Next WICKED Cast

Blabla3
#50Next WICKED Cast
Posted: 7/30/15 at 2:32pm

^ I saw that too.. Wonder if she's possibly going to be the new Elphaba then? I'd still prefer Rachel though.. Guess only time will tell. New cast announcements for Broadway's Wicked are always on such short notice! 

Fade2black Profile Photo
Fade2black
#51Next WICKED Cast
Posted: 7/30/15 at 6:11pm

"^ I saw that too.. Wonder if she's possibly going to be the new Elphaba then? I'd still prefer Rachel though.. Guess only time will tell. New cast announcements for Broadway's Wicked are always on such short notice! "

Sorry, but Alison's "Next Thing" announcement has nothing to do with Broadway, or Wicked ( as much as I Would love it to ).... 

RW3
#52Next WICKED Cast
Posted: 7/30/15 at 6:19pm

"I became a fan of Rachel's from The Last Ship as well.

"I am completely against her potentially joining the Broadway company."

Can I ask why? Were you also completely against the other times we brought the West End Elphabas to Broadway? "

First, "against" might have been the wrong word to choose. She just would not have been my choice to select as the the next replacement. For the some time now, I feel that Wicked has been going through the motions with their casting, i.e. pulling people from the tour or people who were formally with the production. I was over the moon when Lindsay Mendez, Jenni Barber, and Kara Lindsay were cast in their roles because I felt that since they had never done their roles before that new life would be brought into the company. In addition, I feel that Wicked is closing themselves from new talent if they keep bringing in people from the tour or if they have been with the production before. Many actresses have said that they want to play Elphaba or Glinda and I think that these actresses won't get that chance if Wicked keeps going with what they are doing. However, I do understand that auditioning takes time and it would be easier for them to just do a shorter rehearsal process with them instead of a longer rehearsal time. In the end, I just would like someone new.

neonlightsxo
#53Next WICKED Cast
Posted: 7/30/15 at 10:21pm

So basically you're "against" Wicked recycling, not against Rachel. Why don't you call Joe Mantello, I'm sure he'd be glad to listen to you. Next WICKED Cast

asmith0307
#54Next WICKED Cast
Posted: 7/30/15 at 11:24pm

""I became a fan of Rachel's from The Last Ship as well.

Can I ask why? Were you also completely against the other times we brought the West End Elphabas to Broadway? "

First, "against" might have been the wrong word to choose. She just would not have been my choice to select as the the next replacement. For the some time now, I feel that Wicked has been going through the motions with their casting, i.e. pulling people from the tour or people who were formally with the production. I was over the moon when Lindsay Mendez, Jenni Barber, and Kara Lindsay were cast in their roles because I felt that since they had never done their roles before that new life would be brought into the company. In addition, I feel that Wicked is closing themselves from new talent if they keep bringing in people from the tour or if they have been with the production before. Many actresses have said that they want to play Elphaba or Glinda and I think that these actresses won't get that chance if Wicked keeps going with what they are doing. However, I do understand that auditioning takes time and it would be easier for them to just do a shorter rehearsal process with them instead of a longer rehearsal time. In the end, I just would like someone new.
 "

Kara Lindsay did play the role before on the 2nd National... She took over from Hayley Podschun.

RW3
#55Next WICKED Cast
Posted: 7/30/15 at 11:43pm

"""I became a fan of Rachel's from The Last Ship as well.

"

Kara Lindsay did play the role before on the 2nd National... She took over from Hayley Podschun."

I know Kara Lindsay took over for Hayley Podschun on the 2nd National. But, that was the 1st time she performed the role. Therefore, she was new to the material. 

trpguyy
#56Next WICKED Cast
Posted: 8/1/15 at 12:28am

Caroline's final show is September 13.

ejanssen
#57Next WICKED Cast
Posted: 8/1/15 at 9:41am

Does anyone know if Kara and Matt are also leaving on the same day? 

Blabla3
#58Next WICKED Cast
Posted: 8/13/15 at 8:22am

Any updates on the current cast's last day/the new cast? I've seen so much speculation, can't wait to find out. 

martianman2
#59Next WICKED Cast
Posted: 8/13/15 at 8:50am

The latest rumour about Rachel T is linking her with Beautiful in London. Fact or fiction at the minute.

gstrus2 Profile Photo
gstrus2
#60Next WICKED Cast
Posted: 8/18/15 at 3:00pm

It's Rachel Tucker. So excited to see her! http://t.co/eNOoO2MiVp

neonlightsxo
#61Next WICKED Cast
Posted: 8/18/15 at 3:36pm

Hooray!

