Big Brother 17

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#25Big Brother 17
Posted: 6/25/15 at 11:09am

I think that would just complicate things more, though. If they didn't know who the other HOH was nominating, that would mean they could presumably be picking the same people as the other.

jasonf Profile Photo
jasonf
#26Big Brother 17
Posted: 6/25/15 at 11:11am

Then pick your top two and two backups.  Maybe if you pick the same people they get an automatic extra vote cast against them.  I know it's complicated, but it would help keep the game more interesting, I think.

Hi, Shirley Temple Pudding.

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#27Big Brother 17
Posted: 6/25/15 at 12:49pm

On first impression, I really like Audrey and Da'Vonne.  Clay's generic pretty-boy looks really don't do anything for me and his stupid comment about finding a transgender person so shocking because her grew up in Texas just made him sound like a gigantic idiot.  Dickinson, TX is right smack off I-45 between Houston and Galveston.  It's not in the middle of nowhere.

I really hate Battle of the Block.  The twin thing was done back in season 5, so I don't mind bringing that back.  But why a twist every week?  I've a feeling CBS is trying to replicate Canada which made it nearly impossible for the houseguests to strategize.  In some cases, HOH was rendered useless and there were evictions with no POV comp, putting certain players at a much greater disadvantage than the others and offering more room for producer manipulation if the twists are not revealed to the viewing audience before they are introduced to the house.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

ArtMan
#28Big Brother 17
Posted: 6/25/15 at 6:14pm

It was hilarious when Da'Vonne made the comment about the tomato sauce and her weave.

ClydeBarrow Profile Photo
ClydeBarrow
#29Big Brother 17
Posted: 6/29/15 at 9:34am

Does anyone else find Jace to be the most annoying person ever? I'm so glad they're targeting him early and being smart by trying to backdoor him.

"Pardon my prior Mcfee slip. I know how to spell her name. I just don't know how to type it." -Talulah

doodlenyc Profile Photo
doodlenyc
#30Big Brother 17
Posted: 6/29/15 at 9:55am

Jace is easily my least favorite, and he is dragging Austin down with him. The bro code thing was just embarrassing, and Austin seemed to want it to end, but Jace just wouldnt let up.

I'm worried that they just don't have enough votes (or influence to get them) to backdoor him, which will hurt everyone in the game.

"Carson has combined his passion for helping children with his love for one of Cincinnati's favorite past times - cornhole - to create a unique and exciting event perfect for a corporate outing, entertaining clients or family fun."

"In Oz, the verb is douchifizzation." PRS

WhizzerMarvin Profile Photo
WhizzerMarvin
#31Big Brother 17
Posted: 6/29/15 at 11:05am

The bro stuff was embarrassing and made me cringe. Eliminating Jace early is fine by me.

I'm loving Da'Vonne and find her diary room analysis to be pretty funny.

Call me crazy, but I think Jason's accent is hot. I also think the hottest person in the house is the dentist. If I were in there I would be mooning over him and not Clay. I was very happy when he and Becky saved themselves.

The Battle of the Block is just stupid though and really messes up the flow of the episode. It was much more climatic when it ended with the nomination ceremony and so much more exciting when they pulled the keys out of the wheel. It tension could really build and the music cue as everyone stood up from the table in slow motion was great.

Dethroning an HOH just doesn't have the same effect.

I like the minorities alliance of Da'Vonne, Audrey, Jason and James. I could handle watching them take out the big threats this summer.

Marie: Don't be in such a hurry about that pretty little chippy in Frisco. Tony: Eh, she's a no chip!

TheLadyoftheWood Profile Photo
TheLadyoftheWood
#32Big Brother 17
Posted: 6/30/15 at 3:27pm

I am a Big Brother fanatic. I have watched since season 5 and this season is already setting up to be a really good one. Over the past 3 years I have purchased the Live Feeds to watch the goings and comings inside the house. I won't give anything away but some of you might be changing your thoughts on your favorites.

**** Spoiler alert*****

Jace went semi-streaking across the lawn the other night. It was a bout 5 seconds of extremly pale buttocks.

****End Spoiler****

Last night there was a huge blow-up in the house and everyone is scrambling to figure out what to do now.

