The Glenbuck Laird
#50Wayward Pines
Posted: 6/20/15 at 3:37pm

Toby Jones is some actor. I'm a big fan of his. He's marvellous

darquegk Profile Photo
darquegk
#51Wayward Pines
Posted: 6/21/15 at 12:05am

Toby has made a great career out of playing weird puppet masters- he was one of the creepiest Doctor Who antagonists, and he made a great Hitchcock.

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#52Wayward Pines
Posted: 6/21/15 at 1:22pm

He also did a great Truman Capote.

Poster Emeritus

JbaraFan1
#53Wayward Pines
Posted: 7/24/15 at 1:54am

Thought I'd bump the thread up. No spoilers in case there's some who (want to but) haven't watched the finale yet. Curious to know what y'all thought.  Supposedly it was the series finale period, but in an interview MKS offered a gleamer of hope that it could come back. Guess we'll see. (Too tuckered right now to locate the "there's hope for season 2" link; this one seems to give more than a gleamer...)

When asked, “So, you don’t know at all yet about Season 2?”, Shyamalan laughs and tells Zap2it, “I don’t know I’d say ‘I don’t know at all yet.'” He adds that conversations have been happening between himself and “Wayward Pines” book author Blake Crouch about “something specific” for Season 2.

Quote is from following link.

**DO NOT CLICK ON IT IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN THE FINALE, AS IT CONTAINS SPOILERS!**

(Sorry for the all caps, but don't want to spoil it for anyone.)

http://zap2it.com/2015/07/wayward-pines-season-2-specific-plan/

Updated On: 7/24/15 at 01:54 AM

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#54Wayward Pines
Posted: 7/24/15 at 10:23am

All I will say is the ending was ambiguous.You could interpret it in a number of ways. They did leave the door open for it continuing.

Fact remains there are enough questions about the show in general.Where do they get gas and oil? What about food deliveries? Where is it grown? You get the drift.

Poster Emeritus

ClydeBarrow Profile Photo
ClydeBarrow
#55Wayward Pines
Posted: 7/24/15 at 1:28pm

Even though I read what the book ending was (and it was almost equally as bad), this was basically me after the show.

Wayward Pines

Also children don't know how to make statues like that.

"Pardon my prior Mcfee slip. I know how to spell her name. I just don't know how to type it." -Talulah

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#56Wayward Pines
Posted: 7/24/15 at 3:43pm

And Wayward Pines has a foundry and a mine to escavate the ore needed to cast a sculpture like that? From the model of Wayward Pines shown, there really isn't much to it.

I have to admit that the ending sucked a$s. What a complete let down. Came faster then a male virgin.

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!
Updated On: 7/24/15 at 03:43 PM

SmoothLover Profile Photo
SmoothLover
#57Wayward Pines
Posted: 7/24/15 at 10:30pm

The episode was going great until the ending came. It was a letdown. Matt is still looking pretty good I must say.

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#58Wayward Pines
Posted: 7/25/15 at 8:35am

The Post says today that they should let Pines stay dead & not bring it back for a 2 nd season.

The question is where would they go with it after the ending this past week. Let it stay dead .Great episode but puzzling ending.

Poster Emeritus

JerseyGirl2 Profile Photo
JerseyGirl2
#59Wayward Pines
Posted: 7/25/15 at 6:59pm

That sucked. 

ALL SPOILERS ALL THE TIME!

So, the kids took over? Was Pam running things? If she was going to run it just like her brother, why did she kill him? What happened in between Pam and Kate having that little meeting and all of the adults being in suspended animation? And if the adults were all frozen, who trained the kids to be doctors, nurses, etc.? That was awful.

Pretty pretty please don't you ever ever feel like you're less than f**ckin' perfect!

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#60Wayward Pines
Posted: 7/25/15 at 9:42pm

The show spiralled into one huge plot hole, wnich seems to be as strong and a black hole.

I hope Wayward Pines remains finished.

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#61Wayward Pines
Posted: 7/25/15 at 10:02pm

No one pines for the Pines any longer.

Poster Emeritus

JerseyGirl2 Profile Photo
JerseyGirl2
#62Wayward Pines
Posted: 7/28/15 at 6:23am

I want to talk about the books for a second, which ended entirely differently than the show.

#1, Pam was an evil bitch for the duration. She was not Pilcher's sister and went down trying to kill Ethan's family.

#2, Ethan didn't sacrifice himself to kill the abbies.

#3, The kids didn't take over. Everyone just put themselves back into animation, (because they were running out of food), hoping someone else would solve the problem  and some future civilization would find them. 

#4, the book ended with Ethan opening his eyes 70k years later.

Okay, so I am supposed to believe that these folks found some energy source to keep them all in suspended animation for SEVENTY THOUSAND YEARS, but they couldn't solve the problem of having only 4 years worth of food? 

Pretty pretty please don't you ever ever feel like you're less than f**ckin' perfect!

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#63Wayward Pines
Posted: 7/28/15 at 7:19am

A  puzzlement indeed

I guess because it is tv you are supposed to suspend all logic and common sense. There were so many holes in logic with WP that it looked like a piece of swiss cheese. Hey for 10 weeks, I had something to watch . Cannot wait until September when all the old shows & the new ones that look interesting start.

Hey, they could grow their own food - no idea how they would get the seeds to grow - and everyone could turn into a vegan. That would be scarier than anything that happened in the series.

Poster Emeritus
Updated On: 7/28/15 at 07:19 AM

javero Profile Photo
javero
#64Wayward Pines
Posted: 7/28/15 at 8:24am

Roxy,

I tend to tune into a tv series based on your review of the pilot as it seems we have similar taste.  That in a nutshell is why I avoided WP.  Things just don't seem to work out so well for us tv-wise.  I stilled haven't recovered from  NBC's cancellation of "Dracula, notwithstanding Jonathan Rhys Meyers' troubles.  

#FactsMatter...your feelings not so much.

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#65Wayward Pines
Posted: 7/28/15 at 8:28am

I too was bummed out over Dracula's cancellation. Maybe it had more to do with Meyers personal demons & problems than ratings. If you cannot assume your star will show up for a days shoot, you got problems.

WP was a good tv version of a popcorn movie. Nothing great shakes but it was something to watch. We almost gave up on it until we found out midway thru they would explain what was going on. Still plot holes galore but Matt Dillion held the whole mess together.

Poster Emeritus
Updated On: 7/28/15 at 08:28 AM