated On: 4/22/15 at 01:40 PM

FindingNamo
#133Team Madonna vs. Team Lin-Manuel
Posted: 4/22/15 at 1:46pm

Reflecting yet another irritating example of childish behavior on the part of a 50-something woman who is as embarrassing as she is basic.

finebydesign Profile Photo
finebydesign
#134Team Madonna vs. Team Lin-Manuel
Posted: 4/22/15 at 1:49pm

LOL this didn't even make TMZ

MadonnaMusical Profile Photo
MadonnaMusical
#135Team Madonna vs. Team Lin-Manuel
Posted: 4/22/15 at 10:01pm

two of my favorite artists... both game changers... it's too bad that Madonna doesn't respect the theatre enough not to text... and it's too bad that Lin doesn't respect the Madonna enough to have a conversation about it after the show.

I'm very disappointed in both of them... two of my heroes... 

FindingNamo
#136Team Madonna vs. Team Lin-Manuel
Posted: 4/22/15 at 10:05pm

One of your heroes was the victim of the boorish behavior of another.  You seem to be blaming that victim.

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#137Team Madonna vs. Team Lin-Manuel
Posted: 4/22/15 at 10:08pm

Why would Miranda have to have a conversation with her after the show? She's an adult, she knows that she's doing something she shouldn't. She just thinks she can get away with it because of money and fame. Personally, I'm glad that he didn't bother to put up with her.

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#138Team Madonna vs. Team Lin-Manuel
Posted: 4/22/15 at 10:12pm

I wish someone would have called her on out on it and slapped her.   Would have been a beautiful thing.

Asinine sh!tbird.  

Updated On: 4/22/15 at 10:12 PM