pixeltracker

Roles Kelli Can Win Another Tony For - Page 3

Roles Kelli Can Win Another Tony For

skies Profile Photo
skies
#50Roles Kelli Can Win Another Tony For
Posted: 6/11/15 at 12:32am

I want her to originate an iconic  role on a hit BW show, so that others in revivals will be compared to Kelli.

For Kelli to get her Elphaba/Evita/Effie.

(Look at that, all E's.)

"when I’m on stage I see the abyss and have to overcome it by telling myself it’s only a play." - Helen Mirren

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#51Roles Kelli Can Win Another Tony For
Posted: 6/11/15 at 12:40am

Well the entire role of Francesca was written FOR her. Her stamp will forever be on that role. 

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#52Roles Kelli Can Win Another Tony For
Posted: 6/11/15 at 9:53am

I wouldn't hold my breath for a Piazza revival unless it's a Roundabout production.  It's just not the type of show that there will be much demand to revisit.  Commercial revivals are generally reserved for international classics with a lot of tourist appeal.  However, I can see this becoming popular with opera companies in the future.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

AEA AGMA SM
#53Roles Kelli Can Win Another Tony For
Posted: 6/11/15 at 10:01am

It's slowly becoming more and more popular by summer companies to fill the "artistic" slot in their seasons, and I've heard of a few college productions here and there.  It will probably never gain the popularity of a West Side Story or My Fair Lady or any of the Rodgers and Hammerstein classics, but it won't fade into obscurity.

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#54Roles Kelli Can Win Another Tony For
Posted: 6/11/15 at 10:12am

Oh, I don't think it will completely fade into obscurity.  It just won't be a likely choice for a commercial Broadway revival.  Like Grey Gardens and Caroline, or Change, it's a wonderful show that will be very popular among musical theatre fans and academics than be generally known by the public.  They will live on through regional, amateur and college productions and in musical theatre history books.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

AEA AGMA SM
#55Roles Kelli Can Win Another Tony For
Posted: 6/11/15 at 10:18am

Sorry, MisterMatt, I totally meant to start my post saying that I agree with you about its potential for a commercial revival.

henrikegerman Profile Photo
henrikegerman
#56Roles Kelli Can Win Another Tony For
Posted: 6/11/15 at 10:58am

POST DELETED (FOR MAJOR CONFUSION ON MY PART)

Updated On: 6/11/15 at 10:58 AM

imeldasturn Profile Photo
imeldasturn
#57Roles Kelli Can Win Another Tony For
Posted: 6/11/15 at 11:00am

To henrikegerman: no, that was Clara (from Piazza). Francesca is from Bridges... all these Italian names

Updated On: 6/11/15 at 11:00 AM

henrikegerman
#58Roles Kelli Can Win Another Tony For
Posted: 6/11/15 at 11:08am

Thanks, Imeldasturn, I caught that myself right away, and, was super quick to delete.

henrikegerman
#59Roles Kelli Can Win Another Tony For
Posted: 6/13/15 at 7:17am

Victoria in Victor, Victoria

Dolly in The Grass Harp

Really, any Julie Andrews or Barbara Cook role

She'd be a wonderful Nora in A Dolll's House (too bad A Doll's Life isn't a well regarded musical)

Updated On: 6/13/15 at 07:17 AM

HenryTDobson Profile Photo
HenryTDobson
#60Roles Kelli Can Win Another Tony For
Posted: 6/13/15 at 9:17pm

The thought of Kelli as Lucille in PARADE gives me chills. Throw in Steven Pasquale and Joshua Henry into the mix, and you got yourself a perfect show. 

Kelli woulda made a lovely Sarah Brown in GUYS AND DOLLS. Too bad she's aged out. I would also love to see her Fantine in LES MIS, but that'll never happen. 

Videos