I must say I am really like Jason, Da'vonne and Steve so far in the game. With Meg coming in right behind them. Here's to hoping that the momentum keeps going and this week is indicative of what is to come. There are some really smart cookies in this house here. If Derrick from last season had been with this crew his game would have been blown week 4 or 5.

For the record I hate BOTB. I wish they would never have even thought of that stupid competition in the first place. It take away from the Have/Have not competition (which now is just either people volunteering or the HOH picking people).

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#33Big Brother 17
Posted: 6/30/15 at 3:38pm

I'm doing the live feeds, too, but right now I find them almost impenetrable to follow. I think I'll enjoy them more as it goes on and I get a better idea of who is working with who, etc. Right now I've mostly been checking out the selected highlights.

Mister Matt
#34Big Brother 17
Posted: 6/30/15 at 5:45pm

I would probably like Austin if Jace weren't there, but I don't think the reverse would be true.  Jace is just your garden-variety surfer numbskull.  He reminds me of David, the first evicted from Season 15.  Jason annoys the crap out of me, but James is starting to grow on me, even though I think he sounds like he's really forcing the accent as much as possible.  Da'Vonne makes me LOL.  

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#35Big Brother 17
Posted: 7/1/15 at 12:38pm

I would like Austin if he didn't have all those gross tattoos all over his body.

Mister Matt
#36Big Brother 17
Posted: 7/1/15 at 2:30pm

Austin's tatts don't bother me as much as his hair and beard.  At least his tatts have some artistry to them (though I haven't seen enough of them to really get the full picture) rather than being some ugly random tramp stamps.

xxdrewboy85xx Profile Photo
xxdrewboy85xx
#37Big Brother 17
Posted: 7/1/15 at 3:28pm

So I have been extremely busy this summer and haven't purchased the Live Feeds (yet) and have barely been following up on the Live Feed Highlights. I'm currently reading up on some of the highlights from the past few days on BigBrotherNetwork and came across something that I was wondering if someone could tell me how it came about to those who have religiously followed the feeds/highlights this season so far.... so very Minor spoilers below.

Minor Spoiler:

On the Highlights from Monday night it says at 4:53 that Da'Vonne tells James and Meg that Vanessa is a professional Poker Player, but so far I haven't read anything else leading up to this point about when she made the connection. I assume  with being a poker dealer she was able to recognize her, but has she mentioned that realization prior to telling them? Do people know she's a Poker Dealer and does Vanessa know that Da'Vonne is a poker dealer. I was just wondering what the conversation actually was as to how Da'Vonne told them she knows. Such a minor thing I know, but it just made me curious. So If anyone had details on this aspect feel free to send me a private message! :) 

end spoiler. 

ArtMan
#38Big Brother 17
Posted: 7/1/15 at 4:44pm

I read Big Brother Network as well as Joker for updates, etc.  One of them stated that Vanessa told Da'Vonne about her occupation.  I'm not sure if Da'Vonne told Vanessa what she does, but there are already people in the house that figured out she was a poker dealer (Austin guessed it).  As far as Austin goes, I like his tats.  If he cut his hair and shaved or groomed the beard he would be more attractive.  But I think his hair is his "drag".  I get a gay vibe from him.  The first night Jace made a comment towards Austin about him being attractive and did he have a sister.  It's amazing to me how upfront "straight" guys have become in 2015.  Back in my old days, such statements would have never been made.

xxdrewboy85xx
#39Big Brother 17
Posted: 7/1/15 at 5:42pm

Thanks ArtMan! 

Count me among those who don't mind the tattoos (but I'm a sucker for sleeves) but wish he'd cut his hair and trim the beard! 

ClydeBarrow
#40Big Brother 17
Posted: 7/2/15 at 2:10pm

Audrey really needs to calm down. She can't be this paranoid week 1 and making an entire house alliance.

"Pardon my prior Mcfee slip. I know how to spell her name. I just don't know how to type it." -Talulah

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#41Big Brother 17
Posted: 7/2/15 at 2:37pm

Audrey reminded me of Devin from last year the way she kept waking people up to come up to talk about the alliance.  

