Tony Yazbeck

NYadgal Profile Photo
NYadgal
#25Tony Yazbeck
Posted: 6/29/15 at 9:53am

Tony's performance last night at Birdland took my breath away.

I expected him to be great - I am in awe of his talent - but he was greater than great.

The heart and soul of the story he told moved me to tears.  His delivery was heartfelt and drew me in from the first moment he appeared in the spotlight.  His singing was stunning.  Powerful and gentle.  Belts and long held notes and notes that floated on air.  And his dancing. . .  he's one of the greats.

His band - drums, bass, trumpet and piano were incredible and each had a showcase within the various numbers performed.

His special guests all added to the show.

I didn't want it to end.   I hope he takes this on the road because I want to see it again.

"Two drifters off to see the world. There's such a lot of world to see. . ."

Dollypop
#26Tony Yazbeck
Posted: 6/29/15 at 12:16pm

Tony does have intentions of continuing with "The Floor Above Me".  It'll be popping up in other venues.

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#27Tony Yazbeck
Posted: 6/29/15 at 12:43pm

I agree with all that. It was, simply, one of a handful of finest cabaret shows I've ever seen, in a lifetime of cabaret-going.

And his guest stars were the irrepressible Clyde Alves from On the Town, the dazzling Melinda Sullivan from So You Think You Can Dance, and the beautiful Katie Yazbeck, his wife.

FindingNamo
#28Tony Yazbeck
Posted: 6/29/15 at 3:42pm

"Beautiful" as in just some pretty lady beautiful and not handsome fawning bear-type beautiful,  I bet.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#29Tony Yazbeck
Posted: 6/29/15 at 4:32pm

Tony dancing

Tony Yazbeck

Tony and Katie

Tony Yazbeck

Tony and Clyde doing "Moses Supposes":

Tony Yazbeck

Melinda Sullivan being awesome:

Tony Yazbeck

NYadgal Profile Photo
NYadgal
#30Tony Yazbeck
Posted: 6/29/15 at 5:10pm

Love those!

"Two drifters off to see the world. There's such a lot of world to see. . ."

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#31Tony Yazbeck
Posted: 6/29/15 at 11:33pm

The finale.

sctrojan65
#32Tony Yazbeck
Posted: 6/30/15 at 9:08am

"Tony does have intentions of continuing with "The Floor Above Me".  It'll be popping up in other venues.

"

As in, venues across the country I'm hoping!!

I heard he was touring with OTT, is that correct?

How great if he was side booking some venues in the cities he'll be appearing in with OTT.

I haven't seen a show at the Cinegrill at the Hollywood Roosevelt in years…and not even sure if they still do shows there anymore.

But I would love to see his show….anywhere in L.A…..should he come to town with OTT.

Dollypop
#33Tony Yazbeck
Posted: 6/30/15 at 3:18pm

Those are excellent pictures.  Thanks for posting them.

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

mc1227 Profile Photo
mc1227
#34Tony Yazbeck
Posted: 7/2/15 at 12:21am

I saw OTT tonight with a TDF tickets.  Row A (2nd row!!). It is one of these shows that individually is really good but there is some kind of disconnect that I couldn't put my finger on.  The performances are wonderful, especially Tony and Clyde Alves, but as a whole I thought it should have been better.  I think for me it was too much mugging by some characters trying too hard for a laugh (especially Jackie Hoffman) and it kind of turns me off in a way.  The singing was great and the dancing divine but I think the book was the issue.  I will say that this might be the hardest working company on Broadway right now and I give them great kudos for that!

The only review of a show that matters is your own.

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#35Tony Yazbeck
Posted: 7/2/15 at 4:06am

sctrojan, don't make USC look bad, the OP addressed the OTT tour earlier in the thread on page 1.  

Sounds like an amazing evening and I'm not exactly a cabaret junkie.  Curious, what did Clyde Alves perform?  I thought he was wonderful in OTT and perhaps a touch underappreciated as Ozzie.  I could imagine him being a great Gabey as well.  

sctrojan65
#36Tony Yazbeck
Posted: 7/2/15 at 1:23pm

Um, what?  

Was simply meant as a throwaway question/line to reconfirm.  Nothing more, nothing less.

Jeez. Some of the responses to the comments, questions and observations on these boards are  truly mystifying.  I see what people are saying now.

Funny…come over here from the football boards to partake in some civilized theater discussion and what do you get….0 to insult in 0 seconds flat.  Over something totally irrelevant to the subject at hand [rolling eyes and shaking head].

Some theatre fans make the most intense football fans look like the most pious of angels. Increible!  And yeah, that's Spanish….not a typo.   And yes, I know there's an accent missing.  Tony Yazbeck

Like, wow.   

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#37Tony Yazbeck
Posted: 7/2/15 at 1:41pm

Football board?  Totes masc.  Relax, SC.  Was just a gentle ribbing from a Bruins supporter.  The question you asked was addressed by the OP on the first page of this not very old thread.  Not sure why it's such an affront to ask you to click back one page and read the (scant) available details on the possible tour.  

sctrojan65
#38Tony Yazbeck
Posted: 7/3/15 at 9:22am

Won't go into any more detail about my response…already explained that. Suffice it to say things change daily when it comes to theater so just throwing out a question to confirm the latest news if there is any. In addition….well, for the sake of discussion, sometimes people do miss parts of a thread. So be it. It happens. Maybe not in this particular case. But it does happen.

No need for the bruin to get all wound up about it.

Gotta love the "instigate>>>elicit a response>>>play innocent" tactic though. [insert another eye roll and head shake here] Not the most mature way to hold a discussion, but entertaining nonetheless. Some tactics don't get left behind on the playgrounds of youth. Where they should be.

"Gentle ribbing"….lol….no such thing with a bruin. Will admit though, "totes masc"….now that was adorable. [one last eye roll and shake of the head]. Ah, bruins.

Updated On: 7/6/15 at 09:22 AM