pixeltracker

Roger Rees has departed The Visit- Page 4

Roger Rees has departed The Visit

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#75Roger Rees has departed The Visit
Posted: 5/29/15 at 10:43pm

has the Playbill been changed to reflect this?? Tom Nelis as Anton Schell & possibly someone new for Nelis' character of Rudi?? The Rudi u/s is Ken Krugman, but he also covers four other roles.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#76Roger Rees has departed The Visit
Posted: 5/29/15 at 10:55pm

"I suspect there is more than a "shred"."

You suspect incorrectly.

Updated On: 5/31/15 at 10:55 PM

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#77Roger Rees has departed The Visit
Posted: 5/31/15 at 12:56pm

I saw the matinee yesterday, and the playbill hasn't been changed to reflect Nelis becoming Anton, there was just a small square piece of paper announcing he was playing the role at that performance. He was wonderful and his voice is beautiful. My well-wishes go out to Roger Rees, whatever he may be dealing with.

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

jv92 Profile Photo
jv92
#78Roger Rees has departed The Visit
Posted: 5/31/15 at 2:16pm

Saw the matinee yesterday. Nelis was wonderful and sang beautifully. Kudos to him, and wishing Roger Rees good things. 

WHY aren't people seeing this show? It might be dark and it might be weird, but it's hardly depressing. I actually think it's extremely moving and, oddly, life affirming. After the young lovers start the refrain of "You, You, You" towards the end of the forest musical sequence (as Claire and Anton hold each other and dance), and their voices stop and the current Claire and Anton-- an octave lower and far less "pretty"-- finish the refrain, I get a little bit of a lump in my throat. It's my favorite moment of this theater season, I think. 

I took advantage of the $19.75 discount, too! I know selling tickets to a show for twenty bucks isn't going to make anyone rich, but why aren't people flocking and taking advantage of this opportunity? It's a masterclass in theater. 

Chita should win the Tony for this. She won't win, but she should. It seems impossible, but she's become even better since April. So has the show. Go see it NOW! 

Updated On: 5/31/15 at 02:16 PM

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#79Roger Rees has departed The Visit
Posted: 7/11/15 at 7:29am

Well...damn 

http://playbill.com/news/article/roger-rees-stage-actor-made-famous-by-nicholas-nickleby-dies-at-71-351533

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#80Roger Rees has departed The Visit
Posted: 7/11/15 at 7:29am

Well...damn 

http://playbill.com/news/article/roger-rees-stage-actor-made-famous-by-nicholas-nickleby-dies-at-71-351533

Stevie72
#81Roger Rees has departed The Visit
Posted: 7/11/15 at 7:33pm

He will be truly missed. 

Elfuhbuh Profile Photo
Elfuhbuh
#82Roger Rees has departed The Visit
Posted: 7/11/15 at 8:42pm

Oh my God... Roger Rees has departed The Visit

"Was uns befreit, das muss stärker sein als wir es sind." -Tanz der Vampire

binau Profile Photo
binau
#83Roger Rees has departed The Visit
Posted: 7/12/15 at 6:01am

The first post of this thread is a bit awkward in hindsight...

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

Brick
#84Roger Rees has departed The Visit
Posted: 7/12/15 at 1:34pm

I thought so, too, though not nearly as insensitive as some of the more cynical comments in the thread, suggesting the show fired him.

Moments like these can really show much these threads can lose perspective and forget we're talking about people's lives. And sometimes, life and death.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#85Roger Rees has departed The Visit
Posted: 7/12/15 at 1:55pm

This thread should probably just be deleted.