Feeds gossip to follow if anyone doesn't want to be spoiled:

Da'Vonne doesn't seem nearly as crazy on the feeds as she did on the show last night.  And all that drama was from earlier in the week.  By this point everyone in the house seems to have it in for Audrey.  No one trusts her or anything she says.  

ClydeBarrow
#42Big Brother 17
Posted: 7/3/15 at 10:42am

Ding dong the Jace is dead!!! I can't imagine he'll even have the chance to come back since Julie was giving him the dirt on the house.

Audrey is probably the next one to go. She's playing a really horrible game. I can't for the life of me understand why she would have voted against Jackie. If she did it because she thought it would cause suspicion in the house she's wrong. Even Jace knew she was the one vote.

I kind of figured that Liz was the twin because they never really focused on her and she is pretty bland looking. I can honestly tell the difference between them though. It's in the nose.

And I must say that I'm rooting the most for Steve at this point. Love the awkward nerd.

Pammylicious Profile Photo
Pammylicious
#43Big Brother 17
Posted: 7/3/15 at 11:28am

Updated On: 7/3/15 at 11:28 AM

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#44Big Brother 17
Posted: 7/5/15 at 10:13pm

Its too bad that Jason is dumb.

Audrey is her own worst enemy.

da'Vonne Needs to keep it together.

this twins thing is ridiculous. Of course they will keep it a secret and stay off the radar. It's way too easy to be off the radar if you stay on the sidelines. How can you bother to be an active participant when you have only 15 minutes to learn what happened?

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

WhizzerMarvin Profile Photo
WhizzerMarvin
#45Big Brother 17
Posted: 7/5/15 at 11:39pm

I think Audrey felt too comfortable in the game and then way overplayed when she never needed to. She was on good terms with both Jason and James (plus Da'Vonne). Jace was an easy vote and she ruffled so many feathers unnecessarily.

That BoB comp made me laugh. Jason and Steve made a surprisingly good team and Da'Vonne's strategy was a complete mess. 

What was with Clay being so adamant about being put on the block as a pawn to throw a competition? Has he never, ever watched Big Brother before!?!? At least Shelli had the common sense not to give in to his repeated requests. John is inept at game play though and I think Da'Vonne could rally enough support to vote him out if they remain on the block. 

When Shelli and Becky won HoH I thought, well this will be a boring week, but this episode was full of excitement. Really looking forward to the PoV on Wednesday.

Marie: Don't be in such a hurry about that pretty little chippy in Frisco. Tony: Eh, she's a no chip!

clever name Profile Photo
clever name
#46Big Brother 17
Posted: 7/6/15 at 2:37pm

I'm not a fan of Shelli and Clay. I like Day but I'm afraid she is going to be the next one evicted. 

And John...wtf? He's so damn weird. I can't believe anyone lets him in their mouth. And what's with that Bobcat Goldthwait voice he uses in the diary room? 

xxdrewboy85xx
#47Big Brother 17
Posted: 7/6/15 at 2:46pm

I really don't want Day to go home this week! She's probably my favorite so far. I hope the last laugh twist can work in her favor as I'm sure the producers are not ready for her to go. However, I'm afraid her time may be up this week. 

I don't mind John, in a weird way I actually find him to be the most attractive guy in the house. Like I said in a weird way..... But does anyone else think his delivery in the DR sessions remind them of Dan? Something about his tone and the way he projects as he's in the DR just remind me of Dan is his DR sessions. But also, Id say Day's DR sessions are the funniest since Britney Haynes. 

clever name Profile Photo
clever name
#48Big Brother 17
Posted: 7/6/15 at 3:01pm

I usually like the weird, awkward ones. But I don't know. John is just..ugh I don't know. Maybe it's because he helped Clay and Shelli with their plan.

If he was weird and awkward and helping Day maybe I'd be less irritated with him? Possibly. Right now he's acting like a doofus puppet for the wrong side so I'm all huffy about it. 

xxdrewboy85xx
#49Big Brother 17
Posted: 7/6/15 at 11:50pm

Was the big brother spoiler thread deleted for some reason? I scrolled down the first page three times and didn't see it... Weird. 

Two big spoilers happened tonight (not counting who was the renom) but I won't go into them I guess since that thread is gone. both involving one of the HG on the block and Im hoping if they're smart they will use a little blackmale on someone that could potentially save them from going home...