ZellMorrowsPledge Profile Photo
ZellMorrowsPledge
#62Next WICKED Cast
Posted: 8/18/15 at 3:45pm

RACHEL TUCKER YAAAS

Use my code "YZTFG" for $20 OFF tickets on TodayTix!

JoseLee_ Profile Photo
JoseLee_
#63Next WICKED Cast
Posted: 8/18/15 at 4:33pm

I've seen Jonath Platt in Bare (2013 LA Revival) [posted on youtube by the company] and in Hair (2014 Hollywood Bowl) He is a great actor. Is in it kind of weird that his dad is the producer of the show? Maybe this was the plan all along but he had to get some credits first.. lol Either way, I'm happy for him.

theatregoer3 Profile Photo
theatregoer3
#64Next WICKED Cast
Posted: 8/18/15 at 4:42pm

It drives me nuts to see the producer drop his son into this. Ben and Jonah are mediocre at best. 

So sad but I guess it was inevitable.

neonlightsxo
#65Next WICKED Cast
Posted: 8/18/15 at 4:53pm

I don't know anything about Jonah but I saw Ben Platt in Book of Mormon and he was fantastic. Not mediocre.

Phillypinto Profile Photo
Phillypinto
#66Next WICKED Cast
Posted: 8/18/15 at 5:00pm

aww neon you're so excited!!

Use my fabulous TodayTix code: JEYCY

gstrus2 Profile Photo
gstrus2
#67Next WICKED Cast
Posted: 8/18/15 at 5:01pm

Is Kara staying in the cast, or will a new Glinda be coming in as well?

ZellMorrowsPledge Profile Photo
ZellMorrowsPledge
#68Next WICKED Cast
Posted: 8/18/15 at 6:17pm

Ben Platt is above mediocre. He's above incredible. I'd be happy to see him replace Robin as Boq but thats not likely. Anddd Kara along with everyone else are staying

Use my code "YZTFG" for $20 OFF tickets on TodayTix!

oncemorewithfeeling2 Profile Photo
oncemorewithfeeling2
#69Next WICKED Cast
Posted: 8/18/15 at 6:33pm

If Platt wanted his kids in the show, it would have happened a very long time ago. Jonah Platt's father isn't the casting director. He doesn't sit at EPAs trying to figure be a way to get his kid in the show. Both of the Platt kids are talented. It just happens that their father produces this show.

I know people see nepotism with this, but I personally don't. Being something like the 16th replacement Fiyero isn't super outrageous or glamorous.

From everything I've heard, Kara is VERY happy playing Glinda and to continue on in this role. 

Updated On: 8/18/15 at 06:33 PM

theatregoer3
#70Next WICKED Cast
Posted: 8/18/15 at 8:16pm

The casting director doesn't choose who makes it in the show. They basically make a suggestion and hold (mandatory) EPA's. He could very easily tell the team that his son is taking the role and it would happen as long as it works within equity rules...and most things do. The producer does have the ultimate say. 

mailhandler777
#71Next WICKED Cast
Posted: 8/18/15 at 9:18pm

I saw Ben in Dear Evan Hansen and he is far from mediocre. As for the producer dropping his son in the show. It's been running 13yrs. It certainly would have happened before now. 

Hi, I'm Val. Formerly DefyGravity777(I believe)

theatregoer3
#72Next WICKED Cast
Posted: 8/18/15 at 9:35pm

"I saw Ben in Dear Evan Hansen and he is far from mediocre. As for the producer dropping his son in the show. It's been running 13yrs. It certainly would have happened before now. 

I've seen your past reviews and you seem to enjoy very mediocre things. I've seen Ben perform a bunch and he's serviceable at best. 

Marc's son, Jonah, is now the right age for the part. Marc also produced Pitch Perfect and Ricki and the Flash...Ben's movies. You all can call my bluff now...but just watch how this will pan out.

Phillypinto Profile Photo
Phillypinto
#73Next WICKED Cast
Posted: 8/18/15 at 9:38pm

I agree. these boys need their daddy to help them get jobs. ugh gross

Use my fabulous TodayTix code: JEYCY

TaylorF221
#74Next WICKED Cast
Posted: 8/18/15 at 10:36pm

Guys, lets be honest here. Ben Platt is a fine actor, but wouldn't really put him "above incredible". There are a bunch of other fine, even better actors, trying to get acting jobs in this city. He wouldn't have got the jobs he got without Dad. And c'mon, another son with extremely few legit acting credits makes his bway debut in Wicked? He might be great in the role, but again, not there without his Dad. Not a judgment, but it really is all about who you know (or who you are related to!) in this business.