pixeltracker

Two "King and I" ticket questions- Page 2

Two "King and I" ticket questions

GreasedLightning Profile Photo
GreasedLightning
#25Two
Posted: 7/21/15 at 3:57pm

"I am a very fast walker and I would have no problem walking from Lincoln Center to New Amsterdam in 15 min."

24 blocks in 15 minutes on a Sunday in midtown Manhattan? Good luck with that.

jpbran Profile Photo
jpbran
#26Two
Posted: 7/21/15 at 4:01pm

Just found on the Misery website that it's 90 minutes with no intermission, so assuming I'm able to get tickets at the pre-sale, it should be an easy feat to get to Aladdin with plenty of time to spare (plus time for dinner). Two

jpbran Profile Photo
jpbran
#27Two
Posted: 7/21/15 at 4:03pm

""I am a very fast walker and I would have no problem walking from Lincoln Center to New Amsterdam in 15 min."

24 blocks in 15 minutes on a Sunday in midtown Manhattan? Good luck with that. "

Yeah, that would seemingly require a sprint as many of those blocks will be slightly-longer diagonal blocks. 

KelliOMG Profile Photo
KelliOMG
#28Two
Posted: 7/23/15 at 12:11pm

Did you have any trouble hearing Kelli singing in her quieter moments? (ie the intro of "Hello Young Lovers"

ChiTheaterFan
#29Two
Posted: 7/23/15 at 1:20pm

Not sure who that question is directed at but I was in the loge and had no problems whatsoever. It seems to me that theater really has excellent acoustics, although this was only the second show I've seen there.

If you're asking re: orchestra, can't help ya. 

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#30Two
Posted: 7/23/15 at 3:17pm

The sound for this production is excellent. I can't imagine there being any problems hearing from any seat.

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

stargazer2 Profile Photo
stargazer2
#31Two
Posted: 7/23/15 at 10:45pm

I sat in the front row of orchestra right, and loved it.  It felt so intimate with the cast so close.  I think that the right side orchestra front row would be better for the ship effect in the beginning because, if I remember correctly, it was slightly angled on the stage.  I didn't feel like I missed anything, and I loved being able to peek into the orchestra pit during the show.   

SmoothLover Profile Photo
SmoothLover
#32Two
Posted: 7/24/15 at 12:35am

Actually sometimes when she turns the opposite direction and is singing quietly it is a little hard to hear her which is odd because the show is miked. This is from sitting in row P on either side. I have to say though that her voice is projects better in this production than others I have seen her in. I sat in the loge for South Pacific and at times she was very hard to hear.

KelliOMG Profile Photo
KelliOMG
#33Two
Posted: 7/24/15 at 11:03am

Stargazer: do you miss any details sitting on front row on the right side? (ie scenes that staged far back on either side)

SmoothLover: would sitting front row mitigate the issues with the quieter moments being difficult to hear or is it going to be harder to hear if she turns away no matter which seats you're sitting in?

stargazer2 Profile Photo
stargazer2
#34Two
Posted: 7/24/15 at 12:52pm

From the front row on the extreme sides, you have an unobstructed view upstage.  I could see how you might get an partially obstructed view if you sat any higher than the 2nd row on the sides.   

This thread has a great picture.

https://forum.broadwayworld.com/readmessage.php?thread=1077662

jpbran Profile Photo
jpbran
#35Two
Posted: 7/27/15 at 9:24pm

Got decent tix for "Misery" this AM. AudienceRewards presale started today. Off to the side, but 5th row. Two Last show booked, now I just need to make the next 3+ months go by faster.