Hamilton Help

Wickedmonkey332 Profile Photo
Wickedmonkey332
#1Hamilton Help
Posted: 6/28/15 at 1:51pm

Assuming that Hamilton will offer lottery instead of rush (which would be far from a guaranteed method of getting tickets), I currently have two options for tickets. I found rear Mezz tickets on StubHub for under $130 each. How are the views from this part if the theater? I also have access to house seats for somewhere around (probably more than) $160. Are house seats always good seats in the Orch? Do you think it is worth the extra money to be closer for this show?

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#2Hamilton Help
Posted: 6/28/15 at 2:27pm

I'd spend the extra money. Yes they will most likely be better to much better seats.  Additionally, why would you want to pay a scalper a profit??

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#2Hamilton Help
Posted: 6/28/15 at 2:44pm

The rear mezz at the Rodgers is fine. It really is a great view for the money. I'm seeing Hamilton from the rear mezz in August. I saw if then from the rear mezz for the final show and it was fine. 

Mr. Musical Profile Photo
Mr. Musical
#3Hamilton Help
Posted: 6/28/15 at 3:25pm

I'd go with the house seats. House seats are always some of the best seats in the house because they are generally only sold to people with connections to the production. Even if they are the worst house seats, would be worth $30 more than rear Mezz. Also, I second that I wouldn't pay a scalper that much more than face value for rear mezz

VotePeron Profile Photo
VotePeron
#4Hamilton Help
Posted: 6/28/15 at 3:47pm

I loathe the mezzanine at the Rodgers. It is high up and far away, with miserable leg room. Everyone who says it's fine is really kidding themselves.

Wickedmonkey332 Profile Photo
Wickedmonkey332
#5Hamilton Help
Posted: 6/28/15 at 5:40pm

Thanks everyone- I just emailed my contact in the company and requested the house seats. I cannot wait to see this show!

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#6Hamilton Help
Posted: 6/28/15 at 7:04pm

That's the right decision!

Videos