pixeltracker

Fun Home- Comparing Albums- Page 2

Fun Home- Comparing Albums

Michael Kras Profile Photo
Michael Kras
#25Fun Home- Comparing Albums
Posted: 5/19/15 at 11:32pm

Sadly, no. The album is going to be a rare one. Luckily I bought a physical copy!

broadwaysfguy
#26Fun Home- Comparing Albums
Posted: 5/20/15 at 2:13am

http://www.amazon.com/Fun-Home-Original-Cast-Recording/dp/B00GXD6UMK

link to amazon 3rd party seller for new copies of original fun home cast cd for $88-$262....

wow, the sharks are ON IT!

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#27Fun Home- Comparing Albums
Posted: 5/20/15 at 2:38am

Just google how to rip the vocal from YouTube and you can put that into your Itunes. Having seen both "medium allisons" live, I can't remember caring for one over the other. They were both great. 

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#28Fun Home- Comparing Albums
Posted: 5/20/15 at 3:22am

At this point, I've come to the conclusion that since most of the two albums are the same, from now on I will use the new Broadway recording for consistency (specifically for the Party Dress number, which has Skeggs' performing). Al for Short and Socha's original Changing My Major I've added as bonus tracks at the end of the album.

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

rcwr Profile Photo
rcwr
#29Fun Home- Comparing Albums
Posted: 5/20/15 at 4:24am

Huh. I'm pretty glad I have a CD of the orig. I may buy the additional songs on itunes. But then I'd have to hear them separately, like with "Mrs Dees Rant" from The Last Ship (which wasn't on the physical CD for whatever reason).

neonlightsxo
#30Fun Home- Comparing Albums
Posted: 5/20/15 at 10:07am

Firebolts, it was the way that you said it, not the fact that you voiced your opinion. I don't care who you like best as Medium Alison, but the phrasing was rude.

"Most of the time, Emily sounds like she's singing with cotton balls in her mouth."

Super great criticism.

cknick
#31Fun Home- Comparing Albums
Posted: 5/27/15 at 3:20pm

Anyone notice they cut out Small Alison's line "more crap?" from the first track?  Weird omission...I loved how that little banter led into Bruce's next verse.  I assume it's still that way in the show? 

Updated On: 5/27/15 at 03:20 PM

BrerBear Profile Photo
BrerBear
#32Fun Home- Comparing Albums
Posted: 5/27/15 at 4:41pm

"Anyone notice they cut out Small Alison's line "more crap?" from the first track?  Weird omission...I loved how that little banter led into Bruce's next verse.  I assume it's still that way in the show? "

Weird, her "more crap" line is still there for me.

I did notice that they changed the lyrics in the first verse of "Maps". The new ones emphasize that Alison is trying to differentiate from her dad's version of his life.

EricMontreal22 Profile Photo
EricMontreal22
#33Fun Home- Comparing Albums
Posted: 5/27/15 at 5:29pm

For anyone crazy enough (or rich enough) Amazon.ca has the original at 50 bucks.

cknick
#34Fun Home- Comparing Albums
Posted: 5/27/15 at 5:45pm

BrerBear, whoops!  You're right...just double checked both versions.  For some reason, I thought the "more crap" came before "Silver, this is silver..."  Guess I haven't listened to it quite enough!  Haha

I really love the new album and definitely feel it's worth buying.  The minor additions are very, very much appreciated and I think Emily Skeggs gives a beautiful performance that is so worth preserving.

Does anyone else feel this new recording somehow makes the show feel more intimate?  Strange because most of it is exactly the same.  I don't know...maybe it's just me!

Updated On: 5/27/15 at 05:45 PM

icecreambenjamin Profile Photo
icecreambenjamin
#35Fun Home- Comparing Albums
Posted: 5/27/15 at 6:14pm

I'm not a big fan of Skeggs performance on here.  She's good, but Socha was more believable.  Skeggs is doing an odd voice and I don't believe that she's the same person as the other two Alisons.

She's good and she deserved her nomination, but I think that Socha has the definitive performance as Medium Alison. 

cknick
#36Fun Home- Comparing Albums
Posted: 5/27/15 at 6:56pm

I like both Skeggs and Socha.  For me, there's something innocent and heart-warming about Skeggs that I don't get from Socha...BUT Socha's "Changing My Major" is something wonderful indeed. 

All in all, two great performances I think, and I'm happy to have both on record!